Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I got paid money yesterday that was lodged a week ago, and this morning I received money that was paid by DD last night.

I hope this means the issues are being sorted. While I'm relieved for myself as I was in desperate need of funds, I feel terrible for everyone else who hasn't had their money issues fixed.

UB need to pull the finger out at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Just checked my online account.
    My wages should have been lodged today.
    This is now the second week this has happened, I am going to have to arrange time off work to get to a branch, and its pissing down.:mad:

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

scotchy wrote: »
    Just checked my online account.
    My wages should have been lodged today.
    This is now the second week this has happened, I am going to have to arrange time off work to get to a branch, and its pissing down.:mad:

Surely there is a branch near you that is open till 6? Or one of the Saturday opening branches?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

Be aware, no doubt the same will be done for Ulster Bank

Scammers phish for NatWest clients

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/business-news/scammers-phish-for-natwest-clients-16178281.html

wonski wrote: »
    Changed job this month (well not a job, but different company pays me now), so had no money coming in for a while. Previous payslips were sent by email, now need to get the new one in the office... Not a major issue here.
    I have to say i like your attitude, but i am not that calm when it comes to mistakes like this, and we agree in principle that not much WE can do at this stage.

Just read that AIB people don't get their wages now...(while employees with different banks get paid)

quote from indy:
    The bank is understood to be using AIB to process payments for those due to be paid at the end of the week -- but it admitted that this will not cover everyone.

Now, seems like they dragged AIB into it???

best of luck with the new job! :)

Do you mean that they are contracting out their payroll to AIB??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

gatecrash wrote: »
    No one is saying that this isn't a huge issue, and maybe it's a bit naive of me to think it, but surely the other banks, given the extenuating circumstances, would oblige. And if they did charge a healthy interest rate, UB will have to pony up the cash. They have been at pains to assure people that no one will be out of pocket. So far they've kept their word (apart from the moveable feast that is the timescale of the fix that is!! :D) in giving people access to money. My mortgage is with BOI, i rang them yesterday to give them a heads up, they were fine about it.

Actually , all their communication is that ' THEIR CUSTOMERS WILL NOT LOSE OUT'

I imagine if in some weeks time you go to UB with a bill for interest/DD bouncing charge etc from another bank your answer will be a resounding silence. And your bank won't care .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Eoineo wrote: »
    Morning all. Just confirming what most of us are expecting. No wages or family income supplement again today. So that's last week's & this week's payments in thin air.

Tuesday is the next milestone, when child benefit is due to be paid in.

We are now in a position where we cannot even take the slightest risk that next week's wages won't be credited on time & so we will have to look into opening another account elsewhere.

I don't understand where you are getting this from? I have been able to go to a branch, with my payslip, and withdraw money.

The bank are giving people access to their money. You know how much you recieved from payslips and so on. You know how much you have withdrawn. You know what S/O's and DD's have come out, as they are monthly amounts. Simple maths will tell you how much you have left.

Yes there is a huge problem, but people wringing their hands crying 'oh woe is me' when it doesn't take a person with the maths ability of a kid in first class to work out how much is left in their accounts annoy me.

I'm well aware of how much should be in the account. I'm not wringing my hands crying but yes I am stressed out by this.

Cash flow is the issue. I want to be able to use a debit/laser card for purchases & withdrawing cash. I can't have access to the cash without trekking to the closest branch which is 20km away.

I have zero confidence in UB's assertions that it will be fixed by early next week due to their sequence of broken promises.

So yes for cash flow issues I feel we have no option other than to arrange for an account elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

best of luck with the new job! :)

Do you mean that they are contracting out their payroll to AIB??

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/beleaguered-ulster-bank-admits-pay-problems-to-run-into-next-week-3151629.html

Not sure if indy made it up or not...

Cleared my savings from Ulster Bank yesterday. Moved to PTSB. Staff in UB call centre and branch were a pleasure to deal with and couldn't have been more helpful arranging for the cash to be made available. Felt like a hood walking around with so much money. Got the impression that the staff are shell shocked. Leaving my current and credit cards where they are for the moment until all the credits come through and this settles down. Very very impressed by PTSB, and in particular their online system which was up and running before I left the branch ! In fact I was able to use a PC in the branch to run through it and see my balance on-line within 5mins of the account being opened and the money handed over.

Did initially try to lodge it to BOI but your wan was a bag of problems. Last straw was not being able to lodge the money on the same day as the account opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Surely there is a branch near you that is open till 6? Or one of the Saturday opening branches?

Im in work now. I finish at 7pm. Im in James street. From what I can see on UB web site the nearest branch is Camden street.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Monthly wages due today, nothing in my account :(

I'm well aware I can go to a branch and take out money, however my rent is more than the 500 they are letting people take out, so kinda useless really.

Thankfully other than rent, my direct debits are all charities. So not really going to get into any trouble for those not going through. Meteor have already said they are delaying debits so thats no issue either.

What I really have a problem with is the length of time this is taking to fix. It just seems ridiculous thats its taking so long.

I'm well aware of how much should be in the account. I'm not wringing my hands crying but yes I am stressed out by this.

Cash flow is the issue. I want to be able to use a debit/laser card for purchases & withdrawing cash. I can't have access to the cash without trekking to the closest branch which is 20km away.

I have zero confidence in UB's assertions that it will be fixed by early next week due to their sequence of broken promises.

So yes for cash flow issues I feel we have no option other than to arrange for an account elsewhere.

I'm sure certain that UB are going to lose customers over this, but unfortunately this is one of those times when people just have to go with it unti they (the bank) get it sorted.

We are essentially banking as if it was 30 years ago, where the only access to cash was to visit a branch. And it's a big problem. But it will be fixed, eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

I'm sure certain that UB are going to lose customers over this, but unfortunately this is one of those times when people just have to go with it unti they (the bank) get it sorted.

We are essentially banking as if it was 30 years ago, where the only access to cash was to visit a branch. And it's a big problem. But it will be fixed, eventually.
    I'm not closing the account. Nor am I stopping all credits. All I'm doing is arranging for 2 of the payments to go elsewhere which may not be a bad idea anyway. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but if we had another account we wouldn't be half as stressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,382 ✭✭✭Tow

Cuauhtemoc wrote: »
    Our company banks with Ulsterbank and after speaking to them they said any same day transfer requests would go through immediately.
    Our payroll did this and the funds were in my account pretty much straight away.

These cost almost €20 (€18.38?) a go...

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭acotone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Ok, my commercial bank account, while stuck on 20th June, is showing a balance which has gone up, with more transactions uncleared. No transactions listed, just a different balance.

Something happened overnight, but its still far from being sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

No one is saying that this isn't a huge issue, and maybe it's a bit naive of me to think it, but surely the other banks, given the extenuating circumstances, would oblige. And if they did charge a healthy interest rate, UB will have to pony up the cash. They have been at pains to assure people that no one will be out of pocket. So far they've kept their word (apart from the moveable feast that is the timescale of the fix that is!! :D) in giving people access to money. My mortgage is with BOI, i rang them yesterday to give them a heads up, they were fine about it.

Can you guarantee then that if my credit card bill does not get paid that Ulster Bank will pay the 18% interest or whatever it is???

I'm not closing the account. Nor am I stopping all credits. All I'm doing is arranging for 2 of the payments to go elsewhere which may not be a bad idea anyway. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but if we had another account we wouldn't be half as stressed.

Apologies, i picked you up incorrectly earlier on.

Can you guarantee then that if my credit card bill does not get paid that Ulster Bank will pay the 18% interest or whatever it is???

Of course i can. No problem at all.

Tow wrote: »

If you quoted the whole post, you would see it is free at this moment. Prbably UB incentive to help employers out...
    Originally Posted by Cuauhtemoc
    This may or may not help some people.
    Our company banks with Ulsterbank and after speaking to them they said any same day transfer requests would go through immediately.
    Our payroll did this and the funds were in my account pretty much straight away.
    Visa debit card accepted at atms/shops etc.
    We're a small company so maybe easier for us than big companies but this may be of use to some people.
    Also apparently won't be any extra charges for using this facility.
    Lot of posts here so may have missed someone posting this already.
    Also haven't heard it mentioned on the airwaves or elsewhere.

C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Wife's monthly wages due last Monday . Nothing.
    My biweekly wages due today.
    Nothing.
    All direct debits and mortgage (also with UB) due Friday and monday!
    What am I going to do ?
    Nothing.
    If the direct debits go they go . If they don't I'll be putting the onus on UB to sort it.
    Maybe this is the wrong attitude but I can't be arsed queuing to argue with someone that I should be entitled to withdraw as much of MY wages as I want . Not the 500 they will allow me to. I would just get angry :(
    Live off the credit card till then. So the likes of the local fruit &veg shop where I always go will suffer as they deal in cash only.
    And what are the govt doing to help?
    Nothing

i was wondering how long it'd take for that....

The answer is no, i know no-one working for UB. I'm just an inconvienenced customer, who accepts that these things can happen from time to time.

This things happen from time to time ????? you are having a laugh .

I have been banking since 1976 and I have never heard of such a thing EVER.

I think a cock up of this magnitude is unprecedented . The communication from UB's upper mgmt is terrible / totally non-existent and also they have lied to us on a number of occasions .

The staff in the branches are working their hearts out , they deserve nothing but praise , however the upper mgmt should all be sacked and never work in the banking industry again ( it won't happen I imagine they will all get lovely bonuses , while the staff get pay cuts )

Banking Computer systems HAVE to be totally reliable and be trusted , after all what is banking based on , TRUST . You trust that the bank will look after your money.

UB ( RBS ) I think have lost that trust . I think the Central Bank/Regulator should demand an explaination , they should fine UB MILLLONS and perhaps if within their power put them on a form of probation , one more cock up like this they lose their licence . Of course this won't happen , the Regulator/Central bank will call them into their office and open a nice bottle of wine and laugh at how they ' worked it all out in the end '

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

Of course i can. No problem at all.

Either you can give people a source for this guarantee or you can't. This is a serious situation and the last thing people need to read is bad information that Ulster bank will reimburse people for penaly interest accrued elsewhere.

Do you honestly believe Ulster bank will start paying out dribbles of interest, quibble free, once the hue and cry has died down.

This opening of branches is a damage limitation PR exercise and nothing more, once the media move on, which hey are already doing, the goodwill will scale back, solution or no solution.

Tow wrote: »

Cuahtemoc is obviously a valued employee. Very valued.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

Ok, my commercial bank account, while stuck on 20th June, is showing a balance which has gone up, with more transactions uncleared. No transactions listed, just a different balance.

Something happened overnight, but its still far from being sorted.
    i also hae a commercial ub account, nothing has changed at all on mine since 20th june, its hard enough to run a business with out the uncertainity of knowing when this will be sorted out

Hibernicis wrote: »
    Cuahtemoc is obviously a valued employee. Very valued.........

Well, he mentioned that these transfers were made for free...
    He tried to put some helpful info, so someone can spread the word in their payroll departments. Of course contact has to be made with Ulsterbank to confirm it is free...

Davidth88 wrote: »
    This things happen from time to time ?????

This is exactly the issue. These things DO happen from time to time. In every organisation/system. And then they get fixed in a timely manner under the control of competent management who are well prepared and have the skills knowledge and experience to recognise the severity and extent of the problem and what is required to fix it. RBS have failed on every count. There are very serious corporate governance issues here. I hope this will come to light when the BOE/FSA conduct their thorough enquiry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Nothing. Absolutely nothing :mad::mad::mad:

I'm going away next weekend, this crap sure as hell better be sorted by then.

Hibernicis wrote: »
    This is exactly the issue. These things DO happen from time to time. In every organisation/system. And then they get fixed in a timely manner under the control of competent management who are well prepared and have the skills knowledge and experience to recognise the severity and extent of the problem and what is required to fix it. RBS have failed on every count. There are very serious corporate governance issues here. I hope this will come to light when the BOE/FSA conduct their thorough enquiry.

You are right of course , this should have been picked up and fixed within 24hrs .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

I think somebody mentioned this a few pages ago but ill echo it again

THIS IS A LOAD OF BOLLOX

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement