Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which areas in Castleknock is good

Options
  • 20-06-2012 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Guys,

I have job in St. Margaret's, Co: Dublin area. We got admission for one of child in Castleknock Educate Together National School located on Beechpark Avenue.

We are planning to move area near to school to make life bit easy.

I drive to work. Do you guys have any suggestions which areas in Castleknock would be good to move? Priorities are 1) Area should be child friendly 2) Area should be easy for me to drive to St. Margaret's considering traffic.

Any quick response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Auburn Ave end if you can get it, so Stockton or Beechpark if you can. That way you can drive directly onto N3 and then onto M50 to St. Margarets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭yoda2001

January makes some good suggestions.

However there used to be a walking bus to CETNS. I knew a boy from Roselawn who walked by the 12th lock and over the footbridge with a group. If looking at this area beware that the traffic out of Laurel Lodge turning right can be terrible in the mornings.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Pretty much all of Castleknock is good and relatively child friendly - it is a well kept and select suburb - but if you want to be located close to the school I would suggest Auburn Avenue/The Pines/Park Avenue/Castleknock Park/Stockton/Hadleigh/Phoenix/Deerpark/Georgian Village as the most ideal locations.

Carpenterstown is over a mile from the school so it wouldn't be within walking distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Like the other said. As close to the schools as you can afford seems logical.

Though the idea that walking 30/40 mins is too far seems a bit extreme. Considering that walk might be the difference of 150~200K.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Carpenterstown is over a mile from the school so it wouldn't be within walking distance.

Plenty of people in CETNS would disagree with that. I know of lots of kids who walk or cycle from that area to the school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

If you're specifically looking for Castleknock then it's all very good but still expensive. If you're prepared to compromise then Carpenterstown might be an option but not walking distance for children of National school age.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Rosser wrote: »
    If you're prepared to compromise then Carpenterstown might be an option but not walking distance for children of National school age.
    My son is starting CETNS in September. We live at the west end of Carpenterstown and I plan to cycle him to and from school (via the ped bridge at 12th Lock).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I don't think 30 min walking distance is that far. kids can use a bike or scooter. But i think the op might be thinking of something on their way to work when they are driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Sorry to hijack this thread :) I'm also thinking about moving to the Castleknock area. Main concern is the traffic getting onto the M50 in the mornings, can anyone help me out with what are the places to avoid? Preferably somewhere walking distance of a DART station for my OH. Any help very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Dart.......In Castleknock!

Anyway, Millionaires Row is the part I would recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

No DART in Castleknock, commuter trains only pass through, stay to the west of the village and it's nearest the train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Whoops :o that was me being very tired

Advertisement