Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2013 Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Dude, I told u about the update that allows you to do that, fm marshall, its on fm base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Dude, I told u about the update that allows you to do that, fm marshall, its on fm base.

Yeah I know, I was just explaining my position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I totally get you, too many people think using the editor means you want to make your team the best, I really use the editor to make the game harder(make real and barcelona better to reflect their dominance in la liga for example)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Started playing FM13 recently on Classic mode and just finished my first season with Man Utd...

Signed Bale from Tottenham in a swap for Anderson and Cleverley, hah :pac: Best piece of business I've done so far as he did quite well for me this season on the left wing.. Won a player of the year award :) Anderson and Clevs were rarely ever played in my squad anyway but for some reason the board were disappointed to see Clevs leave.

Signed Fellaini from Everton for somewhere around €25 million and he turned out to be one of my key players. Became a great signing and the board and fans were very happy with him. He ended up being voted into the Dream XI at the end of the season.. as did 7 of my other players! :rolleyes:

Signed Luke Shaw as my future replacement for Evra. Evra got injured for 3 months this season and he did well in his place. Really hope to see him become the best DL in the league ;) However, I have mixed feelings about him. Because of the money spent (Roughly €14 million I think) I missed out on Sandro. He only cost Chelsea €20 million and was definitely one of the best CM in the world this season. A combination of Fellaini and Sandro would have been unreal, with Fletch as backup. Carrick didn't achieve much this season.

Onto my second transfer window..

Signed Shaqiri as my new right winger in rotation with Valencia. Can't remember how much exactly but it was in the region of €30 million. Valencia had a great season for the most part, while Nani.. was disappointing. Trying to flog him off for €30 million but no bites so far other than about 3.0 up front with the rest in monthly instalments. Might end up leaving him go for that but I kind of want money up front.

Signed ter Stegen as my new Goalkeeper as DeGea was so frustrating most of the season. He had some great spells, but then he would spiral for a while and make some very silly mistakes and give away crucial goals. Only seen ter Stegen in pre season so far but he is already impressing me. Might work in a rotation system between the two as I'd hate to see deGea rotting on the bench.

Sold Wellbeck to Juve for about €16.5 million cash up front. Never played him at all last season so it worked out a great deal for me.

Sold Carrick for 18.5 million to Arsenal. While selling him to a competitor wasn't the greatest move ever, and the board & fans weren't too pleased, he is 32 and pushing 33.. didn't feature a whole lot last season even though he got played a lot. Fletcher / Fellaini became my two CM's. Felt it was best to just sell him off.

Released Giggs on a free. I think he played about 3 games for me last season. Signed Scholes up for another year as backup in case my CM's get injured.

Currently trying to sign Thiago.. Had agreed a deal of about €45 million or so with Barcelona but he got injured just before signing so failed his medical.. I don't think he will be back to fitness before the window is over either unfortunately, so need to look elsewhere now that Carrick is gone.

Feck sake this game is getting seriously frustrating now..

I'm using the exact same tactics as last year.. but with better players..

Yet, I'm scoring less.. And against any 'big' team I losing by at least 3 goals.. I lost 4-0 to Arsenal who currently 9th in the league after winning 1 of their 6 games, drawing 3, and losing 2.. Yet they destroy me?

Same thing happened City.. 3-0 but it really should have been 4-0 or 5-0

What the feck is happening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Danger781 wrote: »
    Feck sake this game is getting seriously frustrating now..

I'm using the exact same tactics as last year.. but with better players..

Yet, I'm scoring less.. And against any 'big' team I losing by at least 3 goals.. I lost 4-0 to Arsenal who currently 9th in the league after winning 1 of their 6 games, drawing 3, and losing 2.. Yet they destroy me?

Same thing happened City.. 3-0 but it really should have been 4-0 or 5-0

Do you play the same tactic every game and not alter it to your opposition etc, how the game is going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Second season syndrome. Other teams know what to expect and adjust their tactics to better counter you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Reekwind wrote: »
    Second season syndrome. Other teams know what to expect and adjust their tactics to better counter you

Is the game actually that clever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

So I've been told. And it fits with my observations, particularly if you come from nowhere and do well in your first season

Nolars wrote: »
    Do you play the same tactic every game and not alter it to your opposition etc, how the game is going?
    Reekwind wrote: »

I was playing this formation all the time until now.. My main squad would look something like..

RVP
    -Bale----Kagawa----Shaqiri-
    Fellaini--Thiago

-Baines-Evans-Vidic-Rafael-
    ter Stegen

With the tactics set to Fluid / Attacking - I dominated the game last year

Rooney is like my wildcard.. He's versatile so I tend to play him out of position, generally swapping him with one of RVP / Kag / Bale when one gets below 90%, but generally I just rotate between him and Kagawa or RVP. RVP is injured at the moment so he's actually playing up top in rotation with Hernandez.

I've been tinkering with having two wing backs with three CD's with one CM, or two CM with nobody behind the striker other than the two wingers. Neither wielding great results. Tried going back to a standard 4-4-1-1 and again, doing pretty average.

Yesterday evening I kept re-loading the game over and over trying different tactics against City just to see what worked, because obviously what I was doing had stopped doing what it was supposed to do, but continuously lost by 2-3 goals every time no matter what. I've lost track of how many shapes I've tried at this stage. Getting dominated all over the pitch even though they're playing my original tactic, albeit slightly different with 3 in the centre behind the striker rather than two wingers with one behind the striker.

My team just can't seem to score any more. It's like they intentionally aim for the crossbar because they're amazing at hitting it 2-3 times per game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Change it up a bit, You can't just expect to set up one tactic and use it for the rest of your career without getting found out

Change it up a bit, You can't just expect to set up one tactic and use it for the rest of your career without getting found out

Yeah, I know. But like I said I kept reloading the game last night trying out different tactics against Man City and pretty much got dominated every time. I know City probably aren't the best team to try that against, but I'm still losing by at least 2 goals every game.

I haven't really concentrated so much on working on different tactics as what I had was working perfectly until now. Need to look into a new formation I guess.

I'm just getting annoyed at the fact that City aren't just beating me.. They're dominating me in every area of the pitch. Put that together with the fact that my players don't do anything other than hit the post / crossbar once or twice in every game. It gets incredibly frustrating. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Yeah, I know. But like I said I kept reloading the game last night trying out different tactics against Man City and pretty much got dominated every time. I know City probably aren't the best team to try that against, but I'm still losing by at least 2 goals every game.

I haven't really concentrated so much on working on different tactics as what I had was working perfectly until now. Need to look into a new formation I guess.

I'm just getting annoyed at the fact that City aren't just beating me.. They're dominating me in every area of the pitch. Put that together with the fact that my players don't do anything other than hit the post / crossbar once or twice in every game. It gets incredibly frustrating. :o

It would probably have to be done over a few matches, get the players used to new roles etc.

you can't just switch everything up in one game and expect players to work perfect.

I always mess around in cups or against smaller teams, get players used to multiple roles and scrape through by a goal or 2 that way they are more prepared for a change against a bigger team.

does that make sense?

danniemcq wrote: »
    It would probably have to be done over a few matches, get the players used to new roles etc.

you can't just switch everything up in one game and expect players to work perfect.

I always mess around in cups or against smaller teams, get players used to multiple roles and scrape through by a goal or 2 that way they are more prepared for a change against a bigger team.

does that make sense?

It does :(

Do you have any formation you would suggest giving a test run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I play a 4-1(Dm)-4-1

You need to ensure you have the centre halves and defensive midfielder to get away with this formation though.

You can have 3 tactics that ur team is fluid in using. set up a tactic for teams you expect to beat easy set up a tactic where a team can hit you on the counter attack and pick a tactic for games against city, Chelsea etc. You get the general idea. After your team is fluid in a tactic and you use it 7/8 times you can make small changes to see does it work or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I play with either a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-1-1,

I change who is where and what the roles are etc. just little tweaks but more than enough to get the job done (most of the time)

to expand i usually run with 4 at the back, 3 in CM 1 in AM and 2 STs,

Its a very attacking team but my defence is rock solid and even if i do let in a few goals i usually nip one or two more!

When away from home against a big team i swap out a ST for a DM. change how the players move or their role, tweaks to a solid tactic to create a few more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I decided to start a game as manager at F.C. United of Manchester in Blue Square North. Finished the season 1 point away from a promotion playoff and I'm devastated. I have to play another season in that awful league as a semi-pro club where it is impossible to attract good staff or players, or develop youngsters.

I can't help but think back over the season and how one tiny tactical change in one match, or one team talk or press conference handled differently could have made the difference.

Ah well, onward and upward. Blue Square Premier or bust!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Has anyone got any links to the 2013/2014 Championship kits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I think I will set up a new game, don't play in England (bored silly with that league), I love all the other leagues, more fun and go unemployed and the lowest reputation and see where it takes me :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

This game has taken a serious back seat since GTA came out!

Gonna try get a few hours in on my journeyman save next week though, have Venezia pretty competitive right now

Miles Jacobson ‏@milesSI 14m
    Some people are morons RT @decoburak @milessi how can i download fm 2014 free using torrent? yo r looking like a competent guy.
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Miles Jacobson ‏@milesSI 3m
    As an aside - to the 8.1m people who have so far illegally downloaded #FM13, we have all your IP addresses. #ilovedata
    Expand

8.1 million??? jesus

I'm sure they recorded 8.1 million IP addresses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I'm sure they recorded 8.1 million IP addresses.

They should enter everyone into a draw for a free copy of fm14 just to really **** with people

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Wow that's a lot considering it becomes so cheap. Such a good game deserves none of that. Not sure if anyone remembers my Shamrock Rovers save from FM12, finished that up around 2038 still dominating, but never got any more than 3 good players out of my youth system the whole time. Second season in we're in the Champions League:

mJXKVVY.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Werewolf In London

8.1 is STAGGERING

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

8.1 is STAGGERING

?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Werewolf In London

dulpit wrote: »
    ?

Illegal downloads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I sure hope if anything happens to me, my assistant manager will take my place. He deserves it.

Jorge Valdano is my right hand, my most trusted staff member. His responsibilities include, handling training, match preparations, press conferences, opposition player instructions, managing and arranging all friendlies, signing and bringing youth players into the club

My cup victories are his cup victories too, however some clubs are sniffing around him with a potential offer to manage :(

I also attended a youth trial game. The youth trial team had a FC called Paul Clare who absolutely destroyed my U18 side. Snapped him up with a few others. He's a 4 and half potential. Ruud Van Nistelrooy is one of his coaches, I predict big things at Manchester United for him :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Advertisement