Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 14) June 21-23 2012

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mushy wrote: »
    So many filthy, niggly tackles from the Dundalk players. Definitely should've been more yellows handed out, especially in the first half. Problem would've been stamped out immediately. As for the linesman with the offside soon enough after Dundalk goal...shambolic in the biggest way. He was at least 5 yards onside...minimum.

UCD weren't at the races at all, but thoroughly deserved to win. Dundalk were the worst team I've seen attempt to play football in a long time, UCD just couldn't take advantage.

I honestly think Dundalk are awful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

monkey9 wrote: »

Their goal tonight was so far against the run of play it was ridiculous. The fact they had 1/2 chances in the second half was shocking.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

So many filthy, niggly tackles from the Dundalk players. Definitely should've been more yellows handed out, especially in the first half. Problem would've been stamped out immediately. As for the linesman with the offside soon enough after Dundalk goal...shambolic in the biggest way. He was at least 5 yards onside...minimum.

UCD weren't at the races at all, but thoroughly deserved to win. Dundalk were the worst team I've seen attempt to play football in a long time, UCD just couldn't take advantage.
    Christ I forgot about that offside. What he was thinking I've no idea.
    Even in the second half, the referee seemed reluctant to hand out cards. Dundalk's number 4 got the first yellow of the game for taking down Paul O' Connor (which I thought should have been a red) then took down Chris Lyons from behind on the edge of the box later on and remarkably failed to get a second yellow. Unsurprisingly he was replaced fairly sharpish.

Dundalk were pretty shocking alright. I think if we had played this game before the 3 week break, we could have destroyed them. The pitch didn't look in great nick after all the rain either which didn't help the passing game.
    It was depressing that the crowd halved after all the parents and kids from the half time game left :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

AwEGYE8CEAAUJYG.jpg

Derry banner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Another great win for Drogs , 3 1 flattered us but i will take it . Keeps us on the same points as rovers and one point behind Pats ! But you wouldn't know that if you read any of the LOI coverage in the media FFS . Dundalk in the League cup on mon ..Bring it on ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

550911_484492941576184_1291041598_n.jpg

Oh and Bohs dont do tap ins:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

dreamers75 wrote: »

There's a fine for any player that scores inside the box.

Christ I forgot about that offside. What he was thinking I've no idea.
    Even in the second half, the referee seemed reluctant to hand out cards. Dundalk's number 4 got the first yellow of the game for taking down Paul O' Connor (which I thought should have been a red) then took down Chris Lyons from behind on the edge of the box later on and remarkably failed to get a second yellow. Unsurprisingly he was replaced fairly sharpish.

Dundalk were pretty shocking alright. I think if we had played this game before the 3 week break, we could have destroyed them. The pitch didn't look in great nick after all the rain either which didn't help the passing game.
    It was depressing that the crowd halved after all the parents and kids from the half time game left :(

Ah I moved down to the far end for the second half, it wasn't a red, but easily a yellow, which should've been a second. Yeah he should've walked, sure he was clean through albeit coming from an angle. Shambolic refereeing all round. couldn't criticise in the second half cos the FAI lad was behind us so anything said would prob result in a fine.

Could've won the game by 3/4 if was pre-break. Didn't notice they left, I moved from one end to the other. Where abouts were you sitting? I'm normally in back row at uncovered section.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Yeah haha. I think of the 9 goals nominated for last months goal of the month 4 were from us! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Dundalk in the League cup on mon ..Bring it on ....

I'm assuming Drogheda will start their strongest XI what with it being a cup semi-final?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Ah I moved down to the far end for the second half, it wasn't a red, but easily a yellow, which should've been a second. Yeah he should've walked, sure he was clean through albeit coming from an angle. Shambolic refereeing all round. couldn't criticise in the second half cos the FAI lad was behind us so anything said would prob result in a fine.

Could've won the game by 3/4 if was pre-break. Didn't notice they left, I moved from one end to the other. Where abouts were you sitting? I'm normally in back row at uncovered section.
    I'm usually to the right of the covered stand.

Yeah thats where I normally am, standing at the back like some hudlums. Come join us next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

BKC wrote: »
    I'm assuming Drogheda will start their strongest XI what with it being a cup semi-final?

Quarter final?

bohsman wrote: »
    There's a fine for any player that scores inside the box.
    Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Yeah haha. I think of the 9 goals nominated for last months goal of the month 4 were from us! :D

Pats fans moaning Clarke should have had a hat on and hes rubbish, i was in the Gantry and he was getting nowhere near that.

246445_3638716000018_1199408827_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

181384_407075542676756_1488113387_n.jpg

598633_407076309343346_497019383_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

BKC wrote: »

Mick Cooke said he is going to make changes, so I wouldn't be expecting the strongest XI.

No idea why the bohs goal isnt up yet. I like Fagans lack of celebration even if he sort of did with the 94th minute winner, shows a bit of respect imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

No idea why the bohs goal isnt up yet.

Was under the impression clubs weren't allowed to publish their own highlights until MNS showed them :confused:

Saints TV probably in breach of that, so expect a fine tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Great performance on Thursday from the Reds.

Hopefully that sort of performance, without the stupid red picked up, is what we'll see for the rest of the season.

Shamrock got away with, but will have to do a lot better against the top sides.

Looking forward to seeing HEWHW's goal tonight. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Great performance on Thursday from the Reds.

Hopefully that sort of performance, without the stupid red picked up, is what we'll see for the rest of the season.

Shamrock got away with, but will have to do a lot better against the top sides.

Looking forward to seeing HEWHW's goal tonight. :cool:

He doesn't sweat much for a fat lad.

Enjoyed that :)

Decent game made entertaining with some horrendous passing from both sides, mostly rovers. and some tasty tackles mostly from Rovers. Rovers looked well up for it, Tallaght should be interesting. We moved the ball around very well and opened them up a few times.

Penos are great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Ahhh live football. I have missed you, my love.

North still banging them in and Cretaro showed he can as well. Good win.

McGuinness going off was a bit concerning, but he was suspended for Friday anyway so hopefully he wont be out too long after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

That's some result for Sligo tonight.

4-0

That Derry team is decent.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

There's not much better domestic feeling for me than Rovers winning in Inchicore beit FAI Cup, league, League Cup, LSC, ludo etc. Always very sweet. :)

Hancock needs to be shown how to play advantage and the benefits to the game of letting quick free-kicks be taken. Along with every law of the game. His whistle will be ringing in the ears tomorrow of all who attended. It is a miracle no-one was sent off.

Pieterse was excellent, Gilbert had Forrester in his pocket, Sives was showing form.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Enjoyed that :)

Decent game made entertaining with some horrendous passing from both sides, mostly rovers. and some tasty tackles mostly from Rovers. Rovers looked well up for it, Tallaght should be interesting. We moved the ball around very well and opened them up a few time

Penos are great

Pats supporters think It's the best season ever; we think It's the worst ever and there is only a point between us.

We're all getting carried away I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Dundalk were the worst team I've seen attempt to play football in a long time, UCD just couldn't take advantage.
    monkey9 wrote: »

We are as bad as anything I've seen when we were at our lowest point in the first division. McCaffrey is clueless. The players he has signed are worse than players that we had playing for free in our u18s/19s teams. We are lucky that the quality of the whole league is down as well as Monaghan's implosion or Dundalk would be in a whole lot more trouble than we already are.
    To top it off fans are being asked for a €200 donation to pay players wages, the same players that are earning a combined €6300 a week for being the worst squad of players assembled in Dundalk in about a decade.

Must be horrible to watch them all the time. Were you at the match last Friday? Only 158 at it, was tedious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Must be horrible to watch them all the time. Were you at the match last Friday? Only 158 at it, was tedious.

Didn't make it, was only back from the Euros that evening and a girl from my office was leaving so had to go there.

We are very poor. It's unfair on the players as they are clearly not good enough and are getting unfair criticism. The only silver lining is we have a few quality players coming through and they'll still be around after McCaffrey is just a horrible memory.

dfx- wrote: »

Pieterse was excellent, Gilbert had Forrester in his pocket, Sives was showing form.

Forrester played for less than an hour :confused: Gilbert? O Connor was going past him like he wasnt there. Fair few of the mental dives your keeper made were for shots that were going miles wide :confused:

Same game different opinions :p

stovelid wrote: »
    Pats supporters think It's the best season ever; we think It's the worst ever and there is only a point between us.

We're all getting carried away I think.

For a few minutes last night you passed the ball around, we get to see that every week from every team. But then you started "clipping" it forward but for a while in the 2nd half you looked decent.

We allow teams to pass it so combined with our play, every game looks decent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement