Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JABS

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Put the words " RBS" "sue" and "CA" into Google. Not trying to be clever saying that. I am posting using a mobile phone and too difficult to post a link

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/strategy/item/27990-rbs-may-sue-ca-over/

Wouldnt it be better if they fixed the problem first before anything else

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Put the words " RBS" "sue" and "CA" into Google. Not trying to be clever saying that. I am posting using a mobile phone and too difficult to post a link

I did when you first posted and found nothing, got it now though :)

Interesting tactice, one RBS source says they have first to figure out if its an operational error or a flaw in the software.

Diversion from themselves perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Stheno wrote: »
    I did when you first posted and found nothing, got it now though :)

Interesting tactice, one RBS source says they have first to figure out if its an operational error or a flaw in the software.

Diversion from themselves perhaps?

They want to keep India out of the headlines. The Indian outsource company will do anything to save face as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,382 ✭✭✭Tow

They want to keep India out of the headlines. The Indian outsource company will do anything to save face as well

Sounds like media speculation. I don't see there being a court, it would lead to all their processes and procedures etc being laid open to the public.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I had a €1000 overdraft.. but instead of lodging my wages first and then processing the standing orders for the mortgage and bills etc, they've only done the DD's and standing orders.. So.. I'm now at €-970 and I cant take anything more than €30 out of the ATM.

I was better off when they hadnt processed anything yet.

• Advertisement

JABS wrote: »
    http://www.siliconrepublic.com/strategy/item/27990-rbs-may-sue-ca-over/

Wouldnt it be better if they fixed the problem first before anything else

The Indians are in charge of fixing the problem and don't have any business expertise. The people in Dublin and Edinburgh knew the business of banking. Many of them worked in branches. The Indians just see the whole thing as programs jobs and applications to be "forced" through. I am sure they are breaking application dependencies all over the place. No wonder Joe Bloggs can see the cheque he wrote yesterday but not the lodgement he made last week! The Indians are not working to a logical business plan. The people that can do this are all redundant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

went to my local branch in ardee today... was expecting a massive queue... no queue, was a man there to tell me the computers are down and if i was lodging cash to come back on monday. staff where very nie and had to do my lodgement manually-was a cheque- girl was saying she hopes itwill all be back in time for childrens allowance on tuesday, said its a total nightmare

Latest I am hearing is that the CA-7 scheduler tool abended, and HUMAN ERROR was responsible for not fixing this error properly, effectively wiping out OPC (the batch production schedule). If this is true, India is to blame and not CA. That's where outsourcing gets you

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Brink

Ryaner wrote: »
    Ulsterband have been taking care of outbound payments, just not using the interbank clearing system. It is how peoples wages have started showing up even though the UB systems are still down.

They will eventually get everything caught back up, there is so much redundancy in place that things don't really get lost for long. I can only guess that they've pulled hardware from UB to catch back up RBS or Natwest, confirm the fix goes through, then move onto UB. Given that UB operates in Euro while their core systems are Sterling, that would be the safer way to do things. If I was given the choice I'd have gone after Natwest first since they are likely the smaller out of the two UK bits. Get it caught up, check everything works, then start following to RBS and UB.
    I agree.
    I do the accounts for a firm that uses Ulster Bank.
    Wage payments that should have been credited to peoples accounts last Wednesday night/Thursday morning appeared today EXCEPT for people with Ulster Bank accounts.
    I rang the relationship manager and she said this is how they are processing at the moment and if I wanted to do an online wage payment for this week to allow and extra day.
    I chose instead to ask for cash to pay this weeks wages. (It's a small firm)

As for direct debits and standing orders, I received a receipt from the Revenue Commissioners today for a direct debit that was due out on the 25th(monday) so that went out on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Am more than sure my account is missing somewhere between €30-50, will give them the benefit of the doubt until they get it fixed but i know in my heart that all this will not be fixed by Monday.

On another note, staff in local branch were very helpful when i got money out of last weeks wages earlier but to be honest it sounded like the girl who helped me knew as much as i did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

So when will this thing be sorted?

I'm waiting to buy something online, but I'm very weary that it won't go through and I'll either lose the money or that it will just be taken out and not received by the retailer...

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

den87 wrote: »
    Am more than sure my account is missing somewhere between €30-50, will give them the benefit of the doubt until they get it fixed but i know in my heart that all this will not be fixed by Monday.

On another note, staff in local branch were very helpful when i got money out of last weeks wages earlier but to be honest it sounded like the girl who helped me knew as much as i did.

On one of the news flashes that it is going to be wednesday before things will be sorted - just seems they keep pushing the date out

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

IN fairness to Matt Cooper on the last word today he had been the first journalist to address the matter

RTE seem more bothered about Martin McGuinness shaking hands with the Queen and referring to him as a former IRA commander

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I can't access my UB current a/c online at all now. It says as a precaution it has disabled it for ten minutes as a security measure. Apparently, there were repeated attempts to access it in a short space of time on different devices. I only tried to access it once today - from my laptop this morning. Has this happened anyone else today?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭szjon

Shamrok wrote: »
    I can't access my UB current a/c online at all now. It says as a precaution it has disabled it for ten minutes as a security measure. Apparently, there were repeated attempts to access it in a short space of time on different devices. I only tried to access it once today - from my laptop this morning. Has this happened anyone else today?

This was something that was happening to Natwest customers, the bank appeared to be blocking IP addresses. Unplug your router for a few seconds then plug it back in, this will renew your IP.

They were discussing this exact problem on the money saving expert/natwest thread. Afraid I don't have time to wade through all the pages but I think it was in the 60 - 80 pages. (ish)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4026289&page=67

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

May be completely irrelevant but it grabbed my interest in relation to UB and what may have actually happened. Sorry if its already been posted here or in another thread.

http://news.sky.com/story/952931/fraud-ring-in-hacking-attack-on-60-banks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Just seen on facebook

Meteor 20 minutes ago
    We know some of you may be worried about delays with Ulster Bank direct debits. Just to let you know your mobile service will continue as normal while Ulster Bank works to resolve their issues and we will process outstanding payments then

http://www.facebook.com/meteor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Ub customer just got my wages that were due on Monday, can't view account properly though , they are doing something , if they came out with the truth and a proper time fixin the first place, and not leaving the Paddies to last they would still have a rep, now their name is ****e .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

To follow up on one of my previous posts, I got a reply back from the Central Bank, and they confirmed that the process to make a formal complaint is to first write to the bank and if the matter isn't dealt with to the consumer's satisfaction it can then be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

And was I imagining it when I heard on the Six One news today that the deadline is being pushed to out to the middle of next week??

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭prettyrestless

Sorry if this has already been mentioned in this thread! I was supposed to get paid last Friday but still haven't. Someone said to me if I go to UB with a payslip, account details and ID they will be able to give me my wages.

Is this true? And what types of ID do they accept? My passport and driving licence are out of date.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

As i was expecting, from reading various media, my payment didnt go through today, i am fortunate enough that i can afford for it to be delayed for a few days without it causing any financial difficulty but i still intend to clear my account this week of all existing funds. I've only been with them since May and it's been nothing but issues since i opened the account and i just don't have any confidence in them at all, my brother was meant to receive his FIS and his wages last week and he is still waiting on UB to process them.

If UB are telling their customers who go into their branch that computers are down and they are manually processing the withdrawals etc does that not mean the backlog would just be getting longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brethitmanhart

I had 200 euro lodged into my account last wednesday to help support me out here in America, right now I've 10 dollars to my name and no sign of money in Ulster Bank account....they're an absolute disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Are direct debits coming out of Ulster Bank operating normally?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 silentbang

NuMarvel wrote: »

And was I imagining it when I heard on the Six One news today that the deadline is being pushed to out to the middle of next week??

Middle of next week!!!!!
    Im still waiting on last weeks wages, doubt ill get this weeks tomorrow and by the middle of next week ill be owed next weeks!!!!!!! Christ on a bike!!!!

This is bad, its unreal,im just sick at this stage,only joined them 5 weeks ago when i started my new job,gutted i did :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

skydish79 wrote: »
    Great news for those affected in the UK 99% of their accounts are up to date.

Next week for us Paddys

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18590868

Why is it taking an age when it comes to ulster-bank may I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Why is it taking an age when it comes to ulster-bank may I ask?

The reason Natwest/RBS were fixed first.... The UK Gvmt own RBS ... he who pays the piperman.

Also the Irish Central Bank and regulator don't give a monkey's .... have you heard anything from them or the gvmt about this ?

No because they are too busy cosying up to the banks just like they did in 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 teddy6

Are direct debits coming out of Ulster Bank operating normally?

No. I've had 3 direct debits due to be paid this week that did not get processed. Just as well I'm not expecting my wages to come through tomorrow when they're due.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i didnt get paid this week as the company uses UB, got an email yesterday saying it would be a day late and then other email today saying it the UB system was still down and it could arrive anytime.

Why are UB customers at the end of the line for getting things fixed. RBS seen to be focusing on english banks first.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm waiting to buy something online, but I'm very weary that it won't go through and I'll either lose the money or that it will just be taken out and not received by the retailer...

I've had no problems using my UB debit card for on/offline payments. I wouldn't worry overly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

I rang UB today and they told me if i go in with my payslip and photo ID, i'd be able to withdraw some money.
    I get paid monthly so i'm utterly broke at the moment :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement