Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming in Canal Kilcock

Options
  • 20-06-2012 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Looking for somewhere to practice swimming outside the swimming pool over the summer and wondering if it's ok to swim in the canal in Kilcock?

Know there used to be a triathlon on here and the kayak polo is played too so thinking the water quality must be pretty good?

Is it ok to swim here or will I have people telling me to get out of the water?

Thanks for your help, Joey

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would not base the decision on where people play canoe polo :) we played in the Liffey !
    Maybe if you ring Irish water ways they will let you know.
    Kayakers also have cags etc on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Thanks for the reply Moonbeam, played a bit of kayak polo as well so know what you mean. I've contacted the waterways but still haven't heard anything. Just have to wait and see! thanks again, Joey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

There is loads of fish life in the water there.

They would be there if it was dirty water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

I wouldn't recommend swimming in it after it rains. All the crud from the town washes into it and the water quality dips big time.

Advertisement