Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2013 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Over the coming weeks I am expecting everyone who has the game to give full in depth reviews on the good and the bad so I can decide if I should get it or not. :D

Its totally unrealistic...I'm managing Liverpool, only had 3m of a transfer budget and nobody wanted to buy Joe Cole or Stuart Downing.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Over the coming weeks I am expecting everyone who has the game to give full in depth reviews on the good and the bad so I can decide if I should get it or not. :D

just get it

once again its better than last year

best football game goin

fifa me bollicks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

My last one was FM11 so while the new interface took a while for me to get used to i must say im liking the game so far.

Still hate press conferences though. This new emotion things added to it doesnt seem to have much affect. Honestly press conferences are the worst feature added to FM in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Anyone got any beta codes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

James__10 wrote: »
    Anyone got any beta codes?

You only get them when you pay for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,293 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I started unemployed with the lowest rep and I was offered the DSK Gomel job in the Belarusian 2nd division. First 5 results were DWWWD and then I lost the next 6..so I resigned :o.

Went on holiday for a while, and in January 13' I was offered the job at newly promoted LOI First Division side College Corinthians which I accepted..Just putting together a squad now and there is a possible takeover happening at the club.
    225341.png

€40k investment. Watch out Man City!

I'm enjoying the game so far. I'd agree with WilcoOut above when he says to buy it if you are still only considering it. You're not going to find it much cheaper than the price it is available for now.

Edit: Oh great, I get a runtime error about 5 days before the game autosaves and now I am back managing DSK Gomel. Feck off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

^Lousy, College Corinthians are only over the road from my home, used to play against them when I played u12 soccer :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Can any one tell me how to pick it up for 25 euro? Trying Tor at the minute but not working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Anyone wrote: »
    Its totally unrealistic...I'm managing Liverpool, only had 3m of a transfer budget and nobody wanted to buy Joe Cole or Stuart Downing.....

What's unrealistic about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

Wheres the cheapest place to buy this, that also gives out a beta code?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

kippy wrote: »

It was sarcasm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

kippy wrote: »

whoooooosssshhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭louthguy25

It was sarcasm...

Should have finished it with bazinga

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

It was sarcasm...

I figured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Anyone else playing the beta find that contract negotiations have become really difficult? I have a lot of players who demand really high wages and wont give way in there demands.

Ive decided to give up on my Cork City game despite finishing 3rd and winning the league cup in my first season. I let a few players go expecting to sign better ones but i just cant seem to sign any good players and my search options only give really poor players.

Hopefully these issues will be addressed when the release version comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Anyone else playing the beta find that contract negotiations have become really difficult? I have a lot of players who demand really high wages and wont give way in there demands.

Ive decided to give up on my Cork City game despite finishing 3rd and winning the league cup in my first season. I let a few players go expecting to sign better ones but i just cant seem to sign any good players and my search options only give really poor players.

If you offer them a 10% yearly wage rise theyll usually accept much lower demands, have even gotten a few to go beneath their current wage with a yearly increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

How do I get the team report from my assistant manager that shows the best players in each position like in fm2011?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

just tried one of the challenges

it was to take over a team bottom of the league at christmas and try avoid relegation.

it auto assigned me Hartlepool but unfortunetly i failed with 2 games left to play

ShaneU wrote: »
    How do I get the team report from my assistant manager that shows the best players in each position like in fm2011?

its in the drop down menu in next to your club name, it says team report Im almost sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Has anyone played a network match yet ?

• Advertisement

blobby360 wrote: »
    Has anyone played a network match yet ?

Theyre not available until the full game release, which is a week friday, but if anyone round here is interested we could get one going around then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

I'm in my second season with Barnsley, kept them up on last day last year, battling to do the same this year. I don't like this new board promises bit, I'm supposed to promise to play attacking football, seriously we're a bit limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

€23.99 here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Yeah, I'm playing with Yeovil who's squad was small enough as it is, I couldn't afford to keep some of my best players on board, I now have a total squad of 11 players!! :eek:

Some serious work to do this summer! Hope I don't have the problems you did trying to find replacements!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Degag wrote: »
    €23.99 here

That site trusted?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,916 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That site trusted?

I bought 2012 off there last year. Was waiting an extra 2-3 weeks after the release date for it to come. Nearly had murder with them!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I bought 2012 off there last year. Was waiting an extra 2-3 weeks after the release date for it to come. Nearly had murder with them!
    2-3 week?! ahh crap
    Is this the best option still when it comes to getting the disk not a digital copy?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    2-3 week?! ahh crap
    Is this the best option still when it comes to getting the disk not a digital copy?

I don't follow ya? :o

Are you asking is it best to buy it online for the disk rather than downloading it through Steam?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Sorry probably phrased it badly.
    Ya just wondering where it the best option ppl have seen so far to get a physical copy of the disk(price,delivery time) as opposed to downloading it through steam

• Advertisement

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Sorry probably phrased it badly.
    Ya just wondering where it the best option ppl have seen so far to get a physical copy of the disk(price,delivery time) as opposed to downloading it through steam

Honestly, FM12 is the only one I bought (I've only played FM10 and 12) so I couldn't give you a comparison.

That website was CD Wow when I bought it but it's now WOW HD so it could be better than it was.

Advertisement