Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who will be repeating and who won't?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭silversky

I don't want to repeat, but if I have to to get the course I want, i'll suck it up and go back. My course has been 450 the last 3 years (BCL Law & Economics) and there's only been 53 extra applicants to Law courses (according to the CAO), so the most it could go up is probably 5 points.

Worst case scenario at the minute, I think this is what I could of gotten:
    1. English- B3
    2. Geography- C2
    3. Business- B1
    4. Economics- B1
    5. French- C1
    6. Music (left to do AND STUDY FOR), i'd say B3
    That'd give me 455 which is just what I need tbh! :S..

I was 100% positive of getting my course before I sat that Geography paper, (got a B1 in the Mock :rolleyes:) was fairly sure of getting an A2 that morning, now a C2 lucky I think..

I'm not taking any other course rather than Law with Economics..

Were you not the guy who got A1's and A2's all round for the mocks? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

silversky wrote: »
    Were you not the guy who got A1's and A2's all round for the mocks? :confused:

3 A's, 4 B's and 1 C. However due to very personal reasons I won't discuss, my head wasn't really in the books over the last couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Liveforrugby

3 A's, 4 B's and 1 C. However due to very personal reasons I won't discuss, my head wasn't really in the books over the last couple of months.

Reverse sicology, you shouldn't have mentioned "very personal reasons" now everyone wants to know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ImFudged

There's no way in hell Im repeating i don't care how many points i do and don't get. There's other collage courses and PLCs out there. The LC wasn't that bad for me i just don't see the point in repeating and what makes people think they'll do it way better the second time around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭silversky

Oh sorry to hear that. I'm sure you'll do better than expected anyway :)

On another note: I won't repeat unless I fail maths. Doing that all over again, without your friends- I don't think so. I don't think I'd survive a no- show Plath or Heaney paper again or their predicted equivalents next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

lady365 wrote: »
    what course is that?????

Culinary studies in CIT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

I am not repeating. I've been looking forward to college throughout Sixth Year and was craving to leave school and this town. Worked maybe not to the best of my ability but close to and I'm very happy with how it all went. I'm estimating I improved my Mocks result by 105 points.
    At the start of the year my LC target was 420, around Christmas I raised it to 450 and in April I set out to get 500. I feel that I might have got it, exams were mostly kind to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

I don't want to repeat, but if I have to to get the course I want, i'll suck it up and go back. My course has been 450 the last 3 years (BCL Law & Economics) and there's only been 53 extra applicants to Law courses (according to the CAO), so the most it could go up is probably 5 points.

Worst case scenario at the minute, I think this is what I could of gotten:
    1. English- B3
    2. Geography- C2
    3. Business- B1
    4. Economics- B1
    5. French- C1
    6. Music (left to do AND STUDY FOR), i'd say B3

That'd give me 455 which is just what I need tbh! :S..

I was 100% positive of getting my course before I sat that Geography paper, (got a B1 in the Mock :rolleyes:) was fairly sure of getting an A2 that morning, now a C2 lucky I think..

I'm not taking any other course rather than Law with Economics..

How do you find out how many applicants have applied for a course?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

definitely will not be repeating....one year of repeating is enough for me :) . . don't think i'd be able to handle the craic if i repeated again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

No repeating for me! I think I'll get my courses (TAP and Arts in NUIG) so I'm not to worried. Even if I didn't I'd do a Liberal Arts PLC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Freewheelin_

Not repeating. I'm lucky enough to have a place in college already and my grades really just have to be the same as they have been which I'm sure I've maintained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

smithy77 wrote: »

Its usually on the prospectus or on the course information on qualifax.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 BubblegumBitch

I'm sure I'll be repeating! :/ I didn't do enough work this year, thinking it wouldn't be so bad :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭iMMer5ion

smithy77 wrote: »

Its usually on the prospectus or on the course information on qualifax.ie.

Where do you find the numbers for specific courses? Or is that available?
    On the prospectus it only states the number of places for a course..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

iMMer5ion wrote: »
    Where do you find the numbers for specific courses? Or is that available?
    On the prospectus it only states the number of places for a course..

Oh sorry, I read your question wrong! This is the closest you're going to get, although you can't get individual courses from that, just groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gaz eile

Simple question, How do you go about repeating your leaving etc?
    Gaz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Gaz eile wrote: »
    Simple question, How do you go about repeating your leaving etc?
    Gaz

Just sign up with your school again in August when they do all that stuff.

Advertisement