Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭IRISHREDSTAR

LimkUL wrote: »
    UlsterBank online banking down for anyone else right now??

Yes trying Ulster Bank online, just getting the message "oops! page not found"
    it should say
    Ulster Frank If Ulster Bank Was Paddy Power we would all get a huge free bet
    "Ooh Betty!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4 blathanna

Im so so sick of this already. One minute its not letting me into online banking next minute it is but it says there are no transactions on my account if you look week by week and my payment that was suppost to be in saturday still not showing up. Will be going in tomorrow and withdrawing every penny I have in UB.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

The irresponsibility shown by RBS in outsourcing so many IT staff makes me hope that they fail. Maybe then the rest of the world can start to take the quality of their IT operations, as opposed to the quantity of people they can hire elsewhere, seriously. It is really as irresponsible as selling CDO insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 44 LimkUL

blathanna wrote: »
    Im so so sick of this already. One minute its not letting me into online banking next minute it is but it says there are no transactions on my account if you look week by week and my payment that was suppost to be in saturday still not showing up. Will be going in tomorrow and withdrawing every penny I have in UB.

Same here.. back in now, can't see any weekly transactions. I can see statements, and from there you can see the most recent since the last statement.

Might give the ATM a shot in the morning see can i overdraw the account a bit to get money... doubt i'll get a chance to go to the branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

LimkUL wrote: »
    UlsterBank online banking down for anyone else right now??

It just told me that my customer number doesn't exist and asked me to enter in all my details, after the first attempt at login today.

Useless shower of bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

Anytime banking working for me. I used to find that it'd never work after 2am or so but these days it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭IRISHREDSTAR

frankled wrote: »
    Anytime banking working for me. I used to find that it'd never work after 2am or so but these days it's fine.
    yeh it's back still out of date BEEN ON TO THEM ABOUT OVERDRAFT They said I'll have to go to my branch and ask in person.I live 80 miles from the branch I opened acc in. what year is this my branch all this my branch nonsense whould make you think it's 1950 besides what if I was not in Ireland or could not travel in person no other bank does this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I find it hard to believe that a badly coded update-patch got into the system in the first place as installing updates like this are usually tested numerous times to make sure it's properly coded. If it's just the update patch that caused all of this then some heads have to roll but my inkling is something deeper is involved. Time will tell but a deep investigation needs to be done immediately to ascertain to what really happened but i'm sure the Ulster bank would be happy to tell you it's findings/lies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

still the same only showig transactions til 20/6 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

They say the 'problem' has been fixed and manual transactions are now what has to be done and there are a huge backlog of these. Well who are doing these manual transactions, is it the local branch or just a handful of people in an office somewhere?
    My salary still hasn't hit my account.
    I'm worried for my mortgage due this week, (my mortgage company use UB to bank with)
    Today will be my third trip to my branch this week as I need to top up on little things that I would normally pay by debit card (but can't as no funds in acc due to salary still in limbo).
    It's fine some big bank shot apologizing on TV but I want my money in my account.:mad:

Edit: just read this on RTE website...
    Payments from Ulster Bank into other banks are said to be nearly cleared.
    However, a major issue remains with updating the bank's own accounts processing incoming payments and updating balances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Online banking still only showing incoming transactions to the 20. Debits out are being updated within minutes.

There have been no credits to the account since last week. There should have been & should be again on Thursday.

When it comes to the mortgage payment, ours is with Ulster Bank. I'm very sure that whether the money is there or not they will process the payment, run a large & unauthorised overdraft to do it, then pay the money back into the account 4 days later. Then do a request again for the mortgage. This is going on a previous experience. The problem is that if credits are not being made at all we won't know whether the mortgage payment has been declined or not.

I am concerned over this "social welfare payments may be affected" comment. Our social welfare payment already has been along with thousands of others. I'm beginning to wonder if they're referring to the Child Benefit payments which are paid on the first Tuesday of every month. That is next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sarah22

I've been following this thread for a while and at this stage I'm furious with ulster bank!! I started a new job and my first pay was due to hit last Thursday!!

I can't get an advance on my wages as I can't prove it's a regular payment into my account and any time I go into a branch or call their call centre I get conflicting information. They say the problem is fixed but No one can tell me if this weeks wages will go in to my account or not. 

As a student what little savings I have are gone my rent and other bills are already overdue as I had to work a week in advance and was unemployed two weeks prior to that so by this Thursday it will be five weeks with no wages!!  When asked if I could get a loan or an overdraft of €300 I was told no by the bank manager as I have a temp contract and one payslip doesn't prove I'll have regular means to pay it back, even though my payslip shows I'll have more than adequate funds to pay it back as soon as my waged hit the account.

At first I thought its just a glitch and could happen to any company. I thought they would try to rectify the problem swiftly, However the lack of information from ulster bank and no definitive date for the error to be fixed is just ridiculous!! 

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Alive063

I'm wondering has the funds left the employers account or not? This would be significant, no?

Alive063 wrote: »
    I'm wondering has the funds left the employers account or not? This would be significant, no?

If this is in reply to me then yep it has. I am 100% on the payroll and my details on their system are correct so my first wage has left my employers account and that transaction shows up as complete for them.

I'm also waiting on money I transferd from my PayPal account last wedensday to hit my account it should have hit friday, but still no sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

vickers209 wrote: »
    EXTENDED OPENING HOURS FOR REST OF THIS WEEK 9.30AM-7.00PM!!

To help as many of our customers as possible, for the rest of this week we will extend the opening hours of approximately 80 of our branches across Ireland from 9.30am until 7pm. We would ask customers to bring photographic identification and their account details with them.

Today, our dedicated help desk is open 8am to 10pm to take your call on 1800 205 100. If you are calling from abroad please call +353 9156 2910.

We will continue to post regular updates here.

We recognise this is an unacceptable inconvenience and we want to reassure our customers that if they experience bank charges as a result of this issue they will be refunded. Once again we would like to unreservedly apologise.

Do you know what this is no use to a lot of people

I am not an Ulster bank customer ( and never will be ) , but my employer is. I now have no money.

Will UB pay my overdraft fees etc from BOI , of course they won't ever .

Will them opening their branches help me , no ....
    Why has the Central Bank been so silent on this matter ?
    Why is it not ordering all the banks to give a proper solution to people , after all there but for the grace of god go BOI or AIB or any other ' pillar banks ' .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

sarah22 wrote: »
    I've been following this thread for a while and at this stage I'm furious with ulster bank!! I started a new job and my first pay was due to hit last Thursday!!

I can't get an advance on my wages as I can't prove it's a regular payment into my account and any time I go into a branch or call their call centre I get conflicting information. They say the problem is fixed but No one can tell me if this weeks wages will go in to my account or not. 

As a student what little savings I have are gone my rent and other bills are already overdue as I had to work a week in advance and was unemployed two weeks prior to that so by this Thursday it will be five weeks with no wages!!  When asked if I could get a loan or an overdraft of €300 I was told no by the bank manager as I have a temp contract and one payslip doesn't prove I'll have regular means to pay it back, even though my payslip shows I'll have more than adequate funds to pay it back as soon as my waged hit the account.

At first I thought its just a glitch and could happen to any company. I thought they would try to rectify the problem swiftly, However the lack of information from ulster bank and no definitive date for the error to be fixed is just ridiculous!! 

I can't understand how they're getting away with this horsesh1t. So what if you don't have the money to pay it back? That's a risk the bank should have to take to resolve a problem they caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭odin_ie

Walking in to my branch this morning to see if I can close and clear my account. I cannot afford this bull**** any longer. This mess up is gone beyond ridiculous at this stage. Ulster Bank are going to loose a lot of personal and corporate customers because of this and rightly so, you cannot keep people guessing on when they are going to have access to their money. I was meant to get my monthly wage last Thursday, I have no access to other funds, I have less than a fiver in my account and no overdraft facility, to compound the issue, I now have no food, and less that €4 left in my pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭The_fever

Another day in a caravan in the rain with three small kids and an ulster bank debit card , beginning to get what is known as cabin fever , nearest branch is two hours away ,but a commodity known as diesel is needed for that. You could not make this up. I hope they come good tonight , mind you that has been my way of thinking the last few days, God bless portable DVD players, playpens , toast , hope and met eireann. One of the kids just mentioned he would like a Mcdonalds , where do I start. The best things in life are free , apparently. I suppose they have to be .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Im sorry to hear of the hardship people are feeling. If your funds are totally tapped out.
    Goto your nearest branch with what ever documentation you have and promise yourself you will not leave until you have some hard cash in your hands.
    Sit in a chair or stand in the line, but tell whomever UB rep your facing that you will not be leaving until you have some cash in your hand.

do not listen to any excuses or fob offs from them.

They have lost me as a customer that's for sure!! To be honest everyone but ulster bank has been more than helpful. The landlord who is two weeks behind on rent  my flat mates have paid my share of the bills, and the credit union have suspended my loan payments without penalties! 

I'm trying to get in contact with my parents who are abroad at the moment to see if they can transfer money to a friends account for me! Because  if i don't get my wages this week I can't pay the insurance Or put petrol in the car to get to work. They offered to last week as they knew things were getting tight but I said not to worry as it should be sorted by Monday. 

I know I'm lucky as I can turn to my parents for help however some UB customers are not in such a fortunate position and however stressful and frustrating it is for me I can't imagine how hard it is for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Im with Ulster Bank, but so far it hasnt affected me as I'm paid monthly and most of my direct debits are at the beginnig of the month.

I got a text from Meteor today saying they are aware of the issues with Ulster Bank, they are monitoring the situation and once it is resolved they will process any outstanding payments. So thats one good thing.

Im due my monthly wages on Thursday, and considering they claim to have fixed the problem and are simply working through the backlog, I dont see why I shouldnt get my pay. After all, its not something they are going to have to do manually, as its not from last week.

However, I work for a company that is ran by the UK. We have to send money from our Ulster Bank account over to them in order for everyones wages to be paid. The payment was sent last night, and failed :(

Why are new transactions not going through? Surely they are not part of the back log?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

They have to do all transactions in order

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

Anyone know if I'm due to be paid on Thursday will I get it? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

Giblet wrote: »
    They have to do all transactions in order

They are managing to process ATM withdrawals out of sequence...........

Dont see why they cant do the same for incoming salary credits, social welfare payments etc.

This must be getting close to the point where one of the Regulators/Supervisory Authorities will be stepping in.

tunedout wrote: »
    Anyone know if I'm due to be paid on Thursday will I get it? Thanks.

No one knows not even ulster bank!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

The_fever wrote: »
    Another day in a caravan in the rain with three small kids and an ulster bank debit card , beginning to get what is known as cabin fever , nearest branch is two hours away ,but a commodity known as diesel is needed for that. You could not make this up. I hope they come good tonight , mind you that has been my way of thinking the last few days, God bless portable DVD players, playpens , toast , hope and met eireann. One of the kids just mentioned he would like a Mcdonalds , where do I start. The best things in life are free , apparently. I suppose they have to be .

:eek: I thought I had it bad!

We've been lucky enough that we had enough in a current account to do us for the past few days. But my monthly salary (which was supposed to go in on Friday) hasn't hit the account yet - and it's getting towards the time of the month when all D.D. payments are taken, mortgage, bills etc.

Also, we've been able to use the Visa Debit cards on our account - but the balance has not been updating online, so we don't actually know how much money we have in the account, which is worrying.

We also had work done at home last week and need to pay the builders.

A friend of mine works in one of the UB branches. I asked him yesterday what was happening and his response was: "It's a nightmare. They're saying it will be sorted by Friday, but honestly I have my doubts..." not very encouraging!!!

Why are new transactions not going through? Surely they are not part of the back log?

Im afraid they are. They become new entries on the 'backlog'.
    Its a FIFO queue, first in first out, so your companys new transaction from yesterday has to wait until all the processing prior to that on your account from last week has been run thru the system

Its nobodys fault other than management and beancounters accountants at RBS.
    They fired people with 20 years experience of their IT systems and hired people with 2 years experience to replace them. They were expecting too much from the new hires and showed no respect or understanding for the talent and skill the expereinced people had.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

I'll be closing my account with UB when my balance is correct.

I work in IT in web design.
    Even in my line of work I understand the importance of backups and rollback plans. If an update doesn't go to plan then you simply rollback.

Its incredibly worrying that a bank can apply and update that cannot be rolled back and - tin foil hat ahoy - I wonder is it something else that's being covered up here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

mathie wrote: »

Even in my line of work I understand the importance of backups and rollback plans. If an update doesn't go to plan then you simply rollback.

Its incredibly worrying that a bank can apply and update that cannot be rolled back and - tin foil hat ahoy - I wonder is it something else that's being covered up here.

They have rolled back. What do you think they've done?

I transferred money via EFT from AIB to Ulster Bank yesterday, it arrived today as normal. I've a uFirst Gold account though, so maybe that helps. A standing order from last Friday hasn't gone out yet.

• Advertisement

mathie wrote: »

Yes the update could have been rolled back if you knew how todo it.
    that was the problem. They got rid of all of them. Its a fairly complex system, not complex like noone could understand it but, complex that you need alot of years working on it to understand it , especially to understand it to the level that when something goes wrong you can back out and recover.

I wonder how many people will close accounts cos of this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement