Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back garden disturbed yesterday afternoon, any ideas?

Options
  • 20-06-2012 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi all

Strange question here - I came home yesterday to find my back garden looked like it had a trespasser in it. Some socks on the washing line had been scattered about the garden, a pot had been knocked over, and bits of bark mulch were scattered diffusely all over the grass. The weirdest thing was, a rug which was hanging on the washing line was taken, and I woke up to find it located on a neighbours extension roof about 4 doors up the road.

Av04X6LCMAAnAKJ.jpg:large

The weird thing is, nothing else was taken, we had a bike and some other bits and pieces in the back shed which are still there, and the back windows and patio door don't look like they were interfered with. It's utterly bizarre.
    Anyone had something remotely similar happen to them?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

lenovoguy wrote: »
    Hi all

Strange question here - I came home yesterday to find my back garden looked like it had a trespasser in it. Some socks on the washing line had been scattered about the garden, a pot had been knocked over, and bits of bark mulch were scattered diffusely all over the grass. The weirdest thing was, a rug which was hanging on the washing line was taken, and I woke up to find it located on a neighbours extension roof about 4 doors up the road.

Av04X6LCMAAnAKJ.jpg:large

The weird thing is, nothing else was taken, we had a bike and some other bits and pieces in the back shed which are still there, and the back windows and patio door don't look like they were interfered with. It's utterly bizarre.
    Anyone had something remotely similar happen to them?

Looks like they were gonna use the rug to kneel on while they tried to get in the neighbour's window..it meant they wouldnt get incriminating tar-marks all over thier clothes or they could put the rug over the glass if they were gonna smash it.
    Tell your neighbour somebody wants to get into thier house,i assume its a laptop or car keys they're after.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

Strange one that, what’s the access to your back garden like? Does your garden back onto another garden or open space? Any kids living next door or near by who are messers? The way stuff was tampered with and messed about seems to be someone trying to freak you out more then a break in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

The stuff messed around in the back garden was more than likely somebody searching for a key..a surprising number of peopole leave keys under flower pots and under bags etc out the back thinking thieves wont look there.

Or..it being summer holidays it could've been kids acting the maggot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

Degsy wrote: »
    The stuff messed around in the back garden was more than likely somebody searching for a key..a surprising number of peopole leave keys under flower pots and under bags etc out the back thinking thieves wont look there.

Or..it being summer holidays it could've been kids acting the maggot.

I'd agree with this post. It was either one or the other.

Just as a matter of interest what area of Dublin is this? Dublin 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Possibly going to use the rug in smashing that velux window on your neighbours roof to avoid getting cut by glass and/or reduce the noise. Maybe you disturbed them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement