Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2013 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I am loving the director of football role. I just tell my DoF who isn't needed at the club, he'll sell him for me. I'll put players on a development list, he'll find clubs to loan them out. I'll put a player on my transfer target list and he'll deal with signing him. I can still make signings myself too. Think it's a savage feature. I'm going to need it when my 17 players go back from their loan deals with Watford :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Been a few years since i've purchased the game, but going to get FM 2013.

Is it best to buy and download from Steam
    or
    buy in shop and then activate the code via Steam ?

Or does it make no difference ? :confused:

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Slattsy wrote: »
    Been a few years since i've purchased the game, but going to get FM 2013.

Is it best to buy and download from Steam
    or
    buy in shop and then activate the code via Steam ?

Or does it make no difference ? :confused:

thanks

Buy it online. You'll get a code, then download it through steam. Cheapest way by a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

SantryRed wrote: »
    Buy it online. You'll get a code, then download it through steam. Cheapest way by a mile.

Tis 50 squid on Steam, same as Gamestop etc.
    It makes no odds really what way i do it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,916 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's £30 on Amazon.

It's €44 with free delivery on play.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Slattsy wrote: »
    Tis 50 squid on Steam, same as Gamestop etc.
    It makes no odds really what way i do it ?

Amazon is 29.99 pounds which I think is cheaper and its a boxed copy. You get a steam code no matter which way you buy it. The game is only steam activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

kojack wrote: »
    Its a new feature, find the staff roles section and check to see if the director of football is in charge of findings players loan moves and uncheck the box

I've checked and I pretty much control all aspect of transfers. I've noticed that when a player gets an offer from one club I can accept or decline but when multiple clubs offer at the same time then they are automatically accepted... Any other ideas??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I've checked and I pretty much control all aspect of transfers. I've noticed that when a player gets an offer from one club I can accept or decline but when multiple clubs offer at the same time then they are automatically accepted... Any other ideas??:confused:

Might be different for 13, but in 12 you could set individual options for each player, such as accept all loan offers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

I tried it there again. I offered a player and 4 clubs came in with offers. I could accept/decline each one.. I might have offered a player for youth development and that could have done it as I don't control that. Not sure. Theres always something with FM :p

Cheers for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I got this yesterday and it's the most fun I've had with FM in years. I had 2012 and didn't get much out of it for some reason but this has just clicked with me completely (probably because I got off to a good start with the season.)

One thing that I did notice (and it might be an extant bug) is that in a few games I've let in goals and scored goals from really tight angles where the keeper bungles the ball in. I don't think the shot was even meant to be a shot but just a bad cross. I'm playing in the lower leagues so it's entirely possible it's just bad crosses, bad goalkeepers and bad luck. I thought I read a bug about players taking really tight angle shots, but that was supposedly patched out before I even had the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

TheGunns wrote: »
    Amazon is 29.99 pounds which I think is cheaper and its a boxed copy. You get a steam code no matter which way you buy it. The game is only steam activated.

Smyths have it for €40

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    Smyths have it for €40

G2PLAY have it for €37

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

£23 (€28.50) http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Football-Manager-2013-3532-42.html

You get a steam code instantly, it will be under "multiplayer key" or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

ShaneU wrote: »
    £23 (€28.50) http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Football-Manager-2013-3532-42.html

You get a steam code instantly, it will be under "multiplayer key" or something like that.

Have you used these ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

blobby360 wrote: »

Have you used these ?
    yes many times

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

ShaneU wrote: »

Good spot just bought from here.
    Installing now. cmon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Ugh. I wish i had some way of getting this game online. Up to 6 months now in the demo and have to wait til Friday to continue :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Has anyone's copy been dispatched yet? Usually they'd send them a few days prior to release but mine hasn't yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Really hoping my *copy of the game arrives today

*free:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So i bought this today, and it still says beta when i launch it. If i start a game today, will it still be playable tomorrow or will there be a wipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Kiith wrote: »
    So i bought this today, and it still says beta when i launch it. If i start a game today, will it still be playable tomorrow or will there be a wipe?

Beta can be upgraded to the full version when it launches, and your save game will not be affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭yoursaviour1989

Is it worth waiting until tomorrow to buy the disk or should I download today?
    If so where from? Getting itchy fingers here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Any one have a idea on the price from HMV. Ive a voucher for there so was going to use it for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Any one have a idea on the price from HMV. Ive a voucher for there so was going to use it for this.

37.99 in HMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

Good spot just bought from here.
    Installing now. cmon

How long does it take to get the code from there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

xtal191 wrote: »

How long does it take to get the code from there?

Where is the cheatest place to download the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

Where is the cheatest place to download the game?

Looks like here

http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Football-Manager-2013-3532-42.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

So is the game any good? Haven't played the demo yet. Any big improvements worth noting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bar them saying before Christmas, is there any more info on the handheld edition. Itching for a new game, only have tablet.

Advertisement