Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

Can't wait for the lovely conversations I am going to have to have with my relationship manager over the next couple of weeks. Just hoping that they will honour all the cheques etc. I have had to write as I can't figure out what payments have gone in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 spow

Good news a cheque lodged Tuesday 19th June is finally showing on my account but cannot be drawn as it looks like the 5 day clearing time only starts from today!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JABS

Tow wrote: »
    Over on the Mainland (who are now backup and running!) it appears that RBS has lost the payment narrative fields, there is going to be some fun reconciling payments.

Wow thats going to be fun for our accountants trying to do our books and not knowing who paid us or who we have paid. Yet another knock on cost of this blunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,382 ✭✭✭Tow

JABS wrote: »
    Wow thats going to be fun for our accountants trying to do our books and not knowing who paid us or who we have paid. Yet another knock on cost of this blunder.

Here is what they say about it:
    RBS Moderator June 26, 2012 1:52 PM

You may see transactions placed on your account today (26 June 2012) that display a description of "RBS TRANS 220612". We're working on a solution right now that will allow us to supply you with the additional transaction description, if you don't recognise the transaction.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

I wondr will that information be automatically assigned to these tranactions or will we have to request the information on each transaction???

The plot thickens, fun times ahead :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

Don't worry, RTE and a few cheer leaders on here seem to thing we will all be looked after by the nice people in the bank, because the nice bank said we will not be out of pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

From Ulster Bank "help" page -
    Message updated: Thursday 28th June 2012, 08:45am
    Ulster Bank can confirm that we continue to experience a major technical issue which is resulting in a delay in processing certain payments and we apologise unreservedly for this.

So as we thought, its not really fixed at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

I've only been slightly inconvenienced by all this and I am greatly annoyed, so I can only imagine how some of you are feeling. My sympathies to those who've been impacted upon to a greater extent than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Just off the phone with my local branch after realising I have 3 missed lodgements.
    The gal on the other end was more than helpful, within her capacity seeing as this seems almost as frustrating to front of house staff as it is to some customers as they haven't a clue what's going on, but admitted that although the "experts" are giving them the line that all will be better by Monday she's not holding out hope as all deadlines are plucked form thin air!!!

Reassuring to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I've only been slightly inconvenienced by all this and I am greatly annoyed, so I can only imagine how some of you are feeling. My sympathies to those who've been impacted upon to a greater extent than me.

Thanks, the thing is the longer it lasts, the more people get affected.
    I didn't bother last week, but now...
    The company made me permanent at the start of the month, received final week pay and holiday pay from agency, and had to get on this for a month. Then you expect some reward at the end of the month, and see nothing.
    Rent/mechanic/bills all come at the end of the month - fortunately the landlord himself is more than patient, but why do i have to go through it again?
    It was only about two months ago when ATM failed, and weekpay was lost for few days. Now this! If i can't rely on my bank, then what to do with my money? Very nice of them i can take my 500E of them, they worked hard to earn it, didn't they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Over on the Mainland

Mainland????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Went into the branch and got my €500. he would have given me more if it wasnt my first paycheck.

He said ATMs would be back to normal on Saturday but I doubt it thats the first time Ive heard Saturday. Also his computer was fairly useless to him and the 500 was done on paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Just spent my lunch break walking to my nearest UB to get my wages.

I’m in work till 7, so late opening no good to me.

Will I be reimbursed my lunch break?
    :rolleyes:

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Has anyone called/been in to the branch to ask why current payments are still being considered as 'backlog' if the glitch is apparently fixed? Tried myself and just got talked around, didn't have any more time to waste on to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭Nermal

Over on the Mainland (who are now backup and running!) it appears that RBS has lost the payment narrative fields, there is going to be some fun reconciling payments.

Wow... that's incredibly bad. If that information is gone forever, the scale of this problem has expanded. By a lot.

scotchy wrote: »
    Will I be reimbursed my lunch break?
    :rolleyes:

YES. Just take note of the date and times in question. Write to your nearest UB branch and in 28 - 42 days you will receive a voucher for a tea and sandwich in your local spar. But if they loose your letter it could take considerably longer. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Loosing your lunch break is just another knock effect of this whole issue that will never be compensated for, together with worries, anxiety and stress that cant be quantified for compensation.

The upside and least you have funds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Has anyone else had the problem of standing orders and direct debits going out yesterday, but wages from last week still not going in??

Trotter wrote: »
    Has anyone else had the problem of standing orders and direct debits going out yesterday, but wages from last week still not going in??

Seems to be happening to a few people alright. UB claim credits to your account will take place before debits but its not necessarily the case. I think really is what you see on your statement doesnt in anyway reflect your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭heliocentrist

Trotter wrote: »

Yes, DD for health insurance was taken yesterday but still no credit for payment that went in Wednesday last week.:rolleyes:

"Working through the backlog"...

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

I've had the opposite happen to me, must be just lucky. Boss transferred my salary yesterday from AIB and it was in my UB account first thing this morning. On the other hand a DD that was due to go out about 3-4 days ago still hasn't gone out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

My other half isn't with UB but her employer is.

She got paid a day early (presumably because she's with AIB and they are helping UB out with the processing of monthly payroll).

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RoverZT

YES. Just take note of the date and times in question. Write to your nearest UB branch and in 28 - 42 days you will receive a voucher for a tea and sandwich in your local spar. But if they loose your letter it could take considerably longer. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Loosing your lunch break is just another knock effect of this whole issue that will never be compensated for, together with worries, anxiety and stress that cant be quantified for compensation.

The upside and least you have funds.

Are they being punished for this mess?

They should be fined 5 million a day, for every day this mess goes on.

Are companies who pay our wages getting paid by there customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/ulster-bank-tech-glitch-bnotb-caused-by-technician-in-india-556978.html

"Ulster Bank has denied reports that a massive technical glitch on their system was caused by a technician in India.

Earlier, the bank confirmed that customers would continue to face problems with their accounts until next Monday.

. . . . RBS will not comment on reports that their systems failed because of a fault made by a technician based in India.

However, head of branch banking at Ulster Bank Jim Ryan said the technical problems were confined to the UK.

"The error is an error on the island of the UK where our technical infrastructure resides," he said. "

Yeah, whatever! Just bludy sort it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

a transaction has appeared for the 21st of june, thats the first movement on my statement on a full week

whelan1 wrote: »
    a transaction has appeared for the 21st of june, thats the first movement on my statement on a full week

I second that. Merchant services credit and a cheque debit both dated 21st June . At least its something

If they bank with UB then no is the answer there is no money going in or out of business accounts either.

Eblana12 wrote: »
    If they bank with UB then no is the answer there is no money going in or out of business accounts either.

Check your account now. I believe whelan1 is a business ac holder also and both of us have had transactions processed, all be it only one day but its a start.

Check your account now. I believe whelan1 is a business ac holder also and both of us have had transactions processed, all be it only one day but its a start.

Yip you are right - payments for the 21st have gone out but nothing in so far!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

chasm wrote: »

"The error is an error on the island of the UK where our technical infrastructure resides," he said. "
    He's a bare faced liar. I hope Central bank doesn't listen to his bullsh!t. They need to examine all banks in Republic and examining what they are all doing to outsource their IT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 mimsy

Eblana12 wrote: »

My husband's employer confirmed that the salaries were deducted from their Ulster bank business account Tuesday for payment today. I have yet to see the funds hit our non Ulster account though. Hopefully overnight clearing will resolve this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement