Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Rockyc wrote: »
    What would happen to mortgages if the bank was to close?

free gaffs all round I'm afraid :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

I'm not with Ulster Bank so have been lucky in that but I've been reading the thread with great interest daily. Just been discussing things with the other half and thinking its interesting that Europe have just agreed to put money into individual banks as one of the three pillars in Ireland and banks in England are in trouble? It's quite coincidental! While maybe it is all a storm in a tea cup and it really is a software glitch that they have been completely incompetent at fixing its all going on far too long...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

ok, so the post from user 'bankinginsider' has really worried me.

just checked my account online.

it, like many other accounts detailed on this thread, is all over the place.

no acount activity since the 21st.

and tonight, its showing an extra 11.74????

after doing my sums, in all actuality there should be an extra couple of hundred euros in the account when taking spending over the last wk into account.

where is the rest of my money??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I opened a ptsb account yesterday and gave my new account details into the social welfare so I will have money on Thursday. There wasn't a hope in hell I was going to miss out on another weeks money.

The teller in ptsb told me they have had a fair few UB exiles already. I'm not scouting for them, but they have great opening hours and don't close for lunch like all the other banks around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Domhnall66

jcupcake wrote: »
    Seems like Bertie was the clever one :(

You're telling me, I'm with UB, partner is with UB, no other bank accounts. No month's wages, losing 1.5hrs every time I need to withdraw cash, which with two kids is often :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 jcupcake

I don't understand the longer opening hours of branches and weekend openings the ATMS work..

Ulster Bank make it out that if you bring your I.D, Account details and a payslip that they will give you the money coming to you. So you think great that's really good,

But!!!!!!!!!!!!

The money they give you is coming off your balance that's ALREADY in your account.

So what good is all this opening hours doing????

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

No it's not coming off your balance, it's like an I.O.U. That's why you bring a payslip of SW receipt. They will give you up to the value of that payslip. I had considerably less than my payslip and was giving the amount I wanted. ;)

Beer Baron wrote: »
    No it's not coming off your balance, it's like an I.O.U. That's why you bring a payslip of SW receipt. They will give you up to the value of that payslip. I had considerably less than my payslip and was giving the amount I wanted. ;)

So that I have this clear,

I got paid on June 22nd, I have a payslip, you're telling me that they'll give me that money without it coming off my balance?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭MadMickeyMonk

I got paid on June 22nd, I have a payslip, you're telling me that they'll give me that money without it coming off my balance?

Yup... My account balance read 0.00 this morning and i went in and withdrew 650

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Seems like they will give you an advance of the money on your payslip, and debit you when everything returns to normal

• Advertisement

That's what happened to me and 4 other people I know. I didn't have €300 in the account and was given €300 because I had a payslip showing more than €300 so the guy could see that they have it somewhere so I should be entitled to take the cash there and then.

God help the poor staff in the branches. They did nothing to cause this, and they are having to deal with the fallout

But how do they know that your wages are being paid into Ulster Bank?

E.g

I got paid into an AIB account

I go into ulster with account details, I.D and payslip and get more money?

E.g

Because they can see your statements and your wages coming in periodically.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

E.g

Jesus man, don't start giving people ideas.

E.g

You'll need to provide your bank account details I'm sure

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Guys just a reminder, please don't post speculative/unconfirmed material or rumors.

The rules contained in the Charter and the general sitewide rules still apply to the thread. Anyone who is either new to the forum or unfamiliar with what is or isn't ok to post should have a look through the Charter before posting in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

E.g

they can bring up your account and can see all transactions before the 20/21 June.

They can also see past payments from your employers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The little bank that could, cmon Ulster Bank, cmon now. Get it together.
    Geri Male wrote: »
    It's all very well saying you don't want to pay transaction charges. Given a choice I'd certainly rather pay quarterly fees and have a working, reliable bank account than put up with this technological disaster and worst of all - repeated lies, corporate spin and cosy media manipulation.

It's not exactly a choice of one or the other.
    My standing order for rent due to leave on the 22nd has gone in the last couple of hours...

(leaving me about €2.50 until they can credit the wages due in the 27th, mind, but at least it's movement!)

My standing order for the 21st for rent turned up a few days ago. No idea if they money actually has gone though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭themiso

I really like ad for permanent TSB that is showing up for me in this thread. Thats whats called excellent targeting :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭thomasj

dee. wrote: »
    The only thing I used my card for recently was to pay off Littlewoods..I sent them €50 last weekend and it went through fine. Wondering if thats where the €49 came from.. strange though as the payment definitely got to them

edit: Actually just realised I was refunded 50, not €49 like I thought...so it could very well be the card payment refunded (for what reason i do not know!)

The last card payment I made 2 weeks ago was taken out of my account twice!

It was rectified a week ago. Could it be this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭Tow

thomasj wrote: »
    The last card payment I made 2 weeks ago was taken out of my account twice!

It was rectified a week ago. Could it be this?

There have been a number of posts reporting problems from a few weeks before the 'glitch'. They may be trying to reconcile these first.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Shao

Caseywhale wrote: »
    Lets not get carried away now.

Its a problem. A bad problem that may cost them a lot of customers - probably the same ones they got off AIB lately plus a few. They might be able to keep a few, since there is no possible way they can charge people for their current accounts now. That would be a huge slap in the face after this debacle.

Ulsterbank had a big win a couple of months ago, sweeping up the AIB leavers. Now they will be giving that back up.
    But i doubt they will be closing down.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood me, I'm not getting carried away and speculating that they are closing , I just thought it was strange that rte mentioned this now an not earlier on in this fiasco , and after Reading a post on here that central bank can step in and shut down a bank that hasn't processesed in 5 days ,when central bank said they would hope the unacceptable delays would end Monday (which we now know they won't) that this was a little worrying and covering the governments butt should it get any worse or fail completely .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Just checked my account had no movement since last week in it just checked it and €92 has been credited out of nowhere no idea what it is waiting for 4 sets of wages to go in but none near that figure!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Just remember that the systems run batches of transactions overnight / throughout the day.

You may see some odd postings to your account as the system runs various batches and posts things to your account.

Their computers are probably cycling through all sorts of queues of transactions. They may post out of chronological order or in orders that you might not expect. There may also be manual intervention going on at branch or central level on individual accounts.

It will probably add up in the end. For now it's definitely still a work in progress.

The most important thing right now is to keep physical records of absolutely everything yourself.

Payslips, bills, debit card receipts, ATM receipts, cheques lodged should be photocopied etc.

I would actually go as far as saying that you should keep a ledger or a spreadsheet with every transaction you've made since the 'glitch' began.

You can get plenty of templates for excel, or just put one together yourself. It's not particularly complicated. Just a Date, details, credit, debit and balance column the same as a bank statement.

Then reconcile this with the bank's statements when the system's returned to normality and at least you'd have something to argue with them from.

A simple template : http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=checking+account&ex=1&origin=CL102207099#ai:TC030005289|

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

1/ they are not going to be able to fix this completely - i would put money on it - if i had some .

2/ your money is NOT safe - if you trust this bank that does this to you , after this - then you deserve to be fcuked.

3/ I will be closing all my accounts and moving ASAP .

and
    my guess is a redundantee put a date timed kill script in place , and the incompetent outsourcees fcuked up the restore.

its gone on too long and is too big to have been a simple error or patch.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

My account has now gone overdrawn for some reaosn over this fiasco.

I can only imagine I'll get a referral charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/ulster-bank-it-fiasco-heading-into-week-two-3154549.html

Not only is there no sign of an end in sight but they seem to have absolutely NO idea of how to solve this problem:mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

One man, who did not want to be named, said the service by the bank was "f***ing s**te".

hehe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

There hasnt been any movement on my account balance since last weekend loged in to check it and there 92 euro extra appeared in balance??? Doesnt make sence expecting four set of wages in mine and misses but none anywhere near that figure doesnt even show in the transaction history this mystery 92 euro anywhere

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement