Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Brown bottles

Options
  • 20-06-2012 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi
    Was wondering has anyone got any views on the Dr Browns bottles? babs is due in September and my plan is to breast feed but I want to have bottles/sterliser etc ready in the wings also. I'm getting such differing recommendations from other mums one swearing they were the best ever and another telling me she pegged them in the bin after a couple of weeks as had such problems cleaning them and getting the tops to close securly etc. This is my first baby so any recommendations would be great.
    many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Trial and error, depends on what baby likes, mine like the avent and the dr browns, I didnt find much difference between the 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

My sister in law uses them and finds them great for my nephew, however she finds them difficult and annoying to clean.
    I use Nuk and my little one never had a problem with them. It really is trial and error.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Xdancer wrote: »
    My sister in law uses them and finds them great for my nephew, however she finds them difficult and annoying to clean.
    I use Nuk and my little one never had a problem with them. It really is trial and error.

They are a bit tricky to clean you have 2 extra parts to clean but it's not that time consuming. I love them for my daughter, she never fit colic or anything was a great drinker of bottles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

I went from tommy tippee to avent to dr brown and never looked back. They are great and very good for minimising the amount of wind going into the baby's tummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ZoeZ

I use the Avent bottles but tried the Dr.Browns ones for a while as my baby suffered with gas, didnt notice any difference so went back to Avent.
    All depends on the baby, no harm in giving them a try!
    Congrats by the way! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

He tommee tipped anti colic + bottles are well worth buying.
    They use the same type of technology as the doctor brownes so are slightly harder the. Usual to wash but they are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I have twins my self,my boy uses dr brown and my girl use avant,goes to show diferent babys like and do better with different bottles,we tried them with tommy tippy anti colic and found it made them worse

Advertisement