Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 14) June 21-23 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

stovelid wrote: »
    They said it was 1800 or 1900. Looked like youse had about 6-700 from where I was. I'm open to correction.
    No, CSF is right - there were about 850-950 Shels tonight (same method: comparing it to matches against the likes of Salthill or Mervue last summer when there were 650-700).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

That was floodlit robbery. The few bored junkies that ambled along got their monies worth. The srfcu display falling to pieces when they tried to use it was gas - I've never seen lads so sad to be using pryo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

About 1100 Rovers fans I'd say. Cracking win.

Gifted the win with two deflections, first off Paisley I think, Twigg's looked onside to me as I was in line with it. About time there were some shots at goal instead of passing it around in the middle. Maybe if McCabe plays in the middle with a winger outside him, he'd be that good regularly.

Turner very poor, Gilbert was a walking red card. Even though McCormack is a poor right back, he was solid by comparison.

Hughes was excellent against Oman. Jansson was excellent given the conditions and having Gartland and Gilbert in front of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Leagues are won by playing the best centre midfielder in the league at right back......wtf rovers????

uhh can we have him? decent cover for chambers.

He started in the middle recently and tonight. Presumably Sullivan isn't fit yet and Rice was suspended, so McCormack fills in when Gilbert was whipped off and against ten men, that was fine. UCD's wingers tore him apart though.

Awful lunge for the red card, there was no danger to go jumping in like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

stovelid wrote: »
    Nearly home. Great game for neutrals. I'm soaked to the skin. Result flattered us but f+ck it. We must have brought 1200 or 1300. Lovely touch by the BD making a banner for Joe. Fair play.

Excellent game, pity the pitch was so slippy, players didn't seem to handle it 100%. Result definitely flattered yous, just a pity Murphy lunged in like a tool to get sent off.

The banner was by one of the younger BD lads which shows the respect out there for him, LoI fans are hard to come by, LoI who mean so much to a club are even harder to find.

And on another note, a perfectly observed minute slience before the match for James Nolan, I'd say a dropped pin would have been heard in Tolka during it.
    dfx- wrote: »
    About 1100 Rovers fans I'd say. Cracking win.

Gifted the win with two deflections, first off Paisley I think, Twigg's looked onside to me as I was in line with it. About time there were some shots at goal instead of passing it around in the middle. Maybe if McCabe plays in the middle with a winger outside him, he'd be that good regularly.

Turner very poor, Gilbert was a walking red card. Even though McCormack is a poor right back, he was solid by comparison.

Hughes was excellent against Oman. Jansson was excellent given the conditions and having Gartland and Gilbert in front of him.

Attendance was 1889, I'd go with 1100 Rovers myself too, the weather and Thursday night really killed what could have been a huge attendance by our standards.

Gilbert is muck, really was sick when he got subbed, he was an acident waiting to happen be it a red card or costing a goal. Jansson looked dodgy imo, the Shels lads knew he is weak hence the long range shots (can't rememeber as many long range shots by us in years). Oman seemed to gick himself anytime Hughes got near him, and it was proved when Hughes danced around 3/4 of them in the Rovers box before slotting home our 2nd goal.
    dfx- wrote: »

Awful lunge for the red card, there was no danger to go jumping in like that.

Stupid tackle, especially with the slippy ground, I was right in line with it in the New Stand and it was 99% a red card.

James Chambers, Sean Dillon, Damien Brendan, Dave McGill, Keith Buckley, Paul Doolin and probably more in attendance at Tolka btw. People say that players don't show loyalty to clubs in LoI, this proves them wrong tbh (yes I know Bucko never played for Shels but he's a Shels fan and came straight from training by the looks of it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

James Chambers, Sean Dillon, Damien Brendan, Dave McGill, Keith Buckley, Paul Doolin and probably more in attendance at Tolka btw. People say that players don't show loyalty to clubs in LoI, this proves it right tbh (yes I know Bucko never played for Shels but he's a Shels fan and came straight from training by the looks of it).

Do you not mean wrong?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Do you not mean wrong?

On the ball...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

James Chambers, Sean Dillon, Damien Brendan, Dave McGill, Keith Buckley, Paul Doolin and probably more in attendance at Tolka btw. People say that players don't show loyalty to clubs in LoI, this proves them wrong tbh (yes I know Bucko never played for Shels but he's a Shels fan and came straight from training by the looks of it).
    David McAllister too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Was cracking game for neutral last night. Imo I felt Shels shaded it considering they were down to 10 men.

atmosphere was very good. McCabe was excellent i felt.

Overall im glad to have went along seeing as the highlights of Portugal/Czech game was not great and better atmosphere at Tolka too by looks of things.

Now for real big game at Cross tonight;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Chambers was up at the Rovers and Malmo game as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Leagues are won by playing the best centre midfielder in the league at right back......wtf rovers????

uhh can we have him? decent cover for chambers.

Sullivan can't register until July 1st and Sean Gannon had a knock. Gilbert was on a yellow and looking likely to cop another so it was the right thing to do in the circumstances.

Better player than chambers albeit not a goalscorer.

Jansen played well I thought. The problem is the centre halves in front of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Why can Sullivan not register until July? Can free agents (which I'm presuming he was) still only sign during the windows? Or can they sign anytime but only register when the league allow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Should replace Shamrock Rovers' name in the table with Gary Twigg at this stage.

Class from Shels with the banner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Looks like the rain is easing off anyway, so looking forward to getting to Belfield tonight. Hopefully they(UCD) can get the win, they don't deserve to be bottom.

Also, extratime have an android app if anyone doesnt know about it already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mushy wrote: »
    Also, extratime have an android app if anyone doesnt know about it already.

which can't be moved to the SD card, which is very annoying, until it can be, I won't be using it.

Soccer Livescores does me anyway.

Des wrote: »
    which can't be moved to the SD card, which is very annoying, until it can be, I won't be using it.

Soccer Livescores does me anyway.

Ah I'm not that techie, so I have feck all apps clogging up the phone. Livescore is always a few minutes behind for me, so prefer extratime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

CSF wrote: »
    David McAllister too
    Saw nutsy and giller too. Not together mind. Giller throwing insults at the lino for a string of ridiculous descisions made me smile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Was cracking game for neutral last night. Imo I felt Shels shaded it considering they were down to 10 men.

atmosphere was very good. McCabe was excellent i felt.

Overall im glad to have went along seeing as the highlights of Portugal/Czech game was not great and better atmosphere at Tolka too by looks of things.

Now for real big game at Cross tonight;)

And you're right to be glad. I stayed in to watch that sh!te. Meanwhile, the updates were coming in on the match in Tolka and was raging i didn't go.

Still though, i'll take consolation in the fact i didn't give Shels any money! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

monkey9 wrote: »
    And you're right to be glad. I stayed in to watch that sh!te. Meanwhile, the updates were coming in on the match in Tolka and was raging i didn't go.

Still though, i'll take consolation in the fact i didn't give Shels any money! :)

Fook you. Was gonna go and watch Pats v Bohs but not now...............You can fold now on the back of losing out on my 15 blips :D

CSF wrote: »
    Rovers support was probably the best to come to Tolka so far both in terms of numbers and atmosphere.

For me, there's no better away stand in terms of atmosphere for Rovers than the Riverside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Sick in bed.

Will be tuned to extratime.ie for updates from the Cross.

Confident we will get the win.

monkey9 wrote: »

And I was stuck in poxy work.

Watching the Euro game on my phone.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,083 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Great start to the game for us tonight away to Cork.

2 up.

Read on shelsweb that there are a few anti-Delaney and anti-Fai banners around the grounds tonight. Pats and Cork being two mentioned.

AwA-hMICEAE49v5.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

dan1895 wrote: »
    Read on shelsweb that there are a few anti-Delaney and anti-Fai banners around the grounds tonight. Pats and Cork being two mentioned.
    More fines to pay Delaney's wages on the way no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Deserved comeback according to texts from the Cross.

Run of form continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Sick. :(

209960.jpg

:cool:

• Advertisement

Another entertaining game tonight, for a bit i thought we were going to get another draw. But fcuking last minute winners are deadly :D

Bohs played well but once they scored they tried to see out the game ultimatley that cost. We just kept pluggin away but the inroduction of the now super slim Chambers :eek: changed the game. hes was awesome.

Live football is deadly :D

Bohs banner
    600724_3348082625223_132983831_n.jpg

"irish footballs problems, cant be sung away"

didnt have FAI in it so no fine for them, economical banner making :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Another entertaining game tonight, for a bit i thought we were going to get another draw. But fcuking last minute winners are deadly :D

Bohs played well but once they scored they tried to see out the game ultimatley that cost. We just kept pluggin away but the inroduction of the now super slim Chambers :eek: changed the game. hes was awesome.

Bohs banner

"irish footballs problems, cant be sung away"

didnt have FAI in it so no fine for them, economical banner making :p

I think it would be harsh if Pats got fined for their banner as it didn't say "FAI" it said "failure" and everyone knows,

you can't spell failure without FAI

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Christ the referee in the UCD - Dundalk game was an absolute disgrace. He seemed determined to not give any cards in the first half despite several pretty nasty challenges from Dundalk players. He just gave each player a "talking to". Then in the second half, Dundalk knew they could get away (in a sense) with these challenges and this resulted in Morrison needing to helped off the pitch. Dundalk could have easily finished with 9 men.

As for the game, seemed like the three week break was the worst thing that could have happened to us. This two week break probably will be just as bad. The wind was ridiculous. Made the game dire to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Cracking win for Pats. Delighted. Love to be there tonight!

Cracking win for Pats. Delighted. Love to be there tonight!

part timer!!!

****e crowd, reckon 400 bohs maybe 1000 pats and im being generous here.

best fans in the world..............

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Didn't deserve anything from the match but horrible to lose like that.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

Delighted with the comeback tonight!!!! Oh and fúck you UCD, let me down on accumulator :pac:

Not bad game at Cross tonight, but would have been nice to convert some of these decent performances into 3 points.

Think though on this occasion I be happy cause I felt Derry were better side.

Best player for CC was Duggan imo. Turner was well ****.

That ref tonight was joke btw. The overall standard is actually gone beyond a joke at this stage.

Decent enough crowd too 2500 thereabouts I reckon.

• Advertisement

Didn't deserve anything from the match but horrible to lose like that.

Blame your fans for messing with the ball, it cost you in the end considering we scored in the 94th minute :D

Kinda wanted that retard who went on the pitch to get to the shed and get the living **** beat out of him, fcuking retard.

On the bright side, dragged 2 friends along for the match and they seemed to really enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Great comeback against Derry, but red card definitely changed the game. Didnt have a good view of it, so will have to wait until MNS. I will say Greachen is a headcase at times, had a horrible tackle on Horgan in first half. I have to say we didn't look great until the red card, and then Derry collapsed. Nearly won it in the end. Turner played very well for an hour, was our only player who did anything, and then he went back to his old headless ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Yessssssssss!!!!!!! Woohoooo!!! That was brilliant. You gotta love those injury time winners! Both Dean Kelly and James Chambers were quality when they came on and Russell and Bolger in the midfield were quality. Kenny Browne, once again, was like a rock in defence. I just can't believe he was playing first division football last season. He's a beast of a defender.

It was the usual from Pat's tonight. Plenty of possession, but without really giving the opposing keeper a decent workout. Completely deserved to win at the end once we broke through. An important three points.

Funniest moment of the night were the three Bohs fans at the burger stand trying to organise a fight with Pat's fans after the game. They were about thirteen, asking Pat's fans for their mobile number to organise a meet up. Everybody was laughing at them, but they genuinely thought they were something out of Green St. It was hilarious! :)

Corholio wrote: »
    Great comeback against Derry, but red card definitely changed the game. Didnt have a good view of it, so will have to wait until MNS. I will say Greachen is a headcase at times, had a horrible tackle on Horgan in first half. I have to say we didn't look great until the red card, and then Derry collapsed. Nearly won it in the end. Turner played very well for an hour, was our only player who did anything, and then he went back to his old headless ways.

Personally I felt he was awful throughout. Got into great positions, but wasted ball time after time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Personally I felt he was awful throughout. Got into great positions, but wasted ball time after time.

Made 2 fantastic runs in first half and put in a few good crosses. Im actually not a fan of him at all, but he was miles better than any of our players in the first half, went past Derry left back quite a few times. Was much worse players out there tonight.

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    Made 2 fantastic runs in first half and put in a few good crosses. Im actually not a fan of him at all, but he was miles better than any of our players in the first half, went past Derry left back quite a few times. Was much worse players out there tonight.

This is why football is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,083 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Gutted we threw away the 3pts at Cork tonight.

We have been very indisciplined with cards this year, and its costing us. Although I did hear on commentary that the 2nd was a poor decision, and the Cork player dived when not touched. I hate that if it gets a man sent off.

How many red card given this season? 5 in this round between the 2 divisions.

How many red card given this season? 5 in this round between the 2 divisions.

17 in the 1st series, they seem to be lenient now or you would have 8 men.

Christ the referee in the UCD - Dundalk game was an absolute disgrace. He seemed determined to not give any cards in the first half despite several pretty nasty challenges from Dundalk players. He just gave each player a "talking to". Then in the second half, Dundalk knew they could get away (in a sense) with these challenges and this resulted in Morrison needing to helped off the pitch. Dundalk could have easily finished with 9 men.

As for the game, seemed like the three week break was the worst thing that could have happened to us. This two week break probably will be just as bad. The wind was ridiculous. Made the game dire to watch.

So many filthy, niggly tackles from the Dundalk players. Definitely should've been more yellows handed out, especially in the first half. Problem would've been stamped out immediately. As for the linesman with the offside soon enough after Dundalk goal...shambolic in the biggest way. He was at least 5 yards onside...minimum.

UCD weren't at the races at all, but thoroughly deserved to win. Dundalk were the worst team I've seen attempt to play football in a long time, UCD just couldn't take advantage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement