Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2013 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

dulpit wrote: »
    I would hope that the changes you make to tactics, substitutions and so on would have a direct impact on the game, otherwise why bother attending matches?

This is the case. Everything is calculated at the beginning, but then recalculated every time a change is made.

Strange issue with the showing of goals on the timeline before they occur though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Reekwind wrote: »
    I'd imagine that the entire match (stats, injuries, etc) is determined in advance, with the graphics merely being a visual telling of this.

I'm curious though, how did you see there 'future goals' on the timeline?

The match timeline bar at the bottom showed goals (the football) in advance of me actually getting to that time - for two of the four goals scored in the game. Both goals were scored at the times that were previously display.

I have a couple of screen shots on the laptop at home, will upload them later.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

The match timeline bar at the bottom showed goals (the football) in advance of me actually getting to that time - for two of the four goals scored in the game. Both goals were scored at the times that were previously display.

Could you perhaps of rewinded during the game? Or viewed some previous highlights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Reekwind wrote: »
    I'd imagine that the entire match (stats, injuries, etc) is determined in advance, with the graphics merely being a visual telling of this.

I'm curious though, how did you see there 'future goals' on the timeline?

But that would render your team talks, in game change of tactics or anything completely pointless. Which kinda goes against the whole FM thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Not a big fan of FM13. Played through first season and in it, Bayern finished with like a plus 8 goal difference and barca with plus 15. Not realistic. Not enough disparity between the top and weaker teams.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Arsenal approach my very good Under 18's coach for the vacant managers job, I had a chat option asking him to stay, so I did and he was delighted I had personally asked him to stay and that he would not be going anywhere. He actually refused lol. Now that's loyalty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

kryogen wrote: »
    But that would render your team talks, in game change of tactics or anything completely pointless. Which kinda goes against the whole FM thing
    NiallSparky's explanation makes sense but personally I think that quite a lot is predetermined. We've all had games where just nothing goes right and it's obvious that the computer has decided that the opposition is going to win. Liverpool going down 5-0 to relegation form West Brom springs to mind for me

Could you perhaps of rewinded during the game? Or viewed some previous highlights?

Sorry - wasn't home long enough to boot up the laptop last night.

To answer your question - no, i'm not stupid enough for that to have been the reason!

Also, only 2 goals showed on the timeline - 2 other goals in the game were scored between the 2 shown to me before they were scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I think i had the same issue too, i remember seeing something odd like that and think i took a screen shot too.

on a similer note if i take a screenshot is it uploaded to a steam save or anything or do i gotta wait till i get home to get it on the PC.

I thought i had a dropbox set up for this kinda stuff but apparently not!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

Help needed lads.

Playing as Forest, restarted from scratch again, first season in Championship, 2012/13 season.

Currently in 4th on New Year's Day, board just gave me £5 million to get us up.

Badly need a striker or 2, Sharp and Cox are not firing for me.

Happy with all other aspects of my team

Thanking you :)

• Advertisement

Clemenza wrote: »
    Help needed lads.

Playing as Forest, restarted from scratch again, first season in Championship, 2012/13 season.

Is Henriquez still at United? Try get him in on loan - fantastic little player - became my main striker at United in the third season.

Is Henriquez still at United? Try get him in on loan - fantastic little player - became my main striker at United in the third season.

With the 13.3 patch update he's on loan at Wigan for the season :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Help needed lads.

Leonardo ulloa is a monster in the championship. Maiga is handy on loan from west ham aswell

Cheers for the help lads

9 points clear at the top with 9 games left, Fierros been on fire for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Chris Coleman ignored my 45 mins per game request for Bale...this is war :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone else find they can't spend their budget as the game goes on?

I mean, I have a transfer budget of 125m at Spurs in 2026. And when I look at players worth large sums, they simply aren't as good as what I have. It's the first time I've played a game this long, and I've managed to get into a good system of buying a few players at 18 for 3-5m, turning them into superstars and selling them on later for 30m or so. But it means I never have the inclination to buy massive players.

Can't even seem to pump the cash into facilities or the likes either.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yeah, I have that at the moment. Into my 9th season in charge of Dortmund as reigning champions, so obviously the team is pretty decent. Currently have €91m to spend but can't find anyone better than I have, or if I do their club won't part with them no matter how much I offer.

Any care to recommend me a decent scout?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Any care to recommend me a decent scout?

Depends what club you are aswell just search for scouts and filter ability to 18 and judging potential to 18.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

My Head of Youth Development is in charge of signing youngsters but hasn't signed anyone? Sacked Mike Phelan and brought in Jorge Valdano, good scouting and tactical knowledge is a must for me. In my second season, game is getting a bit slow now, laptop is old :(

May give the classic version a go, anyone played it?

Just signed a Brazilian striker called Leo Bonatini for £14 million.

Hoping he does well! Anyone else familiar with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Got this in a recent Steam sale.

It's a bit annoying the way most teams have virtually no transfer budget.
    I'd really rather they actually started the game with the real squads and appropriate transfer budgets in June or July. I'm pretty sure the old CM games generally had budgets from the start.

I have no desire to go on big 10 year careers in this. It's not what I want from the game. So having no control over the shape of the squad for an entire year is annoying.

It was handy with a Liverpool save because they had loads of really good young players so they were a bit more interesting to play around with. Same went for Schalke.

Is there any way to tweak the budgets, either by workarounds in game or mods?

Download the updates man from non SI sources. FM Marshall has a good updated database which reflects current financial situations(Arsenal with a nice transfer kitty, Anzhi broke etc.) He's actually top notch, he edits every little intricate detail, and edits players to reflect real life ability.

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Download the updates man from non SI sources. FM Marshall has a good updated database which reflects current financial situations(Arsenal with a nice transfer kitty, Anzhi broke etc.) He's actually top notch, he edits every little intricate detail, and edits players to reflect real life ability.

I don't really want current budgets and squads.

Basically I want realistic budgets for all teams set as if there has been no business done yet in the Summer of 2012 (ie the start of the game).

I can see there's editors that allow you to change all sorts - the overall budget, the transfer budget.
    But I don't really want a massive advantage. I just want to be able to fiddle around with my own squad. I'd like there to be a level playing field with all the other teams also given that opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Gbear wrote: »
    Got this in a recent Steam sale.

It's a bit annoying the way most teams have virtually no transfer budget.
    I'd really rather they actually started the game with the real squads and appropriate transfer budgets in June or July. I'm pretty sure the old CM games generally had budgets from the start.

I have no desire to go on big 10 year careers in this. It's not what I want from the game. So having no control over the shape of the squad for an entire year is annoying.

It was handy with a Liverpool save because they had loads of really good young players so they were a bit more interesting to play around with. Same went for Schalke.

Is there any way to tweak the budgets, either by workarounds in game or mods?

Add a second manager to some mega rich club and buy one of your weaker players off your primary team and then resign the second manager. It's cheating but you'll get easy money fast.

Basically I want realistic budgets for all teams set as if there has been no business done yet in the Summer of 2012 (ie the start of the game).

I can see there's editors that allow you to change all sorts - the overall budget, the transfer budget.
    But I don't really want a massive advantage. I just want to be able to fiddle around with my own squad. I'd like there to be a level playing field with all the other teams also given that opportunity.

That's what it does, but for summer 2013, every team is given what you want, for example Liverpool have Aspas and the likes but still have their original summer 2013 budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

You already have a massive advantage. Almost everyone who plays football manager ends up successful. How is it levelling the playing field to increase your transfer budget? Level it with whom?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Any tips for solidifying the defence? Playing a game with FC United of Manchester and have them up in the Blue Square Premier doing well but i'm shipping way too many goals..

• Advertisement

elefant wrote: »
    You already have a massive advantage. Almost everyone who plays football manager ends up successful. How is it levelling the playing field to increase your transfer budget? Level it with whom?

Level the playing field as in also allow all the other managers in the game to make signings I have to deal with.

To put it another way, if I just wanted to use the money cheat I'd go City or Chelsea who both start with 60m+. I don't want to have that kind of a massive financial advantage.

In fact I started a game recently with Arsenal and they have a budget of 26m. With that I was able to do the sort of business I want. Not sign Thiago Silva, Neymar and Lewandowski all in 1 go but get a few bits and bobs - some young, some experienced.

Very few clubs have that sort of money at the start of the game though so that limits my options.
    I don't really want to play a season with Liverpool or Real Sociedad before I can make any changes. I want to be like any new manager at the start of the summer and have the freedom to reshape the squad within a normal budget.

I'm not sure why they've made the game in such a way that you can't do that with most teams. I would've thought people would've preferred to start off with some sort of transfer budget.

And I'm fairly sure it wasn't like that the last time I played the game (CM 4).

Advertisement