Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brightseasons

How can they come out with these statements do they think none of us can use the internet and research if there statements are true , pity someone does not have an idea on how to set up some sort of facebook page that people can check out these statements as I realise we are only a small percentage of ppl. on here. Its the lies I cant abide so frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

It's been 8 days for me, not a single credit showing. Not liking the PR spin at all, it's a million miles from the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

saffron22 wrote: »
    The bank has said that "the bulk" of salary payments are up-to-date, but that some customers may still experience a delay in receiving pay.

The bulk?. Has anyone here received their salary yet?

I think they are talking about monthly pay to non UB accounts which was done for them by AIB I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Just been into my local branch there to take out the rent money. They let me take 1k.

Obviously this is not reflected on my account online. It still says €10!

Im keeping track of everything on a spreadsheet so I know exactly how much money I really have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Panrich

Chuckler wrote: »
    JUST SPOKE TO UB IN CORK WHO TOLD ME THAT THE PROCESS IS TAKING EVEN LONGER NOW THAN EXPECTED - could be next month before this mess is sorted out

:eek:

That would be the end of Ulster Bank if true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Is there some connection between Independent Newspapers and Ulster Bank?

On independent.ie homepage, guess what the only headline/link on this currently is :

"60 Ulster Bank branches to remain open over weekend" - They're actually putting a positive spin on it !!!!!

They must share senior board members, or something. If it were a Public body (Dept of Social Protection or Revenue), the Independent would be crucifying them for the past week.

Why the easy ride for Ulster Bank from Independent Newspapers ? (and RTE aren't exactly crucifying them either).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

JUST SPOKE TO UB IN CORK WHO TOLD ME THAT THE PROCESS IS TAKING EVEN LONGER NOW THAN EXPECTED - could be next month before this mess is sorted out

Just to clarify, is the text in bold what UB in Cork told you, or your own personal opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

RichT wrote: »
    Just to clarify, is the text in bold what UB in Cork told you, or your own personal opinion?

either way, next week is next month anyway, so that's the same as the latest Ulster Bank lie statement.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Eblana12 wrote: »
    I think they are talking about monthly pay to non UB accounts which was done for them by AIB I believe.

That hardly equates to the bulk of payments tho, i would imagine the majority are UB account holders awaiting for their wages to come into UB.

Just seen this on breaking news.

"29/06/2012 - 08:07:48
    The Central Bank said it is "concerned by the unacceptable delays" in resolving technical issues which have caused a huge backlog of transactions at Ulster Bank.

In a statement issued last night the Central Bank said it has been in daily contact with Ulster Bank since the problem came to light last week, and it is concerned about the impact the delay in fixing the fault is having on customers.

"The Central Bank of Ireland is concerned by the unacceptable continuing delays by Ulster Bank in fully resolving the failure of its payment system and the consequent impact on its customers," the statement said.

"The Central Bank is working with the UK Financial Services Authority and the Bank of England in investigating the root cause of the issue at the Group level and how this has impacted Ulster Bank’s payment systems."

Meanwhile, the chief executive of the Ulster Bank group is insisting that customers are sticking with the bank in spite of the software problem.

Jim Brown also says the backlog should be cleared by early next week."

Customers dont have a choice but to stick with the bank until their funds are free with the bank to be able to move them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Eblana12 wrote: »

erhhhhh no , I was due on Monday..... still nothing

UB Employer
    BOI for me

They are making things up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Be well and win

Next Monday is the next month so that could be true:D

Joking aside, I'd expect them to get 95% of the issues sorted next week but there will be issues on indivdual accounts that could take longer to sort.

Main aim has to be to get the backlog posted and get their day to day systems up and running and then work their way true any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

Davidth88 wrote: »
    erhhhhh no , I was due on Monday..... still nothing

UB Employer
    BOI for me

They are making things up

Same here. BoI customer, UB Employer, Still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭davehey79

employer is AIB and im Ulsterbank no sign of my salary in either was due in last Friday morning 22ns June. Also have 2 transfers from winnings on PaddyPower mobile app to same account one on 20th and one on 21st no sign of them either :( tis all getting a little too frustrating now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Have OffSet Mortgage with UB,mortgage due 25th and direct debit from BOI account was not taken out :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭danois

I think its safe to assume there will be no childrens allowance in accounts on Tuesday so that means putting off buying school books ect.

I know we can get access to money with id and payslip but I am trying to do nothing and to live off my savings for now. I figure the less transactions on the account the easier it will be sorted and less chance of transactions being missed or taken twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Anyone have any problems taking money out while abroad?
    I'm going on holidays next week and want to make sure I can access my account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Macca07 wrote: »

if i were you i would make alternative arrangments for access to cash while abroad, just to be on the safe side!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

Have any of the UB business customers here got any experience of trying to open an account elsewhere. I can't jump ship from UB but I am looking to put some sort of a 'contingency' in place (which UB/RBS obviously didn't have) in case this continues to drag on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I was speaking to a cashier from UB I know and she said they're currently working on last Thursdays electronic transfers, and they are all going into work v early Monday to start all the manual inputs, with the rest of the backlog of electronic transfers being run over the weekend. We shall see!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Macca07 wrote: »

I was in the UK this week and used my Visa Debit with no problem (still not showing on my account). If there was enough money in before this all startedyoushould be OK - but best take some cash. Also - You can use your Ulster Credit card for cash (if you have one) - and they won't charge you anything as long as you repay within a month..

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/problems-at-ulster-bank.html

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I was speaking to a cashier from UB I know and she said they're currently working on last Thursdays electronic transfers, and they are all going into work v early Monday to start all the manual inputs, with the rest of the backlog of electronic transfers being run over the weekend. We shall see!

just to slightly back up this, i was told by my branch (Phibsborough) that one update will run over the weekend and all balances etc should click into place then. but if you have taken anything in or out during the week using the hand written manual forms then that will delay your actual balance being up to date.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

I've no entries for transactions since 20th, bar

ATM withdrawal showing on the 27th.
    Wages deposit which are showing as CHAPS payment on the 28th.

It hasn't affected me too badly yet, but car insurance is due Wednesday and that's when my patience runs out.

I won't be leaving the UB, but I will set up another account somewhere else. I've always had at least 2 in the UK to assist in immediate transfer of business should I fall out with one. Caught a bit on the hop here.:o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So much for the statement above saying most peoples wages are in, Thursday was day 2 of the outage and they are only putting them through 9 days later...... this saga will drag on a good while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rainyrun

saffron22 wrote: »
    The bank has said that "the bulk" of salary payments are up-to-date, but that some customers may still experience a delay in receiving pay.

The bulk?. Has anyone here received their salary yet?
    No supposed to be yesterday and neither has my husband 2 weeks salary.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

Going to open another account with EBS and have my pay transferred into it.

Going to leave DD with Ulster Bank ( its too much hassle changing them all over ) and transfer an amount every month from EBS to Ulster to cover the DD.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

No wages have hit my Ulster Bank account yet, I should have been paid last Thursday and again yesterday.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

im 4 days late now on any money in and going away next wensday for a little trip so this is kinda worrying

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Chuckler

RichT wrote: »

Apologies for any confusion - the text in bold is my opinion judging from my discussions with the UB staff in Cork. Lady there told me all handwritten slips etc are being sent to Belfast to be processed. I had an issue with a standing order that was weekly but somehow changed by UB to fortnightly. This was of serious concern - lady in UB told me systems still down and that NO dd or standing orders were being paid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

There is nothing more to post really. No money came in, and no movement at all in the account...
    Got 2 DD due from account, one is for car insurance, and if it doesn't go through. i will make sure UB will be liable. My insurer is strict on making payments on time - last time they told me that if it is missed, the full outstanding is due. I did call them today, and the did put a note on my policy. But why should I make all these calls, when none of this is my fault?
    Another DD is with Meteor, and i know they are aware of the situation, so no issue there. Lost my patience really, and for some reason i don't think they will sort it for a start of the week as they claim.
    Friend of mine is also waiting for 2 weeks pay now, luckily his wife is with AIB, so they keep running on her money for now...

Still, no sign of press/tv giving them hard time. Some good PR work out there. 100000 people not having their money would make first pages in most countries i know... but not here???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement