Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demilled AK 47

Options
  • 20-06-2012 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi,

I was offered a demilled AK47(folding stock) for sale and are interested in buying it and keeping it for display or photo prop.

He has all the certificates of deactivation stamped and done, the gun will never be fired again.

-Bolt head is cut 45 degrees
    -firing pin channel is welded
    -barrel drilled
    ....and a list of things done to it, but it works fine, the mechanism still works fine and the mag comes of, just like a normal AK.

What I can find on the web is that it is all above board to own one of these, you just need a letter from the Garda Sup.

I just want to know if it is a lot of hassle to get a letter or do you just walk in and get one if they are happy that it is not a usable weapon any more. He is getting selling it because his wife does not like having it anymore. I am interested in buying it, but not in the mood to jump trough hoops to get own it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Apply in writing to your Super and include what you want it for and the deactivation cert......

Page 30 explains it:

Commissioners guidelines

GH

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭SlowJack

Just of the phone with him, he sold it this morning, so this can be closed, I'm not getting it.....:(

Do you mind me asking how much he was selling it for ?

GH

Apply in writing to your Super and include what you want it for and the deactivation cert......

Page 30 explains it:

Commissioners guidelines

GH

Thanks for the reply.

Do you mind me asking how much he was selling it for ?

GH

€250.00 is what he asked me, not sure how much he sold it for.

• Advertisement

Chinese type 56 underfolder for €280 euro.....

http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages/61431412.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61431412/Products/10103

They have several AK varients.

Ive gotten parts off them before but im not sure on the procedure of importing a deactivated firearm.... shout them an email along with the Firearms poilcy unit Firearms_inbox@justice.ie

GH

Cheers, I got that because the cert he had was from Zib-militaria, but it looks to much hassle for me importing anyway. This was just handy and if I really think of it, it would be nice to have and would be a great conversation starter and prop, but the hassle is just not worth it.

Thanks again for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Now this is just an idea , if you don't want to go down the import route,you could get yourself an Airsoft AK ( No certificates or letters )
    Link
    or
    Link
    or
    you could post a wanted advert here

David

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

SlowJack wrote: »
    Cheers, I got that because the cert he had was from Zib-militaria, but it looks to much hassle for me importing anyway. This was just handy and if I really think of it, it would be nice to have and would be a great conversation starter and prop, but the hassle is just not worth it.

Thanks again for your reply.

Hi SlowJack, Like yourself I'd of liked to have bought some de-acts but it
    was too much hassle.....and I went down the airsoft route for collecting gun shaped objects.(Id love a deact Bren Gun and FN-FAL)

If I could buy actual de-activated real guns within Ireland without needing
    to convince the local Super for a letter of permission and that I was not some lunatic and wanted one just to look at! or for display for each and every gun I'd have LOADS of them, but alas I took the easy way out and started to collect airsoft guns for wall hangers.

Apologizes to the mods for dragging airsoft into a shooting forum thread .
    If the OP wants an AK for cosmetic/novelty/display reasons I'd like to
    suggest a Brand of Airsoft called "LCT" They offer Steel Bodied Guns with Real wood instead of cheap plastic fake wood and pot-metal bodies.

I bought an AKM from this crowd and they have much better external cosmetics than some of the cheaper airsoft guns other stores sell.
    http://www.sgairsoft.biz/shop/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=82:lct-ak-in-stock&catid=3:newsflash

~B

Advertisement