Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

jcupcake wrote: »
    thomasj wrote: »
    I havent got paid for the 22nd yet!

Same here :(

and I'm due to be paid this friday (bi-weekly) might maybe ask to get a cheque for this weeks pay I think
    Don't lodge the cheque get them to cash it ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

wonski wrote: »
    Do you know what the limit for withdrawal is with their credit card?

Sorry no, haven't tried cash withdrawals yet, just putting all my purchases on that rather than the Visa Debit linked to my current account. Like others have said, all transactions on CCs show up correctly right away so it's easier to keep track of everything during this mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jcupcake

Jcupcake where have you been!

And you're obviously not with Ulsterbank or you wouldn't have thought the above, where did you get that crazy idea that everything is now as normal. :)

None of us have received any payments for the last two weeks. There have been no updates. I have not been paid two salaries.

I am with Ulster Bank!!!

I just googled boards.ie ulsterbank and was kinda reliefed that others have had the same issues, terrible I know.

But for the past week friday 22-29th I have been walking the streets to my local UB atm at midnight, the florescent green screen in my face, typing those 4 numbers and pressing "check balance" as my head races with hope that it'll show my wages

The screen is processing account I can't remember the words (flashes) I wait just staring at the screen my breathing pauses but...

2 secs later my heart sinks to my boots as the screen asks do I want another transaction.

I leave the ATM head held low as I go home, worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

J-blk wrote: »
    Sorry no, haven't tried cash withdrawals yet, just putting all my purchases on that rather than the Visa Debit linked to my current account. Like others have said, all transactions on CCs show up correctly right away so it's easier to keep track of everything during this mess.

Actually since i have CC with them, transactions show up at later date, and the balance is not updated instantly. It is the debit card that is updated straight away.
    I should be ok anyway - if CC withdrawal won't work for me, i should be able to make another withdrawal in branch, since i took only 500E, and payslip was for month pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭CorkBabe33

My mortgage is with Ulster Bank and gets paid out of my BOI account. It was supposed to have gone out earlier this week but hasn't yet. Even though it isn't my fault I'm worried that it will show up down the line as a 'late payment' and affect credit ratings. UB have said credit ratings won't be affected by any of this but I just don't believe a word they say anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭phormium

Still waiting for a lodgment I made on Wednesday 20th to show on account.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 garys

I'm getting seriously worried that this thing will go on for ages....

Ulster Bank keep changing the date that they say everything will be processed.... there appears to be no meaningful input from the financial regulator, central bank or consumer ombudsman.

Defo going to change banks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

My account still shows nothing from the 19th, nothing going in, nothing going out, no dd's, no cheque I lodged, no withdrawals, nothing.... thats almost two weeks with nothing....
    Im just glad I have very little money, if I had a bank balance worth looking at Id be ****tin right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

garys wrote: »
    I'm getting seriously worried that this thing will go on for ages....

Ulster Bank keep changing the date that they say everything will be processed.... there appears to be no meaningful input from the financial regulator, central bank or consumer ombudsman.

Defo going to change banks...

I dont see the point in changing banks, they all rely in IT and they are all ****..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

phormium wrote: »
    Still waiting for a lodgment I made on Wednesday 20th to show on account.

Because it hasn't been keyed yet.

See Post 1426

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭MadMickeyMonk

People need to wake up to the constant lies being told.... Teller staff are being hung out to dry and can only do and tell people what their told...
    Last night I was all set to open a new acc in either AIB or BOI but after sleeping on it I took all my cash out and when the dust settles i will lodge back in some cash.
    Wrong dates given, poor communication between teller staff and managment leading to inaccurate info being given, diffrent answers being to the same question from diffrent staff members in the same branch, Very poor media info for customers, No updates on website except for changing the time of update, nobody answering the helpline for 2 days after this started.
    These are my own personal experiences but no doubt other peoples experince will be different.
    Opening branches all weekend and having staff working OT is a complete waste of time when they are not been given proper and accurate information to relay to customers. After a while the smiling polite faces telling you the same BS youve heard since last week and not being able to answer your questions accuratly is starting to get on my wick now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

i just hope they (and even other banks) learn from this fiasco and put measures in place to ensure nothing of this scale ever happens again!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

jcupcake wrote: »
    I am with Ulster Bank!!!

I just googled boards.ie ulsterbank and was kinda reliefed that others have had the same issues, terrible I know.

But for the past week friday 22-29th I have been walking the streets to my local UB atm at midnight, the florescent green screen in my face, typing those 4 numbers and pressing "check balance" as my head races with hope that it'll show my wages

The screen is processing account I can't remember the words (flashes) I wait just staring at the screen my breathing pauses but...

2 secs later my heart sinks to my boots as the screen asks do I want another transaction.

I leave the ATM head held low as I go home, worried.

To be honest i stopped checking account - since no single user here got his/her money in account, i know i don't have it either. Don't even bother with going to atm any more... I don't think there will be any movements on account over the weekend, and not much we can do at this moment. Still waiting for the first poster to say he got his money.
    All i see is more and more people getting angrier and angrier every day.
    Never seen such a damage in bank reputation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

I don't think they even know themselves when this'll be sorted.

Here's a question I'm not sure about - sorry if it has been answered already on this thread. My broadband's running at a snail's pace today.

As well as my current account, I've got a savings account with Ulster Bank. One that I can withdraw funds from under normal circumstances. If I was to open an account with a different bank on Monday, would I be able to get my hands on the money from that savings account and get it out of there? Or would it run into the same logjam that my wages etc. has been caught up in?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jcupcake

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0629/ulster-bank-new-deadline-middle-of-next-week.html

posted at 16:40pm yesterday.

It mentions "the bulk" and "some"

What is SOME?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Salary went in on 21st as scheduled, expenses went in 27th as scheduled. Just to counter the claims on here that nothing is being done.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

On the hourly news it is saying the head of RBS is giving up his bonuses this year as it would be inappropriate considering the annoyance and inconvenience caused to customers. Head of UB refuses to be drawn on the issue at all, guess which one of them will get the axe for lack of PR savvy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

wonski wrote: »
    Actually since i have CC with them, transactions show up at later date, and the balance is not updated instantly. It is the debit card that is updated straight away.

Sorry, I should have clarified - I meant the CC behaves the same way it always does - transactions show up a day or two later, like in your case. But at least it seems unaffected.

Current account is all over the shop - my balance does fluctuate a bit even with no transactions... Like you, I've given up on checking now. Not holding my breath for early next week either.

So where's everyone moving to? I've been happy with Ulster for almost 12 years but this is beyond unacceptable. BOI and AIB are incompetent in my eyes so PTSB is the only remaining choice I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

Is there someone on boards claiming to know when it will be fixed? Im interested to know, but I dont want to go trawlling through 100 pages of posts

There's someone who seems to know how long it should take to fix it, or rather how long it should not take to fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Sorry, I should have clarified - I meant the CC behaves the same way it always does - transactions show up a day or two later, like in your case. But at least it seems unaffected.

Current account is all over the shop - my balance does fluctuate a bit even with no transactions... Like you, I've given up on checking now. Not holding my breath for early next week either.

So where's everyone moving to? I've been happy with Ulster for almost 12 years but this is beyond unacceptable. BOI and AIB are incompetent in my eyes so PTSB is the only remaining choice I guess?

it would seem so. plus they do free day to day banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭atellyer

I haven't had any movement (in or out)of my account since 18th June. My salary should have gone in on the 22nd. Nothing.

I don't understand why the communications from such a big company have been so p*** poor. I look after the Business Continuity Plan for my organisation and the first thing we would do in any such a crisis would be to get in a PR company to manage communications.

UB have my email address. The least I would have expected would be an email every few days giving me an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

So where's everyone moving to? BOI and AIB are incompetent in my eyes so PTSB is the only remaining choice I guess?

UB refused to give me an overdraft during the summer because I wasn't in term a of college. I was starting work experience as part of my degree and worked 6 weeks before I was paid (missed first payroll). Now all I have from that paycheck is 500 that they would let me withdraw.

I have a dormant BOI account and your telling me they are worse that UB? What is the bank to choose so? Somebody answer with a suitable bank for once?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭thomasj

Geri Male wrote: »

If I had cash or cheques to lodge I'd hold on to them. Manual transactions are yet to be keyed - totally different / separate to the overnight batch processing. I imagine this keying will start now (as per the recruitment adverts) but will take a few days to complete.

i was told that the manual transactions inputting process would begin when the system would be back up and running fully. Now that this wont happen until midweek this is looking like it wont start until wednesday at the earliest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

CramCycle wrote: »
    On the hourly news it is saying the head of RBS is giving up his bonuses this year as it would be inappropriate considering the annoyance and inconvenience caused to customers. Head of UB refuses to be drawn on the issue at all, guess which one of them will get the axe for lack of PR savvy.

He won't be fired. He was chosen as CEO because he slashed costs and cut jobs with rbs abroad. One of his main tasks is to reduce staff numbers and costs as ub is one of the worst companies in rbs in terms of losses and expenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

as i said earlier , man in bank said it will be wednesday before transactions start appearing on our statements

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bayou

whelan1 wrote: »
    as i said earlier , man in bank said it will be wednesday before transactions start appearing on our statements

My wife was in the local UB earlier. They told her that they were 'working on payments due in on 21st June' today.

Strange, they told me EXACTLY the same on Wednesday evening, 3 days ago.

I'm afraid the staff are now saying whatever it takes to get you out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

thomasj wrote: »
    i was told that the manual transactions inputting process would begin when the system would be back up and running fully. Now that this wont happen until midweek this is looking like it wont start until wednesday at the earliest

I was in my branch Wednesday gone, with a cheque , and the counter staff , didn't want to take it.

The lady advised me , if it was hers she would hold onto it , not that it wouldn't be safe with them , but they hadn't even gotten to a stage were they could begin to think of manual entries, and they have so many she would be worried about taking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anfield liv

My self or the other half were due salaries on wed last......still nothing in today saturday.......thinking of writing a letter requesting a percentage of my annual transactions through ulster bank by way of compensation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

cymbaline wrote: »
    I don't think they even know themselves when this'll be sorted.

Here's a question I'm not sure about - sorry if it has been answered already on this thread. My broadband's running at a snail's pace today.

As well as my current account, I've got a savings account with Ulster Bank. One that I can withdraw funds from under normal circumstances. If I was to open an account with a different bank on Monday, would I be able to get my hands on the money from that savings account and get it out of there? Or would it run into the same logjam that my wages etc. has been caught up in?

All payments have to go through the current account anyway - so you probably wouldn't be able to transfer it out of Ulster until this mess is sorted (assuming it ever is!)
    You should be able to get it out in cash (some of it at least) at a branch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement