Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

My wife got paid today, was due last Thursday, hoepfully going by this i get paid tomorrow as was due last Friday.

Into a UB current account???????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Into a UB current account???????

Yeah. Both of us are with UB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Oryx wrote: »
    Scammers must be throwing a party this week, so. Because I bet youre not alone!

Yeah Im gutted :( Its a visa debit too so not like I have the same comeback as someone with a credit card. I am going into town soon hoping I will be able to take at least some of it out of my account with my ATM card

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JABS

UK market is alot of bigger and actually alot easier to sort out than here.
    Irish systems for inputting data is notorious more difficult!!

Would that mean that if its taken till now to sort the UK which is apparently easier to fix, that we are in for the long haul over here????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

JABS wrote: »
    Would that mean that if its taken till now to sort the UK which is apparently easier to fix, that we are in for the long haul over here????

Maybe, just got to wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

:( lucky ye
    Im in the same boat, still no money tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

dee. wrote: »
    They told me they can't do that on the phone because they can't get into their systems to verify that I am who I say I am...and that i'll have to wait until early next week :(

Are they now saying that if my/your wallet gets stolen, they won't cancel my cards? This is against some basic banking rules, and this is getting really messy at this stage.
    I was always happy with Ulster, and even recommended them here some time ago for free banking... apologies to anyone who followed my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

wonski wrote: »
    Are they now saying that if my/your wallet gets stolen, they won't cancel my cards? This is against some basic banking rules, and this is getting really messy at this stage.
    I was always happy with Ulster, and even recommended them here some time ago for free banking... apologies to anyone who followed my advice.

I am not too sure what happens if you call and say your card gets stolen, I just said that there was a transaction on my card that I didn't do and he said he can't check to verify my details because their systems are still down :( ...its such a mess. I just hope I can get some of my money out of the ATM before its taken from my account..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brightseasons

Just checked my account again some movement they now say that i have a balance of - 4 48 no wages from last thurs and no 200 euros deposited electronically from a company last week my wages due in tonight do you think with the slight movement on my account i may be sorted tow. as it was showing a balance up to today and today a minus 4 . 48. there were direct debits due out of my wages last week, i dont have time to go in , the worst thing i find is the lack of confidence they are instilling on us their customers .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Anyone know if they removed standing orders from peoples accounts? Just checked mine and it is displaying
    There are no standing orders to view.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

100 went out of my account for no reason. Can anyone explain this? I've not used my account and have no DD out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Are transfers working at all? I paid my rent last week it went anyway. I usually transfer money from AIB into a joint account. Would I be better off not doing this at the moment- it is our money for living on. Will direct debits into Ulsterbank savings still go out, even if the money hasn't gone in?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

100 went out of my account for no reason. Can anyone explain this? I've not used my account and have no DD out of it.
    No, but from reading this thread, other people have had similar amounts dissappear for no reason.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Twenty (I think) went out of mine, all I can see is a new balance, no statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭szjon

I no longer have any idea what is missing from my account but there is approx 300 euro gone walkabout somewhere. My available balance is fluctuating almost hourly but only by a few euros either way, very strange.
    Wife still hasn't got her wages from last Thursday and is in Poland with our 3 kids, down to her last tenner but she will be fine. Not so much if she is not paid again this week.
    Money I paid in yesterday at the branch (I know, I know:confused:) has yet to materialise, god alone knows what payments have not been made. I am not bothering to call anyone, I will wait for the letters and hand them over to UB.

All in all this is getting comical and dangerous at the same time. I wish I knew where the executives were right now, I would drive the length of the country for a chance to throw some eggs and flour at the bastards.

This has now gone beyond free overdrafts and associated costs. Compensation is in order for every single customer of this bank. :mad: The entire board should resign, poor, poor show!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I do think some compensation is in order for the inconvenience and extra trips to bank and worry & stress and all the other effects

Ryaner wrote: »
    Anyone know if they removed standing orders from peoples accounts? Just checked mine and it is displaying

Mine disappeared, and appeared few times this week. I cancelled one online, and it came back next day as active.
    Also no statements for me at the moment, only last few transactions on main page. Hope to see there some money tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

Ryaner wrote: »

I had one go out today as well. Although my balance is not reflecting any of the over the counter deposits I have made so its in the negative. The one that went out for me today is from the 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

€40 odd gone from the account today with no transaction to match it. Still no credits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Still waiting on a cheque since last Wednesday to be cleared and wages last Friday. Ugh. Probably still wont be fixed by next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Still no sign of wages that were due since last Tursday :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

Really f***in pissed off with ulster bank at this stage,complete lies sayin they had fixed the problem when its pretty obvious they havnt,some dodgy transactions happening,still waiting for last weeks wages to go through in to my account and il be amazed if i get my wages tomorrow,scandalous

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭Pa Dee

Redundancies put on the backburner for 6 months due to this issue. A lot of crap to try and sort. Complete disaster. Will be tough on a/c holders.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Latest I am hearing is that RBS are considering legal action against CA company for their faulty scheduler tool. They want the focus to be taken off India. Maybe the problem was not India's fault, but if they hadn't outsourced all the jobs and made the expertise redundant, they would probably have been back up and running last week

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Latest I am hearing is that RBS are considering legal action against CA company for their faulty scheduler tool. They want the focus to be taken off India. Maybe the problem was not India's fault, but if they hadn't outsourced all the jobs and made the expertise redundant, they would probably have been back up and running last week

Is that on the register Ally?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

I should also add I cannot see any transactions other than the past 6 historical in the account summary landing page. When I try to do an account statement request the anytime system tells me that it is unavailable. I've not been able to use it since this day last week. I'm assuming it's the same for everybody.

Eoineo wrote: »
    I should also add I cannot see any transactions other than the past 6 historical in the account summary landing page. When I try to do an account statement request the anytime system tells me that it is unavailable. I've not been able to use it since this day last week. I'm assuming it's the same for everybody.

I'm the same today, occasionally I've been able to see statements.
    It also appears my standing orders have been deleted, as it says I've none!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Eoineo wrote: »

Yep. At least for me anyway

Stheno wrote: »
    I'm the same today, occasionally I've been able to see statements.
    It also appears my standing orders have been deleted, as it says I've none!

Same here, but they are back from time to time. No luck with statements. Their message now states start of next week until they will be fully operational. Wondering what they say tomorrow?
    Total fail!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Stheno wrote: »
    Is that on the register Ally?

Put the words " RBS" "sue" and "CA" into Google. Not trying to be clever saying that. I am posting using a mobile phone and too difficult to post a link

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement