Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5-year-old loses fingers after picking up a pipe bomb.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    :confused:

He wouldn't maim the innocent kid but he would maim the guilty father.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Looks like the boys father wasn't the target either. It was their neighbours. They should grow a set of balls and go for the scumbag directly so something like this can't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

if the neighbours are involved in a gang. That guy will be looking over his back for a long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Oh, the usual AH foaming at the mouth vigilante mentality I see.
    Scum.....rabble rabble rabble.....kill the bastard.....rabble rabble rabble.....give me a chance to torture the sh1thead...(and his family too)...RAAARRRR
    Good sir, I disagree fundamentally with the position you are taking. If you take the time to consider, you will see that your actions are no different to those of the scum you purport to target. An independent judicial system is by far the best (and fairest way) of dealing with crimes of this nature.
    The Mob wrote:
    RAAARRRR! Bleeding heart liberal PC brigade......rabble rabble rabble.....*hyperventilate*.....It was a CHILD!!!.....hang the bastard
    How does the victim's age relate to the severity of the crime in this case? If I knock over and kill a pedestrian whilst drunk, my sentence isn't commuted if the victim happened to be a drug-dealer or increased if it was an innocent child. Crime is the same.
    Wibbs wrote: »
    Resident fascist* find them, try them, if guilty, hang them. I'd add a few other crimes to that list. Public floggings for others.

I see in the BBC news earlier that a chap in the US who found a waste of air raping his young child beat said waste of air to death. No charge. They're not even take it any further and will keep his name out of the press. Good call. Over here I'd be shocked if that happened. The usual bedwetters would be out and worse listened to by some.
    A dangerous precedent I'd say, a mechanism for people to murder and the state to turn a blind eye. Somebody was killed, a case for diminished responsibility may be appropriate in the case but no charge?? It always amazes me how people here rate rape/child abuse above murder. I don't - one step below but not on the same level. As heinous as the crime is, abuse victims still have a chance to regain their shattered lives and rebuild a normal one, murder victims never do.

As for what I would do in a similar situation:
    Would I take the same measured approach I advocate?
    Probably not. I'd like to think that my first priority would be to swiftly remove my child from the situation and immediately set about caring for them. However I can't honestly say, hand-on-heart that I wouldn't refrain from physical violence upon the aggressor. I'd also like to say that concern for my child's welfare should I be jailed would be a contributing factor in not crossing the line between reasonable force and manslaughter. How I or anyone would act in these cases is something that I can't (and hope to never) know.
    Does this make me a hypocrite?
    Possibly, but more likely a normal human being who is, like the rest of us, susceptible to acting on emotion. That's why we need an independent, objective system to judge on my actions - not a baying mob.

Finally I couldn't help noticing the guy who was killed by the father had a Latino name. Obviously given the distasteful nature of his crimes immediately preceding his death would have been the major factor in not taking further action but.......was it the only one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Bastard(s)!!

:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

If they do catch him bet he'll get prisoner rights,gym the whole works,thats not punishment,they should be splitting rocks for free for punishment,its ridiculous,he could eve get off on a suspended sentence for it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Truly unforgivable thing to do, no matter who found the bomb.
    The fact that an innocent 5 year old has now been maimed and left deformed for life can, quite understandably, have people baying for the perpetrators blood.

I must confess that if it were my child I couldn't honestly say that I would either have the restraint or faith in the justice system here to punish this animal enough for my liking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I know the perp will get less than 6 months for this, sickening, the poor little guy. In 14 months if this comes to court we'll be proved right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

It is time the courts come down hard on this behaviour. Every possible offence the bomber can charged with they should be, handling bomb-making materials, intention to maim, reckless endangerment, assault and if it's possible terror/gang related charges.

It seems it's too "easy" to make one of these devices and just leave it lying around. They should be made think twice about doing it. It's a shame the device didn't explode in the criminals face when they were building it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

the perp could be done for each charge above and still they'd serve their sentance concurrently....out in 5 1/2 months.

Advertisement