Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Money due in today hasn't come in, so new payments aren't being processed as normal either.

Still waiting on last week's too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Salary now 3 days late FFS

There is probably no point in contacting them I guess - has anyone got payments expedited?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Messy part 2: money that is being handed out in banks is not reflecting on balances so people can still withdraw via ATM. Very very messy

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JABS

Messy part 2: money that is being handed out in banks is not reflecting on balances so people can still withdraw via ATM. Very very messy

Part 2 will slowly unfold into parts 3,4 & 5 by the time its all over. There is no doubt that there is people out there who will make money out of this. Withdraw from the atm and collect at the counter and when its all over just walk away from the account and open another one in a different bank leaving an overdrawn account that will never be paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,382 ✭✭✭Tow

JABS wrote: »
    Withdraw from the atm and collect at the counter and when its all over just walk away from the account and open another one in a different bank leaving an overdrawn account that will never be paid.

What about the people running around the country, withdrawing €500 from each branch... At this stage when must be making their second trip around the branches for 'their' second weeks money...

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 JABS

Tow wrote: »
    What about the people running around the country, withdrawing €500 from each branch... At this stage when must be making their second trip around the branches for 'their' second weeks money...

Very true........ And if some havent thought of this idea they sure have now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

JABS wrote: »
    Spoke to my account manager yesterday who assured be all credits are being applied to the accounts before any debits are made, to ensure the funds are there for the debits. Sounds logical yes? But yet she couldnt explain why over a thousand euro has been debited and only one day of card machine transactions credited when there is seven days still outstanding. "Must be an issue with streamline" was part of her EXCUSE.

This issue is slowly taking me to my knees. Im a young business on proforma invoice for most accounts. I cant pay for stock, my shelves are getting more bare and my customers will understandably go elsewhere.

F*%K YOU ULSTER BANK

I'd suggest you keep some notes about the specifics of the difficulties you are experiencing, the missed opportunities and any other quantifiable losses. At the very least they have a case to answer and you could well argue that you are entitled to some gesture, if not compensation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

My wages from Thursday are still not in the account. I'm not holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 maggi82

Well I don;t fully trust that they will be functioning again as normal next week. That means that my wages (fortnightly) and my husbands (monthly) will not have hit our joint account by Thursday evening leaving us short a lot of money and with all our bills, mortgage and DDs due to draw on Friday.
    I rang the helpline this morning and said that I have 1.5K in my account. Even if salaries do not go in this week, will our mortgage and DDs still draw, leaving us with O? He said yes... but went on to give me some nonsense about how any DDs that couldnt draw fully wouldn't incur fees etc. that's all fine and nice except we won't have any access to cash for day to day living until they fix it all. I know they say that you can go in with ID and a payslip and get some cash, but F that. I'm going in today and taking at least my salary that's owed out of the current account. That will leave only a few hundred towards mortgage and DDs on Friday but tough sh## for UB. I'm not taking any more than they have held in limbo belonging to me and at least then I'll have access to MY money while the issue is being "resolved"....
    Sorry for the rant, and I know that there are many people on here already extremely strapped for cash... Just read about the poor girl in the caravan without access to a branch. I hope that this issue resolves itself sooner rather than later. If it's pushing me into financial stress this week, and I saved for 18 months to make sure that there is always one extra mortgage payment available in the account for emergencies, then I can't imagine what it must be like for those who are living day to day in overdrafts already....

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

When is someone from the Government going to step up to the plate on this one - this is starting to affect the economy of this country. I have just spoken to a supplier who will not accept UB cheques because they are not clearing through his account, therefore I cannot get stock. Also speaking to another business man who banks with UB and has seven days of card transactions etc. backed up and has no cashflow. This is getting to the point that it is becoming a matter of 'National Concern' not just a glitch in a single bank, we need some sort of government intervention.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

one of my accounts which I rarely use, and actualy had some cash in it has now gone overdrawn despite my not using it!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bayou

I think its only a matter of time before those two words. 'Legal Action' start to feature on these boards. Business's cannot function in the current situation and its only a matter of time before some go to the wall, despite all the guff UB are coming out with.

We are an incredibly patient race. If this happened in Greece, every branch of the bank would be under seige or worse.

Every day brings its new round of excuses, and its time we stood together and said 'ENOUGH'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

The economy is suffering.
    First world problems I know, but there are two less people at sea sessions in bundoran this weekend. €180.
    Two less people getting their usual chinese on a friday night payday €50.
    Two less people going out for the friday night €80.

Waaaankers.
    Its all fuking lies.
    They are not working through the night on any backlog.
    Come on, seriously?
    Individuals can do nothing. Where are the consumer and financial agencies?
    Ulster Bank need to be fined, big time.
    As soon as this fiasco sorts itself out, im outta there and wont go near the baastards again.
    As a poster above said, its not the error.
    Its the lies. Its the batting us off.
    Its the constant updates = just changing the time and date on the same message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I was considering staying with Ulster Bank but any chance of that is now GONE!!

I noticed this morning my card was used by someone else (I didnt make any purchases) I rang ulster bank and they can't check my balance because their systems are still down so they connect me to the chargeback department and said they should be able to help...

chargeback department can't access their systems either so they can do absolutely nothing until "at least early next week"...are you f#cking kidding me? I cant even see what they bought but theres a couple of hundred gone out of my account already. The guy in the chargeback department recommended I go into my local branch and see if they can help....but they cant do chargebacks SO THEY CAN'T ACTUALLY HELP ME!

I am fuming. Still waiting for money that went into my account last week to show up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bayou

You'll all be heartbroken to learn that RBS has cancelled its Corporate Hospitality at Wimbledon this week, as it would be 'inappropriate' given the computer problems the group is having.

I doubt if the Prawn Sandwich Brigade even know RBS are having a problem. There biggest worry will be where they can go now for the free champagne and strawberries

Wonder what UB will do about their GAA Sponsorship ?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

Theres some movement on my account, they've removed the duplicate transactions so I'm not overdrawn anymore, but the 40 I lodged in branch last Thursday and 100 euro I withdrew from Paddy Power last wednesday still not showing up.
    Good to see some movement though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/leapseconds.html

June 30th

23:59:60

Some mainframes can have issues with syncing to the atomic clock or NTP server and I am not sure if RBS mainframe is an IBM but the CA7 batch scheduler program they use may be further affected by this

http://www-03.ibm.com/support/techdocs/atsmastr.nsf/5cb5ed706d254a8186256c71006d2e0a/32e3829bbb621b3f852579bc005da279/$FILE/Leap%20Seconds%20and%20Server%20Time%20Protocol%20%28STP%29%20-%2009%20March%202012.pdf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

So does anyone know or have an idea of the likelihood if my salary payment due in tonight to my Ulster Bank Current Account will be there tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Id say theres two chances tunedout.
    One of which is slim......

Then again, nothing would surprise with these a-holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

cymbaline wrote: »
    My wages from Thursday are still not in the account. I'm not holding my breath.

Ditto. Have already borrowed from OH and from petty cash in work to keep me going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭heliocentrist

Still not received the EFTs into my account after Wednesday of last week.:rolleyes:

Listening to the UB rep on Morning Ireland didn't inspire much confidence. Couldn't give a definite timeframe for anything... 'we hope' this and that.

Sorry if this has been covered already -

If I go to an ATM with my ulster bank debit card, can I withdraw money thats currently showing up as available in my account? I have another couple of hundred due to go in soon (last week..still waiting for it to sho wup), but since someone else has details of my visa debit and using it, I don't want to leave anything in that account

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Still not received the EFTs into my account after Wednesday of last week.:rolleyes:

Listening to the UB rep on Morning Ireland didn't inspire much confidence. Couldn't give a definite timeframe for anything... 'we hope' this and that.

They're relying on the headless chickens in India to tell them when things will be restored

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

dee. wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been covered already -

If I go to an ATM with my ulster bank debit card, can I withdraw money thats currently showing up as available in my account? I have another couple of hundred due to go in soon (last week..still waiting for it to sho wup), but since someone else has details of my visa debit and using it, I don't want to leave anything in that account

I think you should cancel your card straight away. That is the best solution.

wonski wrote: »
    I think you should cancel your card straight away. That is the best solution.

They told me they can't do that on the phone because they can't get into their systems to verify that I am who I say I am...and that i'll have to wait until early next week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

My wife got paid today, was due last Thursday, hoepfully going by this i get paid tomorrow as was due last Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

i dont like the cheery way they said on the news that now the english banks are sorted we can help ulster bank now way to treat your user's like second class there guys really makes me want to stick with yey

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

dee. wrote: »
    They told me they can't do that on the phone because they can't get into their systems to verify that I am who I say I am...and that i'll have to wait until early next week :(
    Scammers must be throwing a party this week, so. Because I bet youre not alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

bizmark wrote: »
    i dont like the cheery way they said on the news that now the english banks are sorted we can help ulster bank now way to treat your user's like second class there guys really makes me want to stick with yey

UK market is alot of bigger and actually alot easier to sort out than here.
    Irish systems for inputting data is notorious more difficult!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Still haven't got paid, was supposed to be last Friday. I've a feeling I won't get paid this Friday too at the rate they are going.

So lucky I didn't plan on travelling anywhere/buying anything online this past week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement