Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitched Tiled roof support

• 20-06-2012 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi, We have a single story rear kitchen extension. It was a self build built approx 20 years ago by previous owners. It was not the best build and had a flat roof with tar and felt (Typical of that time). 2 years ago we put on a pitched tiled roof over the flat roof. My question is could there be an issue with the extra weight from the tiled roof on the kitchen walls. I am not sure what the original foundation was like on this extension? Also I am seeing a lot of the plasterboard joints from the kitchen ceiling crack but I believe this to be from the joints themselves. Any words of wisdom appreciated..

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cpbobo

Do these guys have a forum to ask such questions?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

cpbobo wrote: »
    Do these guys have a forum to ask such questions?
    no there not like us, they dont work for free (jokes aside- IMO you need someone on-site to assess this)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cpbobo

If there was some structural issues, what signs should I be looking out for 2 years later? Could the cracked plaster board in the ceiling be manifested from the new roof even through it is pitched and does not bear down directly on the ceiling?

Advertisement