Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Sean Bateman

If it's your employer that's with UB and you haven't been paid, then surely you've every right to ask your employer for a cheque or for cash (with the proviso that you give the employer back the "extra" payment if / when you receive it)?

If I was in charge of payroll in an organisation relying on UB in any way, shape or form, I'd have taken the decision to pay people in cash or by cheque last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

On the phone again..customer service put me through to fraud department...who then put me to customer service because its not a fraud issue (duh!) I think nobody knows whats going on so they just want to keep pawning me off to someone else

Now they're telling me I need to contact the company I am paying and tell them to tell their bank they need to authorize, then get some code from them? I have ordered from this company dozens of times before and never had a problem...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

If it's your employer that's with UB and you haven't been paid, then surely you've every right to ask your employer for a cheque or for cash (with the proviso that you give the employer back the "extra" payment if / when you receive it)?

If I was in charge of payroll in an organisation relying on UB in any way, shape or form, I'd have taken the decision to pay people in cash or by cheque last week.

Bear in mind that last week we were told there was a 24 hour delay on balances. Everyone was a little irritated, but we thought the whole thing would be over by the weekend, because that's what we were told.

I feel very bad for anyone whose salary has been affected by this, but employers weren't to know that UB didn't have the foggiest of what they were talking about. I hope employees are being treated with the flexibility you suggest, or this will be a very hard week for a lot of people :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

My OH company did that last Fri, gave over 600 staff a cheque for full salary amount. It was very decent of them, looks like they will have to do the same this week. Disgraceful carry on from RBS, clean up the mess in the UK, leave the rest to struggle on. Think this will have a huge amount of customers leaving, and rightly so. I wouldn't stay in a bank that treats their customers like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

So basically, they were working on fixing everything up for there UK customers and fobbing the Irish customers.

My mind has been made up. Which bank would be best to go too? BOI, dosen't look so bad, if I lodge 3000 with them within 3 months I get free banking is that correct? And they have the Visa debit card also?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

I will be closing:

02 Business Accounts
    02 Personal Accounts

I am capable of understanding mistakes and errors, I cannot abide by being lied to.

Time and again for the last Week Ulster Bank have LIED to us.

Angry as of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

stee.mc79 wrote: »
    I will be closing my acc's with UB soon as they have my balances correct (fool me once thing) . How do you set up a poll on boards to find out how many Ulster bank customers will stay with the bank?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056682931

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Nothing processed since last Wednesday it would appear.

I know many people waiting on social welfare still which was due last Thursday.

UB are still telling a pack of lies to its' customers.

Exactly. And they seem to be getting an extremely easy ride in the media and from the reuglator simply because they're keeping their doors open a little longer and that's seen as an effective response. Yet they're bluffing their customers on a daily basis and they have people's money for almost a week now and making little or no contingency to get it to the rightful owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,382 ✭✭✭Tow

More on the Register, basically summarising what is already known and adding the quote below:

'Inexperienced' RBS tech operative's blunder led to banking meltdown
    Hyderabad job ad shows outsourcing in CA-7 team

When they did the back-out, a major error was made. An inexperienced person cleared the whole queue ... they erased all the scheduling.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

eigrod wrote: »
    They keep saying they are working their way through the backlog. But has anybody on here actually received money into their account via an electronic transaction since last Wednesday ?

Nobody that I've spoken to has and as far as I can see on this thread, nobody seems to have.

I recieved my wage on Monday (due last Thurs). Employer(HSE) with ulster bank and i bank with NIB.

I know it's no consulation for those who haven't received their money yet, but transactions are going through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Money seems to be going in and out just fine for me - online payments, ATM's, inbound payments, debit card transactions. Only thing that seems a little slow is online statements updating (a problem they've acknowledged), but they seem to be getting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

neonitrix wrote: »
    starting to get worried about the small bit of savings we do have that i cant access because its online only.

neonitrix

Same position here. As I said in aprevious post I keep my available cash (apart from my current account) in an Ulster Special Interest Deposit account which is online only. I rarely touch this account - its rainy day money. I wasnt to fussed about it up to yesterday, bu admit I had started thinking of moving 50% elsewhere. Now I think I will go the whole hog and move the lot (which isnt mega bucks, but it is a five figure sum- it being all I have apart from the house and car, and I appreciate that I am very fortunate to have this). Anyway I rang the call centre now and asked about withdrawing it.

Oh, no problem, contact your branch if you want some cash.
    Ahm, won't the branch only give me 500 and anyway the branch never had access to that account?
    Ok, you will need to talk to the branch manager.
    Thats fine. Can you give me his number please.
    You cant contact him by phone, all the lines are diverted.
    If I go in with ID can he give me the balance in the SIDA A/C ?
    Possibly, but its at his discretion and he would need at least 24 hours notice to order the cash.
    I'll e-mail him and get him to call you

Echos of Northern Rock about this - I swore I would only deal with reliable Bricks & Mortar banks in future - so much for that !!!!

So, decision time....... Anyone else in this position ?

And I fully realise how fortunate I am to have savings to worry about, and hope this doesn't come accross as making light of the much more immediate problems that others are facing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

mel.b wrote: »
    I know it's no consulation for those who haven't received their money yet, but transactions are going through
    Only outbound transactions to other banks. Inbound transactions to UB accounts are not happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Noticed on my Bank statement (when i was able to access it) That they charged me twice for one Debit card transaction. The transaction went through on the 18th june and then the charge me the same again on the 19th(ps i olnly got it once), Should i let it roll out and see if it enters back up on the system or head to the bank and tell them?

No, go into the bank. The exact same happened to me, same dates as you. They are emailing some department to take the second payment off. They assured me that the spar(maybe it was centra) on Glasnevin ave only received
    the payment once. They couldn't tell me when the mistake would be rectified though. (I had previously tried to do this over the phone). Also I had to go behind their desk to log on over the net as they didn't have access to this information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

just think of all the interest that ulster are making cos of the money in there holding account

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭szjon

Was in the branch today, noitices up saying they had a systems failure in branch, absolute chaos. Made a lodgement and left, no information. Nothing.
    I will be closing 3 accounts with them as soon as they let me. I also hate being lied to. Systems are not working, backlog my arse. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Richie Blackmor

Only outbound transactions to other banks. Inbound transactions to UB accounts are not happening.

Confirm this is the same for me. My wages should have been paid in last Wednesday night ..... still waiting for money to appear ... it will be 7 days tomorrow night.

It kinda stinks ..... sort out UK people then turn the 'full focus' on the Irish customers? Yep, I too will be changing banks just as soon as I can get at my money.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

jjll wrote: »
    just think of all the interest that ulster are making cos of the money in there holding account
    Thats if they have the facility to actually track it and place it in a holding account!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

How quick can BOI get a turn around on a new card if I open an account today? When could I expect a card from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 silentbang

Ulsterbank in Drogheda has been empty all weekend, extra hours or not, its all just PR.When i went in i was met at the door and basically convinced not to bother even going up to the counter 'systems are still down, not sure when your account will be sorted'....This is rubbish at this stage, i want my wages,im done with excuses and plain lies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,382 ✭✭✭Tow

msg11 wrote: »
    How quick can BOI get a turn around on a new card if I open an account today? When could I expect a card from them?

You can ask you question here in Board's Talk to Bank of Ireland forum

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

"CA 7 (now known as CA Workload Automation CA 7 Edition) is a mainframe based solution from CA Technologies for the scheduling of batch (background) processing on both mainframe and distributed platforms, using date/time and/or events to determine when work should be executed. Full tracking of the managed workloads and failure alerting is provided, with a web based GUI providing monitoring functions for active workloads.
    Sure we're grand so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It's an absolute joke at this stage.
    Can banks do ANYTHING right anymore? They just seem totally incompetent. It was bad enough that they couldn't figure out how to analyse risk and needed bailouts but now we discover they can't even work their mainframes anymore!

What's next? Banks will lose the ability to count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Oryx wrote: »
    Thats if they have the facility to actually track it and place it in a holding account!

thats were all the money that is not in peoples accounts will be..... in there holding account

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

More lies ...

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0626/breaking27.html#
    In a statement today, RBS said the update of customer balances following a computer glitch "has cleared overnight, with the exception of a few specific sets of transactions".

"It is possible a small number of customers may experience delays as we return to a completely normal service," it said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

thats were all the money that is not in peoples accounts will be..... in there holding account

this debacle is still going to cost UB a fortune in
    1) staff overtime
    2) fees/penalties/legal actions
    3) lost customers
    4) covering fees/penalties of customer affected
    5) probably other costs I'm missing

any interest owed to customers will be paid I'm sure, they're not making anything from this mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

mathie wrote: »

Shoddy reporting by the IT. That only applies to the mainland banks - RBS and NatWest. Us second class citizens and our second class ulster bank are further down the queue and being dealt with separately. The actual statement by RBS is as follows

http://www.rbs.com/news/2012/06/rbs-statement-on-technical-issue.html?cq_ck=1340714665621#comments-fzxl-_the_full_focusofo
    RBS and NatWest confirm that the update of customer account balances has cleared overnight, with the exception of a few specific sets of transactions.

We know this disruption was unacceptable and that many customers will still have questions and concerns. It is possible a small number of customers may experience delays as we return to a completely normal service. We will continue to extend our branch opening hours all week.

The full focus of our efforts will now be on delivering the same result for our Ulster Bank customers who continue to experience unacceptable delays to their accounts being updated. We are confident that this will help us restore a full service for the start of next week for Ulster Bank and remain grateful for our customers' patience. We will continue with extended opening hours for the remainder of this week and with the extensive customer support we have in place to mitigate the impact of this delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VajdHXR3VrM

Had to throw it in:)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

They are grateful for customers patience. What choice did customers have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

What are the chances that some of this transaction data is unrecoverable?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement