Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2013 Discussion

1242526272830»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Did you do a spotlight search for Sports Interactive folder?

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Is anyone far enough into the game that Lluis Sastre has retired? He became my assistant manager on FM2012 and he was unbelievable. Wondering if he took that role again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'm Man Utd

Signed Beckham for free started him in the league cup the next day

Board was not impressed :o

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/bootroom/id/529?cc=5739

Great article,Journalist takes up managing United to see what Moyes is going through haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Started a new game with Shamrock rovers.

1st season got to the europa league group stage and won the league and one of the cups.
    2nd season got to the group stage of the Champions league but i was bored with how easy the irish league is when you get a bit of money.
    So i started looking for a new job and the only team that would take me was Shrewsbury in league 2.

Shrewsbury

1st season got promoted to league 1 with a pretty average team that included a few ex rovers players.
    2nd season , was flying high in 1st position about half way through the season when i was offered the Norwich job , they were in the relegation zone in the premier league.

Norwich
    1st season. finished about 10th i think, was very inconstant but the board just wanted me to avoid relegation.
    2nd season . finished 6th was very close to the top but ended badly.
    After the second season Arsenal came in for me, they had a massive transfer budget so i said feck it yeah.

Arsenal
    1st season. won all domestic trophies with a very strong squad.
    2nd season. won all domestic trophies and should have won the champions league but for a freak last minute goal against us in the semi-final.
    After that season i realised that i was going to win the champions league with them soon and with me not being an arsenal fan i didn't want them to be the first team i done it with! (in this save game)
    So i quit and went on a nice long holiday, in which i was offered Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.
    But i wanted a club i actually liked, was hoping for Man Utd/Ajax/Celtic...then St Pauli lost their manager. I thought i'd go for them. They were in the relegation zone in the second division of the German League with about half the season gone.

St Pauli
    Season 1. taking over half way through the season the team were not doing well at all, so i was just trying to increase moral and hope to win a few games, we did ok and started to climb the table. with more time we would have won the league but time ran out and we finished about 8 i think.

Season 2. got rid of lots of old players on big money and sacked a lot of the staff. brought in younger players and hired some good scouts. the new young team played very well and we won the league pretty comfortably. The first time St Pauli ever won a league!

Season 3. Time to mix it up with the big boys, i was expecting a good bit of money to spend... i got 1.1 mil. I was able to get a few players in , including a very good Brazilian midfielder on loan.
    Went on some good runs and was always near the top of the table. With two games to go we were on 69 points at the top along with HSV.
    We had two easy enough games against two lower teams and HSV had two tough games against top half teams.
    Our first game we were complete muck and lots 3-0 i was fuming but then HSV lost too!
    We were still in with a chance going to the last game of the season. We played well but coincided an early goal. I wasn;t two worried, but at 90 minutes and after 17 shots on goal it ended 0-1 and we had blown it.
    HSV lost too ..but they didn't win the league, bayern did but 1 point!
    It was the most exciting end i've every had to league campaign.
    We ended up 3rd and with a champions league spot but i was still sick as a dog. That's where i am right now, going to stick it out with them until we get some silverware to go with that league 2 trophy!

Sorry about the lack of detail, in work so can't check my game :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

yea wrong thread there that was!:)

Took over Newcastle, every scout has a hard on for Malouda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,873 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I hate that you can't criticise your team if they win, no matter what the circumstances. I was 1-6 favourite to win a match and I won 3-2, told the team they didn't live up to expectations and now they all hate me. Not realistic at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭bigron2109

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Have started a new journeyman save, began unemployed, sunday league footballer, got a job in the Belarussian 1st division and excited to see how I get on. Havent managed in this division yet (I think)

• Advertisement

In my Manchester United save, there was a board takeover, weeks and weeks of a transfer embargo, my kitty was 10m, the takeover was finally complete, expecting a huge boost

Got 1.5m extra :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Almost finished season 3 of my Man Utd save.. Got a pretty decent squad ;)

Most notable transfers:

2013 / 2013 Season
    Transfer In:
    Marouane Fellaini - €31.5M
    Luke Shaw - €16.25M
    Gareth Bale - P/Ex for Tom Cleverley and Anderson!

Transfer Out:
    Chris Smalling - Juventus - €16M

2013/2014 Season
    Transfer In:
    Xherdan Shaqiri - €22M
    Marc Andre ter Stegen - €30M
    Leighton Baines - €25M
    Thiago - €40M
    Kyriakos Papadopoulos - €20M

Transfer Out:
    Danny Welbeck - Real Madrid - €16.5M
    Michael Carrick - Arsenal - €18M
    Ashley Young - Dortmund - €12M
    Alex Buttner - Southampton - €4.5M

2014 / 2015 Season
    Transfer In:
    Robert Lewandowski - Free (Expired contract)
    Victor Valdes - Free (Expired Contract)
    Neymar - €103M
    Ilkay Gundogan - €40.5M

Transfer Out:
    Nani - Porto - Free
    Antonio Valencia - Porto - €35M

Started a new game, decided to put Mourinho in charge at Chelsea instead of Rafa

First news item in, Moyes appointed Real Madrid manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Started a game as PSG to see what its like to have loads of money, great craic altogether, buying loads of players, everytime I have ran out of money they have pumped more in

My playing squad includes Ronaldo, Fabregas, Javi Martinez, Sergio, Cavani, Ozil, Varane, Ter Stegen, Ramos!

In the space of 4 windows....

My challenge is getting them to play together properly

First team squad looks like

Ter Stegen
    Ramos----Varane/Zouma
    Thiago Silva
    Baines
    Javi Martinez/Fab----Busquets/Verrati
    Menez/Lucas
    Ozil/Lavezzi
    Ronaldo--
    Ibra/Cavani

Tax is France is insane though, I pay Ronaldo 215k a week, he takes home 60k!

Id say Ill get bored of this quick enough though, the only thing that can go wrong is, well, I dunno, nothing I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Ronaldo never wants to join United :(

Advertisement