Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Walkman wrote: »
    Trust me they are recording those manual withdrawals. I work for a bank (not UB) and we have a system called customer interactions that's seperate from the others. This is used to record any manual movements on accounts in such instances as UB have. Cashiers are recording those withdrawals. Go into another branch and they'll see you've already got money out.

Even if they're not, the transactions will all be reconciled when the systems come back online and then you'll be up the swannie!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

Vicxas wrote: »
    Same, i lodged 250 euro to cover some DD's that were coming out. Still havent seen it lodged.

Some people have been telling me that if you're really stuck you can go into UB with ID and your payslip and they will give you the amount?

Sounds farfetched.....

It's not, if you read anywhere in this thread or their website you would know this was true

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭danois

Has anyone received last weeks fis yet? Im an ub customer still nothing. Everything i withdrew is showing up just nothing at all in yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Nope im still showing as being overdrawn

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Gigi_Glee

Still no wages or DDs showing up...
    Spoke to CS agent this morning, and she said that the head honchos seem more confident about having everything running by start of week...but I'll believe it when i see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Over a week of waiting for last Thursday's pay :-(

I'm going to get my pay put in to a different bank this Thursday and when this shambles is over I am closing my Ulster Bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭phormium

rameire wrote: »
    Of course they will, they were around before computers were invented, if they couldn't count back then they wouldnt be here now.

Back then there was not the reliance on computers, I made a lodgement on the 20th, no sign of it yet, but teller was unable to figure out what change to give me manually, handed in 500, wanted to lodge 415, eventually asked me to confirm what I should get back, was not offered a receipt for the lodgement but not filled with confidence by the transaction decided to ask for one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Went into bank (well OH did!) and lodged money for DD's, teller told her money would not show in account until around tuesday but DD's should go out regardless of whether there's money in the account or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

phormium wrote: »
    Back then there was not the reliance on computers, I made a lodgement on the 20th, no sign of it yet, but teller was unable to figure out what change to give me manually, handed in 500, wanted to lodge 415, eventually asked me to confirm what I should get back, was not offered a receipt for the lodgement but not filled with confidence by the transaction decided to ask for one anyway.

Find this hard to believe. Why would you hand in 500 if you only wanted to lodge 415? You surely would of handed in 450 at the most??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭phormium

Well it's true, I was lodging to someone else's account and they had given me an envelope with 500 in it and I was to pay 85 off their credit card in post office as well with the change. True 450 would have done to hand in but I just handed in the contents of the envelope which was all 50's.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

no deposits (cash & cheques) showing since 20th June

9 days...

I can deal with a problem, I hate Lies.

UB will lose my 4 Accounts not through misfortune but due to their Lies

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I got paid this morning into my UBL account. I got paid last Friday evening into my UBL account. My employer banks with AIB.

So..... *neeeeeeeeeeeeenerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

my friend wrote: »
    no deposits (cash & cheques) showing since 20th June

9 days...

I can deal with a problem, I hate Lies.

UB will lose my 4 Accounts not through misfortune but due to their Lies

Same way as I feel. Lies and also i believe they have been very lax with dealing with the backlog. 9 days and salary not appearing in my account is just off the richter scale. They clearly did not put enough resources into clearing the backlog.

Their strategy has been a blitz of press releases saying how they are open longer to deal with the problem and it will be all correct by x date (which has proven to be wrong at least 4 times). This strategy worked by keeping the media on side, which was their main aim (damage limitation). However, the customers affected are being screwed all the while because they've made a pathetic effort at actually updating the backlog.

Not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

My employer uses UB but I'm AIB, I didn't get paid today, I'm gonna cry. Will I be waiting weeks for this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

smilerxxx wrote: »
    My employer uses UB but I'm AIB, I didn't get paid today, I'm gonna cry. Will I be waiting weeks for this

I work in a company that banks with UB. We were due to be paid on Monday ..... still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

No FIS & no Wages again today.
    No change.
    Ulster Bank customer. Employer with BoI.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

None of my family were paid either, boyfriend, sister, parents. It's going to be a tough time. So the only thing that can be done is wait it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭boscoroxx

I made a payment to my UB credit card from my current account on the 19th June and it still hasn't reached the credit card.

I'd love to know what back log they are apparently working through.

I contacted customer care yesterday and the agent informed me that their systems have been frozen since last Thursday 21st. This was done in order to process the payments recieved until then. So that they won't have a back log once the systems are up and running.

Was supposed to be paid yesterday into the account and there's no sign.
    Card payemnts made over the weekend still are not showing.

Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Wasn't paid today (monthly paid) and the wife hasn't been paid now for two weeks.
    Not really worried about it though. It will be sorted eventually and I won't be out of pocket, so no biggie really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭barry181091

New interesting article on issue: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/06/28/rbs_job_cuts_and_offshoring_software_glitch/

What's that classic term that is used for things like this....ah yes! A false economy :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

While I do believe there is more to this issue than meets the eye, I find it hard to believe the doom merchants spreading fear. If Ulster Bank was on the verge of collapse, would they really be paying out cash in the branches to anyone with a payslip? And still paying DD's? I doubt it tbh.

One can only hope they are on the verge of sorting this mess out, if it drags out any further they seriously risk a mass exodus.

Last chance saloon for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭themiso

If I make transaction with my visa I can see it online, but still no wages for last 2 weeks. I am far from any Ulster bank branch and do not have car (no public transport here, its only AIB and BOI in town). What do they do in cases like this?

Also it seems to me Ulster Bank customers are treated like second class over RBS and NatWest.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

my atm w/ds are all showing up to date, and a payment from savings into current at the 24th is showing up
    no wages from tuesday though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

themiso wrote: »
    If I make transaction with my visa I can see it online, but still no wages for last 2 weeks. I am far from any Ulster bank branch and do not have car (no public transport here, its only AIB and BOI in town). What do they do in cases like this?

A previous poster was in a similar situation, so Ulster Bank paid for a taxi to pick them up and bring them to the nearest branch, and bring them home.

See this post - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79443353.

If you give your branch a shout, maybe they'll do the same for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Still nothing. Kids piggy banks are starting to run dry. I can't download any new books to my Kindle. Can't pay my coal bill, my rent or my childs playschool bill. Fortunately everyone is understanding but they shouldn't have to be put into this situation.

This time last week I had every confidence in UB that they would have this sorted and this mess would be a distant memory by now! How foolish of me! Now every morning I log on I have no faith that my money is going to be there. So, so disappointed with UB

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Chuckler

Eoineo wrote: »
    No FIS & no Wages again today.
    No change.
    Ulster Bank customer. Employer with BoI.
    Just go in, take cash out, contact ppl whom you have dd to and tell them payment in limbo. UB to sort out the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

I just withdrew my savings via draft and lodged them with PTSB.

Like others it's the incorrect infromation they've been handing out.

To have a crash is unlucky.
    To have either no Disaster Recovery or one that doesn't work is beyond bad.
    To give out three dates when the issue will be fixed and be wrong on all three is beyond bad again.

They had their chance but today was the last straw.

When the dust settles on my current account Ill close that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

I can't download any new books to my Kindle.

What is the next step beyond a first world problem?
    ;)
    Joking!

I have gone the whole hog and moved to PTSB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭heliocentrist

Maybe someone with better knowledge of the area could clarify this, but since they came out earlier in the week saying that they hoped to have the backlog cleared by the start of next week, my impression has been that we won't see any payments until this weekend?

Going by what one poster was told by customer service above, it seems they need to manually process the transactions for the period of their system fault, but any transactions after that (since Thursday of last week when they say they fixed the issue?) will be automatically put through. So in theory once the manual transactions are done, the rest should fall in line fairly quickly?

Is that just being hopeful?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement