Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scaps: what are they ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

rom wrote: »
    Has anyone used them ? Are they like nuun tablets ?

http://www.succeedscaps.com/products/s_caps/

Also known as snake oil

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

tunney wrote: »
    Also known as snake oil
    rolleyes.gif
    rom wrote: »
    Has anyone used them ? Are they like nuun tablets ?

http://www.succeedscaps.com/products/s_caps/

I've used them. They are electrolyte replacements but contain much more sodium than the likes of Nuun. They are more like salt tables, while Nuun makes a flavoured drink. They are specifically aimed at ultra runners. When running an ultra on a hot day they are great, but in Ireland the conditions are usually more benign.

I still think they saved my race in Connemara 2 years ago.

The price is perfectly reasonable when bought in the states, but my stock is about to run out and when I tried to re-order them I was quoted $60 shipping fee. Ridiculous. Needless to say, I declined.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

rolleyes.gif

I've used them. They are electrolyte replacements but contain much more sodium than the likes of Nuun. They are more like salt tables, while Nuun makes a flavoured drink. They are specifically aimed at ultra runners. When running an ultra on a hot day they are great, but in Ireland the conditions are usually more benign.

I still think they saved my race in Connemara 2 years ago.

The price is perfectly reasonable when bought in the states, but my stock is about to run out and when I tried to re-order them I was quoted $60 shipping fee. Ridiculous. Needless to say, I declined.

Oh I thought they were one of those "lactate buffer" jobbies.

Apoloiges.

Advertisement