Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

silentbang wrote: »
    Out of interest, has anyone complained in writing to Ulsterbank or any other agency ie. Regulator about this? Are we just complaining among ourselves or should we find a contact address where we can all send an email of complaint, so at least we know at the very least they'll have heard from us on boards.ie......

I emailed my local Labour TD. Fat lot of good it will do, but the Government's done sod all on this, other than take UB at their word, which has proved to be pure bs thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭emo72

Ub was planning on ending its free banking and introducing fees. I hope they plan to knock that idea on the head.

The one thing that a bank must have is confidence. Tell me punk, do you feel confident in Ub? Do ya?

When confidence goes in a bank its finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Ally Dick wrote: »
    He's a bare faced liar. I hope Central bank doesn't listen to his bullsh!t. They need to examine all banks in Republic and examining what they are all doing to outsource their IT

Don't worry they don't listen to or do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I only moved from AIB last month since they brought in charges - maybe it is true then, you DO get what you pay for!

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭jjd

Can anyone reccomend a good alternative as i would like to change my bank when this is all over
    Nothing fancy just a laser card and 1 DD
    Been left entirely out in the cold with this
    wicklow branch not opening late cant go during the day as im at work normally pay the mortage by transfer to to my wife's accnt in BOI but ulsterbanks website is not working so cant do an electronic transfer & i simply dont trust ulsterbank to use my credit card to withdraw cash
    any ideas about rabbo bank can i do the usual bits n bobs that you can with an actual physical bank ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Hi jjd,
    Fed up with this mess as well and contacted EBS about Moneymanager account - debit card and five free atm transactions per month if you if you fulfill a few conditions - already have an account with them so no fuss getting organised, should be sorted by tomorrow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Thread TL:DR

In local branch this morning, queue of 50+ to take out cash, most were leaving as soon as they saw the queue. If you brought in your wage slip they let you take out cash if your account was showing none.

People walking out with wads of 50s though, I understand the reason, to have it handy but that can't be safe. I can see pick pockets and muggings sky rocketing outside UBs over the coming days.

Told the girl my wage slip would not arrive till Monday and she was happy that my record showed I'd be paid on this day every month and would allow me to draw out a bit.

Telling everyone that it is meant to be sorted by Monday/Tuesday but her understanding is that it wouldn't be back to normal until the close of business on Tuesday and there is a good chance I wouldn't see my wages till then.

They keep telling me my credit rating won't be affected but so far there are a couple of bills and debts owed that I have not been able to pay. Credit rating be damned, it's the people I meet on a regular basis that I have to face that is embarassing me, luckily all have been good to me but it leaves me ill at ease owing money for longer than necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭jjd

CramCycle wrote: »
    People walking out with wads of 50s though, I understand the reason, to have it handy but that can't be safe. I can see pick pockets and muggings sky rocketing outside UBs over the coming days.
    Hadent thought of that gangs of ****ebags waiting around for the oldtimers to come to the branch to get some loot

thanks Bravo for the thoughts about EBS alwas thought of them more savings than bank

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

RoverZT wrote: »
    JABS wrote: »
    YES. Just take note of the date and times in question. Write to your nearest UB branch and in 28 - 42 days you will receive a voucher for a tea and sandwich in your local spar. But if they loose your letter it could take considerably longer. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Loosing your lunch break is just another knock effect of this whole issue that will never be compensated for, together with worries, anxiety and stress that cant be quantified for compensation.

The upside and least you have funds.

Are they being punished for this mess?

They should be fined 5 million a day, for every day this mess goes on.

Are companies who pay our wages getting paid by there customers?

Why would UB be fined its a error from RBS not UB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭phormium

I made a lodgement last Wednesday lunchtime, 20th, there is still no sign of it. I was hopeful after reading here transactions of 21st were going through. Their system had only been off a couple of hours and they were using manual dockets, I was not offered a receipt but fortunately due to the teller being unable to figure out what change to give me (lodging €415, gave in €500) and asking me how much I should get back I decided to ask for a receipt, hopefully it will show up soon.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Girl who works with me is friends with a girl in my local branch. She told me today that this girl informed her that they have all of last weeks transactions to put through yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Be well and win

Ulster Bank doesn't have any systems of it's own, they were all integrated with RBS back in 06 or 07. Re the poster who said UB sold it's DR servers, of course they probably did, they were no longer needed since RBS were supposed to be managing that now.

on the backlog, since their systems broke down on Tuesday night, anything from Monday of last week will have already posted, likewise anything from Tuesday is either posted or queued up to be posted and hence the backlog starts at anything that went over the counter last Wednesday week.

I can see direct debits from Thursday posting to my account now

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JABS

Girl who works with me is friends with a girl in my local branch. She told me today that this girl informed her that they have all of last weeks transactions to put through yet.

The only transactions that are seemingly being processed are electronic such as direct debits or cheques presented from another bank. All manual transactions are still sitting in our local branches. We were told that they will be processed when the branch systems are fully functional. At the moment the teller in the bank has about as much access to our accounts as we have........ None. They can see previous transactions as most of us can through online banking, hence why they can advance ac holders with regular lodgements such as wages. As for processing lodgements or electronically withdrawing from your account????? NADA

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Alive063

• Registered Users Posts: 43 johnc12

JABS wrote: »
    In the same boat as you guys. Balance has changed slightly for the worst but only transactions from the 20th showing. Its extremely frustrating. Spoke to account manager again this morning. She now seems to think that any cheques or D/D's presented against the account will be honoured and cleared while it wont reflect on the account balance. But TBH I really dont think any of them know at this stagewhat is going on and that they are just echoing what they are being told.

The front of house staff are troopers, like in any industry its always the public facing employees that deal with the brunt of any problem and they are always the least paid employees. As for the back of house, account managers etc????? Asked my account manager on Monday was it a rough weekend being in branch all weekend. The response I got ...... "Well it wasnt for me because I wasnt here, it was just the tellers at the desk, sure theres nothing I can do to help"

I think you may be right to a certain extent on this, but some people are receiving the odd transaction into their account.

Everything is coming out of my account, it's just not showing up. I know because all my bills are showing up as paid but my balance hasn't changed.

Does anyone know if the transaction details will be recovered? I had to payments due last week on the same day for the same amount. They are both saying they paid but only one is showing up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

There's an article on rte.ie, the chief executive has finally given his first interview and apologised.

I'm on my phone so if someone can link to it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

There's an article on rte.ie, the chief executive has finally given his first interview and apologised.

It's a very small article and it does and says **** all about anything.personally I think the 100,000 customers should be offered some form of compensation when this is all over.
    I could get over a glitch for a few days but this is an absolute disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carssou

phormium wrote: »
    Thanks, so I think that the electronic backup would be done on Monday/Tuesday but the manual transactions would take more time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

all sounds funny to me, it happened just when banks were downgraded, i wonder was this it thing an excuse,
    just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

While they are sorting this mess up they might even sort out the extra TRS credit people are due since the last budget :(

Looks like it will be another couple of weeks before manual transactions are fully put through if they are looking for staff to start on Monday 2nd July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I want to go into my branch and withdraw the money in my account but I need some advice. If I bring in a copy/print out of the paypal page where I transferred 300 to my account (which is not yet showing up in my account but has been marked as "completed" on paypal all week) will they give me this 300 euros? I really need the money by the end of next week to pay for something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

goat2 wrote: »
    all sounds funny to me, it happened just when banks were downgraded, i wonder was this it thing an excuse,
    just a thought

an excuse for what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Trampas

Have the staff got their wages paid into their bank account on time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Trampas wrote: »

why don't you ask the stressed out cashiers when you're next in.................

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Trampas wrote: »

I had a bit of a giggle in the bank today getting some of my wages manually.

I used work in Ulster BAnk, they get paid on the 18th of the month, so their pay went through as normal.

Couldn't have been timed better from that perspective.

I'd to queue for 45 mins due to the amount of people in there today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

crazygeryy wrote: »

It's a very small article and it does and says **** all about anything.personally I think the 100,000 customers should be offered some form of compensation when this is all over.
    I could get over a glitch for a few days but this is an absolute disgrace.

If 100,000 customers are affected if they were to go down the cash compensation route then it would cost them €1m for every tenner they gave to each customer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

1966 wrote: »
    why don't you ask the stressed out cashiers when you're next in.................
    was in local branch yesterday, was getting sterling cash changed to euro... got acall this morning from the cashier wanting to know how much she had given meas her "till" didnt add up at the end of the day, i assume if the computers where working there would be no need for this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement