Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When I am King....

• 20-06-2012 1:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭

the first against the wall will be- TWO STAGE SHOPPERS!!!!

Starting with the little old lady in Supervalu today. I only had a roll for my lunch and she was about to pay for her shopping and leave so i jumped into the cue behind her. She ruffled through her purse, went so far as to hold out cash to the till op' before declairing "Oh my Ive forgotten something", smiled at me and rambled back into the shop. The till op had already processed a voucher or some such ****e and so apparently could not cancel the transaction and let me go. As per the laws of super market cues all other tills were now busy and the evil auld witch took about 3 minutes to come back with another several items.
    Firing squad for her. No blind fold. No cigarette.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

She'd probably want them in two stages anyway....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

As soon as she spun around and said "oh I forgot something" you should have karate chopped her.

Not good enough OP, not good enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Jaysus, remind me to never mildly inconvenience you!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SpiceWeasel

Is there anything to be said for blasting her with piss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

A bannin'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

chin_grin wrote: »
    A bannin'?

A paddlin'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

A little old lady?
    What are you a total f*cking scummer or what?

I hope someone is as horrible about you when you'r a little old man that stinks of p*ss and unwashed clothes you f*cking c***

Banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

all the politicians - be they TD's or county councillors and a good few fat cat civil servants with them and the bankers and all the religious and all the psychics and the alternative medicine practitioners and any one else I can thing off that's a parasite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

A little old lady?

I hope someone is as horrible about you when you'r a little old man that stinks of p*ss and unwashed clothes you f*cking c***

Not very optimistic at all....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

A little old lady?

best post ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭oddman2

A little old lady?

Ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

We'll send her to the wall but we'll do it the English way, we're not savages after all. I demand that she be blindfolded and given the option of the Woodbine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Not very optimistic at all....

Very optimistic.
    I'm nice to little old ladies.
    Not like the poor pr** who started the thread who's time is so precious to him that he took a good five minutes out of it to complain about a little old lady taking all of 2 to 3 minutes of it.
    Hope he chokes on his roll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

A little old lady?

Banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

When I am King, you will be first against the wall,
    With your opinion, which is of no consequence at all.

... what's that?

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

When I am King I'll blast ye all with trickle down economics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Very optimistic.
    Not like the poor pr** who started the thread who's time is so precious to him that he took a good five minutes out of it to complain about a little old lady taking all of 2 to 3 minutes of it.

Fuck that little old lady!:pac: *awaits severe reprimanding*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

When I am king I'll be full love and pride

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Very optimistic.

You seem to be on a crusade to let little old ladies inconvenience everyone as much as they like. Did you run over a little old lady and are now feeling guilty and this crusade of yours is to lighten some of the obvious feelings of guilt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Roadend wrote: »
    When I am king I'll be full love and pride

that's weird, because thats...what my heart...yearns for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

bnt wrote: »
    When I am King, you will be first against the wall,
    With your opinion, which is of no consequence at all.

... what's that?
    Ambition makes you look pretty ugly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

tbh wrote: »
    that's weird, because thats...what my heart...yearns for now.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Old ladys are actually the cause of the reccession,they are all ugly and if we are honest they can be a real pain to talk to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭dougal-maguire

Ambition makes you look pretty ugly

kicking and squealing gucci little piggy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

The big fish eat the little ones.

No wonder the ould lady had to go back for more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

You should have kicked her to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

OP, some people forget stuff when they get older. Its just one of those things. Deal with it.

But to be fair she should have had a shopping list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

They should have checkouts for nice old people, and other checkouts for rude young people. Sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Wish now that I'd gotten a roll at lunchtime.:(

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Starting with the little old lady in Supervalu today. I only had a roll for my lunch and she was about to pay for her shopping and leave so i jumped into the cue behind her. She ruffled through her purse, went so far as to hold out cash to the till op' before declairing "Oh my Ive forgotten something", smiled at me and rambled back into the shop. The till op had already processed a voucher or some such ****e and so apparently could not cancel the transaction and let me go. As per the laws of super market cues all other tills were now busy and the evil auld witch took about 3 minutes to come back with another several items.

Harsh
    A little old lady?

Harsher
    El Weirdo wrote: »
    Banned.

Harshest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Come join us in ranting and raving forum OP

Nobody is going to second guess your rants
    You seem to be getting a lot of it here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Please could you stop the noise, I'm trying to get some rest from all the unborn chicken voices in my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

If only when she came back she then took a bag out of her shopping bags then a handbag out of her bag, then a purse from her handbag, then paid in 5 cents coins.....good gravy we could be linking in a lunchtime murder story here now.

www.stop-little-old-ladies-shopping-at-lunchtime.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

When I am King I'll start myself in centre mid for Ireland.

Can't do much worse in fairness.

Then I'll bring back capital punishment. A guillotine will do the job. The OP is first on the chopping block.

Poor old lady? For shame.

Also, I'll make everyone speak like it was medeval times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

I agree with the OP on this one, I would have just kicked her in the face when she strolled back or at least sh*t in her shopping bags.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Someone who gets into such a silly tizzy because an old lady (and a pretty friendly and polite one, by the looks of it) causes him to lose a minute, maybe two minutes, of his time is suffering from a pretty major tolerance deficit and it won't be long before the stress of it makes GhostBuster ---

old!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

OP, some people forget stuff when they get older. Its just one of those things. Deal with it.

But to be fair she should have had a shopping list.

But old people (she wasnt that old BTW. about 35) are not exempt from having good manners. If I am in a cue and forget something I leave the cue with my belongings. She had not yet paid and could have cancelled her transaction . basic manners apply to all.
    JohnMarston is second against the wall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Someone who gets into such a silly tizzy because an old lady (and a pretty friendly and polite one, by the looks of it) causes him to lose a minute, maybe two minutes, of his time is suffering from a pretty major tolerance deficit and it won't be long before the stress of it makes GhostBuster ---

old!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Polite?
    Leaving your unfinished transaction at a till and popping out for another wee bit of shopping is rude.:P
    Ellis Dee. Third against the wall:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

The tool on the till should have let you through while Miss Daisy went looking for her dentafix.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

You peel off the sticker and leave it with the cashier with the money and go off about your business.

Unless you were paying for a 3 euro roll with a 50 note or laser in which case, shot for ya !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭seantorious

When I am king all charities will have to group together into about 3-4 big charities instead of thousands of little ones to save money and mostly annoyance. Ooh and chuggers will be burned at the stake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

But old people (she wasnt that old BTW. about 35) are not exempt from having good manners. If I am in a cue and forget something I leave the cue with my belongings. She had not yet paid and could have cancelled her transaction . basic manners apply to all.
    JohnMarston is second against the wall.

35? Ah well then.
    No you're right I'd do the same thing if i forgot something. But if an elderly woman makes a genuine mistake and forgets something, I'd be a little more understanding.

<please dont shoot me> :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

When I am king all charities will have to group together into about 3-4 big charities instead of thousands of little ones to save money and mostly annoyance. Ooh and chuggers will be burned at the stake

I will be on of your most loyal subjects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Come join us in ranting and raving forum OP

Nobody is going to second guess your rants
    You seem to be getting a lot of it here

Dangerous Man is disappointed. I was excited and started looking for the ranting and raving forum... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Was she at the express checkout or regular checkout, this is important to know before we decide what to do with her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

When I am King , I am going to bring back dueling.

El Weirdo , I challenge you to a duel....

Advertisement