Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good camping/fishing site

Options
  • 20-06-2012 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Thinking of heading of with the madra for a couple of nights to do a bit of sea fishing. Was thinking Lahinh, but maybe Dublin, Wicklow or Galway. Campsites only please as il bring my springer. If anyone can recommend one it be great. Once the sea isnt too far il consider it and if anyone ever did it before it be great to hear how ye got on.
    Thanks,
    Dusty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

mannix point in cahersiveen. Can't be closer to the sea and great bass spots around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

cheers. Will check that out. Anyone know know of any good spots around Clare, Galway or Dublin to add to the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭Invincible

Dusty87 wrote: »
    cheers. Will check that out. Anyone know know of any good spots around Clare, Galway or Dublin to add to the list?

One of the lads goes camping/fishingto Achill,brings the golden retriever with him ,wife joins him following evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭cdublin

Nagles in Doolin should fit the bill nicely.
    Mc Cormacks in Fanore, no problems with dogs in their mobile home site and right on the strand. I'm sure they allow tent pitches too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 evilgannet

Shanaheever Campsite just outside Clifden in Co. Galway,

a half mile from the sea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 jullian

Acton's Beachside Caravan & Camping Eco-Park is the one. Located ten minutes from Clifden town the site has its own private fishing points just meters from your pitch at the narrow inlet of Streamstown Bay, by far my best fishing experience. Check out the photos of the fishing there !!! www.actonsbeachsidecamping.com

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

Has anybody fished from sherkin or cape clear? Thinking of heading down for a night camping and wondering if it's worth bringing the rods

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

I have been to Achill loads of times. Serious spot for camping, fishing and good times. WOuld have to recommend Rosses point also. Great camp site and deep see fishing for the day on the SeaStar

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

Are you fishing off the rocks/ Pier or from a boat? What did you catch?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

jullian wrote: »
    Acton's Beachside Caravan & Camping Eco-Park is the one. Located ten minutes from Clifden town the site has its own private fishing points just meters from your pitch at the narrow inlet of Streamstown Bay, by far my best fishing experience. Check out the photos of the fishing there !!! www.actonsbeachsidecamping.com

Totally agree, i had some unbelievable Pollack fishing from the rocks as well as catching some Wrasse and Mackerel, literally a stones throw from the tent. Its dog friendly too, couldnt not take my pooch now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 BP1980

I second Achill, best of fishing and great campsite right on the beach, site has good cooking facilities in a block there too so saves the hassle of stove cooking, pm me if want any details of fishing the area...fanore is another, also loads all down the wexford coast with good fishing.

Advertisement