Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Glowing wrote: »
    What are the chances that some of this transaction data is unrecoverable?

Its unlikely that any transaction data is unrecoverable.
    Its no more likely as before this whole situation started.

Its very possible that it might take a few weeks for some peoples accounts to get fully up to date, and its likely that the fluctuating balances and duplicates of the same transactions in and out will continue.

so no data will be lost but I expect this sorry saga will drag on into next week and possibly longer for some

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Stheno wrote: »
    My branch told me today that a transfer to my account made last Thurs should show up "hopefully" by Friday, and they are "hoping" that they will be processing as normal from Friday.
    Next thing they will be programming the atms to say 'Good Luck!' instead of 'Processing'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Hibernicis wrote: »
    This will only work for relatively small amounts, similar to the €500 limit the branch can give you. Larger amounts will be blocked by the daily ATM card limit.

Well, at least they gave me access to money i had before their system collapsed. Very nice of them.

I believe that monthly salaries will be dealt with today by most companies?
    If Ulster claims that by Friday they will start processing money as they should, then it is not good news for anyone getting paid on Thursday/Friday, as those payment have already been sent by employers in most cases?

Well, they will be sent before Friday i meant...never worked in payroll but i remember my previous company was processing wages on Wednesday to be paid on Friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 49 silentbang

snubbleste wrote: »
    Very retro!
    It's the 1980s at Ulster :D

:D Heard the Henry the Hippo savings boxes are back in too and the copy,pencil and ruler set :D

When i get my wages im gonna party like its 1989 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

Ulster Bank can't even get the details of how to access money from their branches

They forget to mention that you require a payslip?

Key Questions on Customers' Minds

How can I access cash?

Our main focus is to allow our customers access to their money. In the first instance if you need access to cash please use any ATM. If this does not reflect any payments due into your account please come to any local Ulster Bank branch with your photographic ID and your account details.

Ulster Bank credit card holders can also access cash using our cash advance service and there will be no fee or interest charged for using this service provided the amount is repaid within one month of the withdrawal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

Stheno wrote: »
    My branch told me today that a transfer to my account made last Thurs should show up "hopefully" by Friday, and they are "hoping" that they will be processing as normal from Friday.

Ulster - the Bank that HOPES

At least it ties in with the statement by Stephen Hester the Chairman of RBS yesterday:
    Stephen Hester told Sky News: "We're well on the road to recovery. Fingers crossed all the bugs have been got out but we feel a corner has been turned."
    http://www.itv.com/news/2012-06-25/rbs-boss-stephen-hester-apologises-for-natwest-banking-problems/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

This is what happens in a jurisdiction with a competent supervisory and regulatory regime:

Mr Cresswell's comments were echoed by Sir Mervyn King, the governor of the Bank of England, who said there would be a "very detailed" investigation into the issues. He said the Financial Services Authority will “go in to find out what went wrong and why it took so long to recover”.

Easily seen why they prioritised the mainland banks and left the paddies to "hope" with their "fingers crossed"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

"We're continuing to work through the backlog"

I was due to get paid on Wednesday night at the start of this disaster, so I would love to know what work they've done to date.......

Has anyone due a salary into their UB account on the same date received it yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Bull. I found out today they can only process interbank payments at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 kdoher

Does anyone know how long it will take for money to go from an ulster bank account into a different bank bank account???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 LimkUL

Just went in and got more than ATM daily limit, no payslip only ID was able to see on the system a recurring payment so no hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Probably know the answer already, can i access the wages that didnt make it into my account by going into the branch with a payslip and ID?

I have a bit of money in my account but things are running low.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 LimkUL

den87 wrote: »
    Probably know the answer already, can i access the wages that didnt make it into my account by going into the branch with a payslip and ID?

I have a bit of money in my account but things are running low.

You sure can.. A payslip is the defining solutio. Bank manager walking about and all in the branch I went to so can't see any hassle ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭the_pits

So, let me get this right .......RBS and NatWest have sorted out their problem and very thing is hunky dory with them now, but Ulster Bank it going to take at least another week to get fixed here :mad:

RBS and NatWest have over 12 million customer, Ulster Bank 100,000, why is it that we are getting sorted out last, surely if one is fixed and then all should be fixed, RBS & NatWest would have bigger back log than UB.

I will be closing my account as soon as possible, we are like mushrooms, left in the corner and fed **** ever so often. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I pity the poor, poor soul who does those customer service surveys they do every month this time.

The head will be eat off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Hibernicis wrote: »
    At least it ties in with the statement by Stephen Hester the Chairman of RBS yesterday:

Stephen Hester told Sky News: "We're well on the road to recovery. Fingers crossed all the bugs have been got out but we feel a corner has been turned.
    "

http://www.itv.com/news/2012-06-25/rbs-boss-stephen-hester-apologises-for-natwest-banking-problems/

Turned a corner... where have we heard that before :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bayou

I was due to get paid on Wednesday night at the start of this disaster, so I would love to know what work they've done to date.......

Has anyone due a salary into their UB account on the same date received it yet?

Same here. No sign of it yet, and theres another payment due tomorrow.

Anyone who has lodged cash/cheques since the fiasco began will not see the credit in their account till Sunday at the earliest. Thats what UB told me yesterday. What I'm hearing today makes it seem unlikely

made a cash lodgement today in my Ulster Bank branch. No computers used, just the manual booklets. They told me it would take up to 3 working days for the money to show up in my account! i know its not the tellers fault, but its still extremely frustrating when you have direct debits and standing orders that need to be paid.

Their new slogan should be: Ulster Bank -Computer says no! :D

They were being optimistic.

I left cash in last Wenesday, it still hasn't shown up in the account and they told me all the cash lodgments would be processed NEXT SUNDAY.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Scrum001

Had a UB credit card bill due last Wednesday. Paid the bill online using anytime banking. The current account gets debited straight away but to date the payment never makes it to the credit card account. Now I see a late payment fee of €8.50. I had to laugh that they could issue a fee but still not credit my account.

Also no sign of last Friday's wages though things will really need to rectify themselves by this weekend before the monthly DD's hit.

I believe they could lose a lot of customers as a result of this fiasco.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Can I add that the staff in my local UB branch were ridiculously helpful & patient.

Yes, the staff Navan are so helpful, smiling and outwardly at least, putting a brave face on it.

Its the faceless suits in Head Office that deserve to take the blame, but won't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stee.mc79

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

made a cash lodgement today in my Ulster Bank branch. No computers used, just the manual booklets. They told me it would take up to 3 working days for the money to show up in my account! i know its not the tellers fault, but its still extremely frustrating when you have direct debits and standing orders that need to be paid.

Their new slogan should be: Ulster Bank -Computer says no! :D

Don't hold your breath, I made a cash lodgement LAST Wednesday and it's still not showing up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Expenses payment that was due to go through last Thursday went through last night. Employer is an UB customer (for now) I'm BOI.

My UB company credit card is working fine. All issues have been sorted for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

As of this evening - Tuesday, three cash lodgements have not been applied to my company bank account. The online balance is frozen at 20th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Difference Engine

I didn't get paid last Friday and still haven't received those wages. I was told at work today that I won't be getting paid this Friday either because I have an Ulster Bank current account.

Apparently, because UB have so many transactions to process they are prioritising transactions with other banks. Their own customers are being put to the back of the queue as my manager put it. As far as I know that's what customer service in UB told them.

Anyone else being told this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

I didn't get paid last Friday and still haven't received those wages. I was told at work today that I won't be getting paid this Friday either because I have an Ulster Bank current account.

Apparently, because UB have so many transactions to process they are prioritising transactions with other banks. Their own customers are being put to the back of the queue as my manager put it. As far as I know that's what customer service in UB told them.

Anyone else being told this?

I dunno if this is the case but it certainly seems that they are able to expedite payments to other banks more quickly.

bleg wrote: »
    I dunno if this is the case but it certainly seems that they are able to expedite payments to other banks more quickly.

Their website faqs says something else. No surprise. Fortunately i am not doing any business, but still feel sorry for all of those small companies affected by this (never felt sorry for the big players, so please excuse my ignorance).
    Hope all of the employees get their payments on time this week. And hoping Ulster will reimburse, and add some goodwill gesture to anyone affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

Great news for those affected in the UK 99% of their accounts are up to date.

Next week for us Paddys

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18590868

Scrum001 wrote: »
    Had a UB credit card bill due last Wednesday. Paid the bill online using anytime banking. The current account gets debited straight away but to date the payment never makes it to the credit card account. Now I see a late payment fee of €8.50. I had to laugh that they could issue a fee but still not credit my account.

Also no sign of last Friday's wages though things will really need to rectify themselves by this weekend before the monthly DD's hit.

I believe they could lose a lot of customers as a result of this fiasco.

As for paying a credit card bill online - it is always delayed, and i was always refunded late payment fee. As long as you paid it on time it will be refunded (including an interest - if any).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

So I'm guessing UPC got their money but the transfer hasn't been reflected in my account?

Pretty much
    Any potential for loss of money here? Or is it just a delay?

Delay.
    The notice on the home page has been updated to say they are confident they will restore a full service by the start of next week. So we've gone from the end of last week, to the start of this week, to the end of this week, to the start of next week. Did I miss any?

To be fair, I'd rather they be up front and realistic about it. No point saying "It'll be fixed tomorrow", and it not fixed. It's annoying, but it would be even more annoying if they made false promises.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement