Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2013 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭socco

I'm getting the following error when I try to start up stream. Has any one encountered this before?

stream can not open crashhandler.dll

I downloaded stream again and tried to repair / uninstall/re install stream but get the following when it reaches 99%

error 1316: network error occurred when trying to read from the file C Users User Downloads StreamInstall_English.msi

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

socco wrote: »
    I'm getting the following error when I try to start up stream. Has any one encountered this before?

I downloaded stream again and tried to repair / uninstall/re install stream but get the following when it reaches 99%

error 1316: network error occurred when trying to read from the file C Users User Downloads StreamInstall_English.msi

Ask on the sports interactive forum http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/295-Crashes-and-Technical-Issues

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

socco wrote: »

Did you get the installer from steam's website? If not, download it from there only. I've seen a lot of dodgy installers elsewhere that had malware on it. Check if any search plugins have been added to your browser.

If you did get it from steam, could be an incomplete download, try downloading from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

xtal191 wrote: »
    How long does it take to get the code from there?

the code arrives striaght away

flyswatter wrote: »
    So is the game any good? Haven't played the demo yet. Any big improvements worth noting?

I havent had much time with it yet (will this weekend) but they have revamped the whole look of the game.

They have made big changes in the managment of the club, you can now assign staffo handle youth contracts and even the scouting and signing of youth contracts or indeed the first team if you want to just relegate yourself to being nothing more than a coach.

At the minute Im playing around with the director of football where i just find players and then add them to a wanted list and he tries tio sign them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Running a sign up for FM13...

Full post here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056795003

If your interested post it in there...

Cheers

P.S
    Happy Football Manager Day

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Might pick it up after work if I've time, if not I'll get it tomorrow, in the mean time, anyone buying it in a shop can ya let us know how much you paid.

My broadband has been acting up lately and buying online could be a nightmare. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭socco

Did you get the installer from steam's website? If not, download it from there only. I've seen a lot of dodgy installers elsewhere that had malware on it. Check if any search plugins have been added to your browser.

If you did get it from steam, could be an incomplete download, try downloading from them again.

I had stream installed before and it and FM2013 had been working for a few weeks. Its just not working now since that error :/ I downloaded nothing different between then but stream was updating at the time.

I did a complete uninstall and re install again and will recheck tonight when I get home. Hopefully its fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

38e in hmv
    45e in gamestop

I've a 30 squid voucher for gamestop. Will wait till next week to buy as I'm away this weekend so I'd only be annoying myself if I bought it today lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Can't get this to boot at all :(

Have uninstalled/re-installed everything (Steam and the game) 3/4 times now and nothing. I think I had this problem with FM12 but can't for the life of me remember how I fixed it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Could the article here be of any use to ye?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1364-FCNM-3017

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

How do I get the director of football to sell players I dont want? I have added them to the unwanted list, given him the job of selling first team players, but he never starts doing it same thing is happening for development list and transfer targets

Running it on a mac :( (there's my problem :pac:)

But there doesn't seem to be a problem with my files :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Green man gaming are offering 30% off for the next week:

https://twitter.com/GreenManGaming/status/264344758024011776
    35% off Football Manager 2013 - Copy and paste code: GMGFM-35OFF-SCORE when you order #FM13 #BackoftheNet http://bit.ly/QaQl7P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

33 euro on Zavvi, postage is very cheap, talking around a euro, delivery isn't the fastest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

ShaneU wrote: »
    £23 (€28.50) http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Football-Manager-2013-3532-42.html

You get a steam code instantly, it will be under "multiplayer key" or something like that.

Cheers for that, downloaded it last night, works perfectly.

Loving it so far :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can someone recommend a half decent league 1 side that have a bit of money at the start? I'm not talking millions, just a few thousand/hundreds of thousands. Want to start in a lower league, but get annoyed with not having any money to spend (which i'm sure annoys them as well :pac:).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Kiith wrote: »
    Can someone recommend a half decent league 1 side that have a bit of money at the start? I'm not talking millions, just a few thousand/hundreds of thousands. Want to start in a lower league, but get annoyed with not having any money to spend (which i'm sure annoys them as well :pac:).

Crawley, I'd imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Crawley, I'd imagine!

Seconded. Took over Crawley in FM12, still managing them now in 2027 and I've had a great time with them. They're not rolling in it by any stretch, and you won't have much of a transfer budget, but they're in good enough shape that you can really build them up.

I say that as a man who is in the middle of (hopefully) taking them to their fourth premiership title.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Do you have to use steam each time you want to play the Game. Bought a hard copy today .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Do you have to use steam each time you want to play the Game. Bought a hard copy today .

Yeah but you don't even notice it like, and you don't have to be online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Yeah but you don't even notice it like, and you don't have to be online.
    Cheers chief.

Pity that classic mode only allows you 3 nations to manage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Is anyone else having an unbelievable amount of goalkeeper own goals or is it just me? Almunia must have about 6 or 7 in 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

SantryRed wrote: »
    Is anyone else having an unbelievable amount of goalkeeper own goals or is it just me? Almunia must have about 6 or 7 in 18 months.

There's your problem :D

Full release version now updating from steam.

I had barely started a game, where there any noticeable bugs in the beta?

Is it worth me restarting a new game seeing as havent put any time into a save yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,916 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Running it on a mac :( (there's my problem :pac:)

But there doesn't seem to be a problem with my files :/

What's the spec of your mac?

I had issues running FM12 on my MacBook last year until SI did a patch for it.

It works fine on my MacBook Pro and FM13 probably would too.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    What's the spec of your mac?

I had issues running FM12 on my MacBook last year until SI did a patch for it.

It works fine on my MacBook Pro and FM13 probably would too.

ac1c653ef41d7a9235eb347abc66e03b.png?1351876042

What confuses me more, was that all previous years ran smoothly for me up until I uninstalled FM12 some stage last year. I had booting issues then, but that was fixed by verifying the cache.

Tried absolutely everything I can find, and everything SI support suggested. Still no luck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,916 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Are you getting an error?

My issue last year was graphics related. You running 10.6?

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Are you getting an error?

My issue last year was graphics related. You running 10.6?

Not getting any errors. When I click 'play' or my shortcut, it attempts to open the programme for a split second then stops.

Not running 10.6 no. Am running 10.5.8. Could that be the issue you think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Not getting any errors. When I click 'play' or my shortcut, it attempts to open the programme for a split second then stops.

Not running 10.6 no. Am running 10.5.8. Could that be the issue you think?

You need OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) 10.7.x (Lion) 10.8.x (Mountain Lion) or higher according to the official requirements.

Advertisement