Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Powder Foundation

• 20-06-2012 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Any advice on a good powder foundation to use? I don't wear much make-up, only wear liquid foundation going out, and my current powder is running out. I'm using a Sephora powder that I love, it's really natural and never clumps on the skin, or leaves a powdery look, but it's nearly gone and I can't replace it in Ireland :(

I'm looking for something similar to Benefit Some Kinda Gorgeous, in that it's a cream to powder finish, but I don't like the shades they have. Any advice??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Try Bare Minerals. Their foundation is very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭PammyD

There is a thread on Sephora products and a lady said that deliveries to Ireland can be made through www.sephora.fr

Another lady said you can buy from there online & have your package re-routed to here. I've done it & it was hassle-free, just took a while. SO if you're patient go for it.

http://makeupreviews.blogs.ie/2008/1...ip-to-ireland/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Try Bare Minerals. Their foundation is very good.

I got Bare Minerals foundation last year and I really have to say, I found it awful, spent hours watching tutorials on YouTube trying to get it right but to no avail.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Spehora do deliver, but the charge is €18! You'd want to buying a lot to justify that!

Inglot do a cream to powder finish foundation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭Fifi Trixie Belle

I find Elizabeth Arden mineral foundation really good. I found that I noticed the difference (more even skin tone, less purple under my eyes and less red on my cheeks) but nobody noticed I was wearing foundation. One person even commented that they'd never noticed how nice skin my skin was.. I suggest getting a consultation where you get to try it out first and then decide if it's what you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 ruabriongloid

Is powder good to wear if you suffer dry skin? I've always liked my liquid foundation Revlon colourstay ftw~ and I try to use some matte powder over my T zone but I still end up with cake face.
    I've wanted to try some mineral foundation but honestly how in the heck do you use it?
    I'm good with make up I could never figure out mineral stuff for the life of me. Bad Idea to use on dry skin, Thoughts anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

For me the only powder foundation is mac studio fix. I find it perfect for work, applied with a kabuki brush it gives a lovely even coverage.

I have dry skin and I use a primer (*ahem* lanacane gel!) under the mac, and it sets it perfectly. Without it I would find it highlights any scaly patches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

Mac mineralised skin finish natural is amazing, it gives great coverage and you can't tell its there at all, plus its pressed so its handy for travel

Advertisement