Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2013 Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

TheGunns wrote: »
    If you offer them a 10% yearly wage rise theyll usually accept much lower demands, have even gotten a few to go beneath their current wage with a yearly increase.

Was looking about the SI forums last night and this seems to be a bug of some kind so itll probably be patched out soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Was looking about the SI forums last night and this seems to be a bug of some kind so itll probably be patched out soon.

hopefully, would kind of take away from the game if it doesnt get patched out. Knowing SI in the past though they sometimes tend to overpatch things, ie. contracts will be very hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭xtal191

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Sorry probably phrased it badly.
    Ya just wondering where it the best option ppl have seen so far to get a physical copy of the disk(price,delivery time) as opposed to downloading it through steam

This is the best price I've seen for the boxed version and you get a beta code too.

http://www.graingergames.co.uk/games/pc/cd10593-football-manager-2013

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

That site trusted?
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    I bought 2012 off there last year. Was waiting an extra 2-3 weeks after the release date for it to come. Nearly had murder with them!

Yeah, old CD WOW as you said. A bit worried now but i'm still playing 11 away so i'm not too worried if it'll be late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lads,

I want to get this game bad now :pac:

Where's the cheapest place online to buy it which will give a beta code too and is the downloadable version through Steam? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

SantryRed wrote: »
    Lads,

I want to get this game bad now :pac:

Where's the cheapest place online to buy it which will give a beta code too and is the downloadable version through Steam? :D
    threein99 wrote: »
    Not sure if the offer is still ongoing, but I got it off there a few weeks back using this code :

www.greenmangaming.com/
    GMGFM-C7BEY-U0PMY
    enter that code to get fm13 for 32 euro
    its a download
    I dunno if that offer is still going or if its the cheapest but you could add it to your list if so

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I dunno if that offer is still going or if its the cheapest but you could add it to your list if so

Thanks Perrin.

21% in 5 minutes. Will have it by half 11 :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Thanks Perrin.

21% in 5 minutes. Will have it by half 11 :)

B*****d :pac: , my internet isn't up to it so I have to wait for the disk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Anyone who hasn't bought it yet honestly wait until they patch it , I've stopped playing it until they do. The defence bug is ruining the whole game , no matter what you do or what team you are you'll concede goals every game from crosses to the back post , ultra defence , defence training on high , high closing down nothing works...I've conceded an average of two goals a game wath Dortmund in my first season...infuriating stuff...

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Anyone who hasn't bought it yet honestly wait until they patch it , I've stopped playing it until they do. The defence bug is ruining the whole game , no matter what you do or what team you are you'll concede goals every game from crosses to the back post , ultra defence , defence training on high , high closing down nothing works...I've conceded an average of two goals a game wath Dortmund in my first season...infuriating stuff...

Almost certain the patch has just been released, I read it somewhere to close FM and then open it and it'll patch. Not tried myself yet to check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,873 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

There was a patch this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

downloading demo now....#hon

Ugh the press conferences are the exact same since fm 2011

Just finished pre-season with Celtic and ALL FIVE of my central midfielders have long term injuries. If this game was on a disc it would be thrown out the window already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

ShaneU wrote: »
    Ugh the press conferences are the exact same since fm 2011

That's annoying. I wish they'd get rid of the "how do you think the players will handle having a female manager?" crap overtime I join a new club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

That's annoying. I wish they'd get rid of the "how do you think the players will handle having a female manager?" crap overtime I join a new club.

To be fair, it would be a pretty big deal if you were the first female manager in men's professional football. :)

To be fair, it would be a pretty big deal if you were the first female manager in men's professional football. :)

Ah yeah, it's grand the first time when you start a game but it gets annoying after that.

Ah yeah, it's grand the first time when you start a game but it gets annoying after that.

Yeah I can see how that would get annoying. It wouldn't even be hard for them to make the game remember that it has said that before and stop harassing you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Has anyone Pre-ordered this at G2play ?

Arghhh,

The game just quit out on me, sending me back a month. Absolute effort now. Always pisses me off and can put me off the game for weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Arghhh,

The game just quit out on me, sending me back a month. Absolute effort now. Always pisses me off and can put me off the game for weeks.

Change autosave to daily.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Change autosave to daily.

Waiting for it to save is a real chore, Id say weekly to fortnightly

What does everyone think of it so far? More of the same or a real improvement?

Have to say myself that I love the new feel and the interface. The whole experience just feels so much better this year than it did before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It takes a few seconds to save for me.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It takes a few seconds to save for me.

My computer is fairly shoddy so it can take up to a minute or at least thats how long it feels :rolleyes:

Waiting for it to save more often is far better than having to play a full month over again. I have mine save daily.

I have mine set to save every week and I usually save manually after tough matches. It has saved me a lot of times and I recommend it!

My laptop is decent, but because of the size of my database it can take 30 - 60 seconds to save sometimes. I just minimize and read boards for a minute. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Isn't saving daily a tad extreme? I mean it is really annoying to have to go back and play a month but i would cope having to play a few days or a week.

I don't think it is extreme. It gives me time to browse around Boards and other sites, particularly on my old laptop which was sluggish compared to my new one. It doesn't take to long to save on my new laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Has anyone noticed that when you offer a player on loan, when an offer comes in the club is automatically accepting the bid? Is there a way to stop this so I can just manually accept or decline a loan bid for my player? I've never seen it before in previous FM's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

Has anyone noticed that when you offer a player on loan, when an offer comes in the club is automatically accepting the bid? Is there a way to stop this so I can just manually accept or decline a loan bid for my player? I've never seen it before in previous FM's

Its a new feature, find the staff roles section and check to see if the director of football is in charge of findings players loan moves and uncheck the box

Advertisement