Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Kennel - swords or surrounding

Options
  • 20-06-2012 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi,

We're going on holidays in July for one week and have an 11 month old chocolate labrador. Can anyone recommend a good, reliable dog kennels in or around the swords area? We want her to get plenty of exercise - don't mind her being let run around with the other dogs, actually prefer this to just on the lead walks. We want somewhere clean & friendly and preferable run by doggy lovers...:-)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

Rosettes at Blakes cross in lusk. I couldnt recommend them enough. They really look after my Boxer when he goes in and he always comes home knackered.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

Not exactly Swords...but not too far bellewstownkennels.com

I've been using them to mind my two Akitas for years now, I couldn't recommend them enough. The dogs are never nervous or scared being dropped off, they actually get excited when they see the staff.

Other kennels we tried were always weary because they were Akitas, but this place had no such issues.

Superb setup with huge run areas, heated kennels and separate areas for pups and nervous/barking dogs that keeps anxiety among the dogs to a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 keith4594

We dropped our dog of to a lovely family whos card we got I the vets in swords
    She lives in lusk but it's really worth it the dogs get great runs and sleep in her kitchen with her other dogs she has huge fields out her back whee she les them run she also takes them too the beech a lot.
    We left our dogs In another place a whoe back and the dog was just left in a concrete block cage was horrible. We found her then and it was great left our dog with her for 3 weeks she even sent us photos while we where away on holidays

A little bit of TLC

PM me if you want her details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Do Lissenhall vets in Swords still offer boarding kennels ?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭happyclapper

Delancey wrote: »
    Do Lissenhall vets in Swords still offer boarding kennels ?

Nearly positive they do. Very handy from the airport too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Meow_35

Hi

Thanks for all the recommendations. We actually used a girl for one weekend to watch our dog and we've managed to book her again for our holiday in July. Dublin pet services is the name of the group, very good and she was well looked after. We weren't sure if she would be able to do the week we're away which is why I was trying to find an alternative. If anyone is ever stuck, she's very good....has a large property near the airport and dogs aren't caged up at all, they're let round around, lots of freedom and she charges by the day, regardless of what time you pick them up which I was pretty impressed with.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Lissenhall don't walk the dogs : at all. Thou I found the runs to be spotless when I "spot -checked " them. But do you really want your pet not walked for the duration of your holiday.

Bests are a nightmareTo deal with & as likely to cancel your booking at the last moment as they did to me; the night before I flew out to America because I " dared" to ask how many dogs were in & what the dog to minder ratio is. This from the place that does not let people innate see the inside of the kennels & will not allow you to schedule a viewing appointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Lissenhall don't walk the dogs : at all. Thou I found the runs to be spotless when I "spot -checked " them. But do you really want your pet not walked for the duration of your holiday.

Bests are a nightmareTo deal with & as likely to cancel your booking at the last moment as they did to me; the night before I flew out to America because I " dared" to ask how many dogs were in & what the dog to minder ratio is. This from the place that does not let people innate see the inside of the kennels & will not allow you to schedule a viewing appointment.

The lack of transparency would be worrying , one couldn't help but ask '' what are they hiding ? ''

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Davy1020

The lack of transparency would be worrying , one couldn't help but ask '' what are they hiding ? ''

It's worrying the amount of bad things I have heard about Lissenhall recently. I been looking for a suitable place to leave my dog while I go on holiday and most people have told me to avoid Lissenhall as they don't walk the dogs or allow to view the kennel your dog will be put in for their stay. How can a facility with is run by trained vets not arrange for the dog to be walked daily?Shocking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Davy1020 wrote: »

It's worrying the amount of bad things I have heard about Lissenhall recently. I been looking for a suitable place to leave my dog while I go on holiday and most people have told me to avoid Lissenhall as they don't walk the dogs or allow to view the kennel your dog will be put in for their stay. How can a facility with is run by trained vets not arrange for the dog to be walked daily?Shocking!!

I have never been to lissenhall kennels but for what it is worth a very good dog rescue boards their dogs there before they leave for uk and has nothing but good things to say about them. Now granted the dogs are after getting neutered so probably best not to walk them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭jessiesmom

hi there we used to leave ours in all paws in walshestown near the apple green off the balbriggan exit but it cost too much for 2 dogs 38 euro for 2 for 1 day compare that for a free child place on hols and it all adds up , however we found a lovely lady last year called nora casey and she runs www.dontfretaboutyourpet.com and she came to my house for 2 half hours walks every day, collected my post , feed the dogs and check all is well for 15 euro for our 2 dogs per day, it worked out brilliant, the dogs didnt change their envoirment and were very happy, plenty of walks plus security for us also , i cant reccommend her highly enough, she was great ,

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maalummoja

They sure do and as they are vets its another bonus or comfort

Advertisement