Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2013 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

wazzer1 wrote: »
    Sorry if this is the wrong thread but could anyone recommend a laptop to buy new/second hand that would run the game at this speed? Havent had it in a few years and miss it badly..Cheers :)

If you are getting a laptop make sure its at least an i5/i7 processor. My i3 doesn't cut it anymore and ive moved to desktop anyhow. You need to take into consideration FM14 aswell the specs will prob be higher for that.

An i5 with 4gb+ ram would be fine for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Just appointed Peter Schmeichel as my Director of Football. He's in charge of deciding where people on the loan list go :D

Sorry if this has been asked a load of times.

I'm looking to buy the game on Amazon but a lot of the reviews are negative because you have to install the game through Steam.

I don't have Steam and was wondering could I still play the game?

If I have to download Steam is it as much a pain in the arse as the reviews on Amazon are making out?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Sorry if this has been asked a load of times.

I'm looking to buy the game on Amazon but a lot of the reviews are negative because you have to install the game through Steam.

If I have to download Steam is it as much a pain in the arse as the reviews on Amazon are making out?

Thanks

I have been using steam with fm now for the past few years I dunno what all the complaints are about, it keeps your game up to date etc and I have found no faults with running steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

NMygzVr.png

Realism in this game...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

No, it's a Steam exclusive
    Not in the slightest. I've been using Steam for years with no hassle. Ignore the refuseniks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Any of ye know a very good reliable goalkeeper I could sign for a Npower Championship team? I've signed a good few with decent stats but they all turn out to be absolute donkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Any of ye know a very good reliable goalkeeper I could sign for a Npower Championship team? I've signed a good few with decent stats but they all turn out to be absolute donkeys.

Hmm what year? Smithies would be an excellent signing for the long-term imo. In my Leeds save (4th season pushing for Champions League) just had to splash the cash and would have been nice to develop him from the start...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Hmm what year? Smithies would be an excellent signing for the long-term imo. In my Leeds save (4th season pushing for Champions League) just had to splash the cash and would have been nice to develop him from the start...

First year. Don't need a young guy, just someone solid between the sticks. I've tried Ben Amos, Adrian from Betis B and a few others, they mostly start well but after a few games they start letting in soft goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

First year. Don't need a young guy, just someone solid between the sticks. I've tried Ben Amos, Adrian from Betis B and a few others, they mostly start well but after a few games they start letting in soft goals.

If I'm not going for a young one I'd tend not to spend any money at all and just get a free old lad in for a year :) Craig Gordon or Alex Manninger are normally the go to free ones I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭baboo800

I'm in my second season and am with Everton.I recently just joined them from QPR and I have gone 10 games without a win.Ive tried changing my tactics but that still hasn't worked so could someone please help me ??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

baboo800 wrote: »
    I'm in my second season and am with Everton.I recently just joined them from QPR and I have gone 10 games without a win.Ive tried changing my tactics but that still hasn't worked so could someone please help me ??

Post up what tactics you're currently using and we can try help you improve them?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭baboo800

Post up what tactics you're currently using and we can try help you improve them?

Thanks will post later

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moose3844

You should try, Maxym Koval he is unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Who is the best out and out striker in the game for the 4-2-3-1 formation?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Slattsy wrote: »

It naturally depends on the role that you want your striker to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

I use this and I think Rodrigo ex slb , turns into an unreal striker

moose3844 wrote: »
    You should try, Maxym Koval he is unreal

He won't go to the championship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

In terms of a complete forward nobody touches Kwon Chul-Ho tbh

Bangs in goals for fun and gets a huge amount of assists

kryogen wrote: »
    In terms of a complete forward nobody touches Kwon Chul-Ho tbh

Bangs in goals for fun and gets a huge amount of assists

What are his stats?

• Advertisement

Sorry lads for another boring question.

I just got the game, set up steam and installed the game but when I click on the icon to play the game it comes up "Steam servers are busy".

Just wondering if this happens a lot and how long do you think Ill be waiting for the servers to not be busy?

Thanks

**EDIT** Worked when I clicked it again :D

Sorry lads for another boring question.

I just got the game, set up steam and installed the game but when I click on the icon to play the game it comes up "Steam servers are busy".

Just wondering if this happens a lot and how long do you think Ill be waiting for the servers to not be busy?

Thanks

**EDIT** Worked when I clicked it again :D

It does happen, but usually its resolved very quickly
    Just keep trying

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

baboo800 wrote: »

you can talk to the squad too and tell them they're playing badly or ok but can do much better. let them play without pressure before games too

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So - goals are pre-determined in football manager, what a bitter disappointment it is to find this out.

Around HT it listed a goal for Welbeck on the timeline despite being 0-0. Sure enough, got to the allotted time and I scored. (Hernandez - Welbeck was off injured).

70odd mins gone in the game now and it lists a second goal on thetime line for Hernandez.

Wonder if he will get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Hernandez did indeed get his second in the 90th.

There were two other unheralded goals though, in a 3-1 win, not 2-0 as the future goals predicted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

So after 10 years in the job, my game finally decides to keep crashing before my most important game of the season

"Not well formed (invalid token) of line 1 of switching.xml"

wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Yakult wrote: »
    So after 10 years in the job, my game finally decides to keep crashing before my most important game of the season

"Not well formed (invalid token) of line 1 of switching.xml"

wtf?

That usually happens if the game crashed preiously.

Here's a fix: First of all you need to turn hidden folders on. Control Panel --> Appareance and Personalization --> Folder Options --> View tab --> Show hidden files and folders

Then click Start --> My Computer --> Users --> (Your name) --> AppData --> Roaming --> Sports Interactive --> FM 13, then delete the settings folder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

So - goals are pre-determined in football manager, what a bitter disappointment it is to find this out
    I'd imagine that the entire match (stats, injuries, etc) is determined in advance, with the graphics merely being a visual telling of this.

I'm curious though, how did you see there 'future goals' on the timeline?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 walkeith25

I'm used to the full frame as well...06.jpg
    07.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Reekwind wrote: »
    I'd imagine that the entire match (stats, injuries, etc) is determined in advance, with the graphics merely being a visual telling of this.

I would hope that the changes you make to tactics, substitutions and so on would have a direct impact on the game, otherwise why bother attending matches?

Advertisement