Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2013 Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    They are. Whenever someone bids for a player I don't want to sell, instead of rejecting it and potentially annoying the player by refusing him the chance, I negotiate and ask for a huge fee and a tiny buy back fee. Shockingly, not a single team has been interested in my offer of £600,000,000 and a buy back fee of £1 :D

Excellent. Definetly something I'm going to have to look into for FM13.

Side story, could have done with it when I left a young re-gen go with Chelsea in 2016, 3 and a bit star, didnt think much of him, let go for 800K, 2 seasons later hes top scorer the last 2 seasons and worth 15 Million and his stats have sky rocketed. :(

Lesson well and truly learned for the new game. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Sounds interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,873 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭talla10

The tax class for each country sounds like a good idea!

I'd like the ability as well to call a press conference if i wish to slate the international friendlies, respond to speculation etc.

And i don't like the current system that beacuse you manage say Man Utd then from the word go Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal & Chelsea managers all Hate you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

talla10 wrote: »
    The tax class for each country sounds like a good idea!

I'd like the ability as well to call a press conference if i wish to slate the international friendlies, respond to speculation etc.

And i don't like the current system that beacuse you manage say Man Utd then from the word go Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal & Chelsea managers all Hate you!!

For some reason, my manager has an irrational hatred of Paul Dickov, even though I've never had any form of interaction with him! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/features/game/3379691/fm-2013-features/

Wait, does this mean you can only play classic mode and challenge mode in the game? That would suck.

Classic mode strips away some features and brings in an achievement system, making it easier basically.

Challenge mode is something like you're given 6 months to improve the team, save the team etc.

The normal mode was fine already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

flyswatter wrote: »
    http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/features/game/3379691/fm-2013-features/

Wait, does this mean you can only play classic mode and challenge mode in the game? That would suck.

Classic mode strips away some features and brings in an achievement system, making it easier basically.

Challenge mode is something like you're given 6 months to improve the team, save the team etc.

The normal mode was fine already.

No, the normal "simulation mode" is still the main focus of the game.

They have added classic mode and challenge mode to attract lapsed fans who no longer have time to play the full simulation as it has gotten more complex and time consuming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Director of football now included - great addition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The leaderboard could be fun for us. We could add each other on Steam and fight it out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

Hey everyone.

This year I'm finally going to get back into FM. I was a big CM/FM player years ago. I used to play it way too much, like I'm sure everybody does. Anyway, I haven't played it in years and I'm really excited about getting back into it. Just a quick look here and I can see it has come a hell of a long way since I last played it.

Looking forward to getting stuck in and chatting with you guys here about it. I'm sure I'll be looking for hints and tips very soon!!

FM06 was the last one I played :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

For those interested in FM 2013, a release date will be announced tomorrow:

Link: https://twitter.com/milesSI/status/251264553063690241
    It's not just you who wants a release date for #FM13 it's SEGA too. Decision has to be made today, so will be announced tomorrow I expect.

Also, they're going to have some sort of incentive to pre-order, which will also be announced tomorrow.

Link: https://twitter.com/milesSI/status/251264848116199425
    This year we also have what I believe to be a brilliant pre-order incentive. Just finalising that, so will announce tomorrow too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Use voucher code GMGFM-C7BEY-U0PMY to get the game for €32.50 from http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ie/en/pc/games/sports/football-manager-2013/

Got it in an email from aid the boss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm really debating whether to get it or not. I haven't won the CL with any team in FM12 yet!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm really debating whether to get it or not. I haven't won the CL with any team in FM12 yet!

That's my quandary too. If I get new game I'll have to say goodbye to my existing team...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Might give it a miss. FM12 hasn't grabbed my attention that much.

Release date is November 2nd at 00:01 GMT. You can get a beta 2 weeks in advance of this if you pre-order.

Details via twitter: http://twitter.com/milesSI/status/251420650764374016
    #FM13 release date is November 2nd at 00.01 GMT. Pre-order to play the game 2 weeks ahead of release date! http://www.sigames.com/news/14162/FM13+Release+Date++Pre-Order+Incentive

More details here: http://www.sigames.com/news/14162/FM13+Release+Date++Pre-Order+Incentive which includes information on what the beta allows/etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

https://www.greenmangaming.com/
    GMGFM-C7BEY-U0PMY
    enter that code to get fm13 for 32 euro
    its a download

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

has anyone pre ordered? have to say that this years edition seems like it will be the full package. Its got a better main game but theyve also got classic for when you get frustrated. Best of both worlds, and the options they seem to be giving now are getting really in depth and hopefully they will turn out as intended. Released in a months time so beta should be around 2/3 weeks time. Anybody confirm for me that the beta access is the preorder bonus they talked about or is there going to be something else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I usually wait until around January before considering getting it. Not only does it tend to be cheaper, other people find all the glitches and have them reported so they should be sorted with a patch :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

exactly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I got FM12 in April this year, probably played it more than the last two versions, which I got on release, played for 2-3 months, never to be played again! Its kind of become that game for me, hugely addictive for limited periods of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭irishgeo

threein99 wrote: »
    https://www.greenmangaming.com/
    GMGFM-C7BEY-U0PMY
    enter that code to get fm13 for 32 euro
    its a download

does this site qualify for the beta pre-order offer?

irishgeo wrote: »

ive heard it does but there is some uncertainty, Ive ordered a boxed one from amazon to be sure, they say it qualifies on the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I think so

i have tweeted asking sigames themselves, so ill guess we will see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

In Australia at the moment and FM13 is a scandalous $80 (€65)!

I reckon I'll be sticking with FM12 until I get back to a sane part of the world.

In Australia at the moment and FM13 is a scandalous $80 (€65)!

I reckon I'll be sticking with FM12 until I get back to a sane part of the world.

Did you try looking on Amazon.com? They should be cheaper.

i have tweeted asking sigames themselves, so ill guess we will see.

I got it confirmed by the @footballmanager official account that the greenmangaming website is included in the pre-order beta offer.

Reply from greenmangaming reagrding the pre-release beta
    We've now received confirmation that we will be able to offer the beta access to Football Manager 2013 to our users. We can also confirm the release date as November 2nd 2012.

Beta access begins approximately 2 weeks before the above release date, and when it ticks over to the release date, your game will automatically update to the final release version. We've also heard that all game progress from the beta will be accessible in the final version!

keys will be distributed nearer to the beta release and can be found under 'keys' on your GMG account.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I don't understand why its branded as beta, is it actually testing? Surely its just a stripped down demo like before, no?

Advertisement