Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So Got This Letter in the Door This Morning

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

dj jarvis wrote: »
    so , have you snow on your head ? you must do being so so high up on your moral high horse ,

so he should work for 40hrs a week for 100 euro ?
    i dont care how much networking or experience he gets , that is just wrong

yes, people on JSA who can get training or job placement should do it , but this is just short of slavery - how much will his skills be improved by stacking shelves ? how much network will he do lifting fridges ?

you either have no sense of self worth by working under those conditions or a troll
    either way, your talking out the top of your snow covered hat

Where does it say anything about stacking shelves or lifting fridges?

Sensationalise much? You should check and see if there's any jobs going in the daily mail

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Boombastic wrote: »
    Where does it say anything about stacking shelves or lifting fridges?

Sensationalise much? You should check and see if there's any jobs going in the daily mail

its called a EXAMPLE , and your so so witty , you would get a job as a comedian no problem - because your argument is laughable.

he was a porter in a hospital , do you think they are going to place him with cisco or hp ? no , he will be stacking or lifting for 100 a week.

you feel good about your state sponsored slavery , good on ya
    you can tell your still young and have no idea about life judging by your attitude

i am a small business owner and I find the jobs bridge program for the most part repugnant , its a piss poor attempt at massaging the live register numbers - and its being abused , even the minister in charge has admitted so and has called for major changes

i was unemployed in the last rescission in the 80's and the local fas office ( ANCO) at the time , they were handing out brochures about emigrating to england and trying to entice us with a small grant for the ferry :eek:

do you think they have changed much , na , they still dont care
    the sooner you wise up to the this fact the better you shall be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Hi Boombastic,

Fair play to you - I'd back you waaaaay ahead of the OP to find a paying job.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

OP you know how people get jobs.. They hand in these things called CV's!

You know what CV's go to the top of the pile? Those that might actually have a chance of being hired.... CV's that have experience!

You have an opportunity to gain valuable experience working in an office.. Having experience will help you get a proper paid job as its an extra line on your CV!

So instead of getting off your lazy arse and gaining valuable experience which will help you get a job, your happier to sit at home and b!tch and moan about it!! If your going to sit at home and be broke then you may as well sit in an office and be broke!

Get with the times.. I'm actually glad the opportunity will be passed onto a more sensible person who is grateful of an opportunity!!

smcgiff wrote: »
    Hi Boombastic,

Best of luck

dont think i would be giving a job to a guy who post's 65 replies on the boards site in one day , am i right, he joined yesterday and have made 65 posts?
    i would be well dubious of someone like that , they would be sitting on the net all day ranting , instead of doing the job in hand :D

or he could be just a poor troll - time will tell on that one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

dont think i would be giving a job to a guy who post's 65 replies on the boards site in one day...

Maybe he's a management Intern :D

he was a porter in a hospital , do you think they are going to place him with cisco or hp ? no , he will be stacking or lifting for 100 a week.

Why not use the job they were offered - working in an office as the example
    smcgiff wrote: »
    Hi Boombastic,

Best of luck

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Sean Bateman

Chronogical gaps look horrendous on a CV and the bigger the gap, the harder it is to explain.

I'd back the guy with the unpaid internship / job bridge experience against the reluctant waster any day...

Why not use the job they were offered - working in an office as the example

but how does that prove your argument ?
    if you have read mine posts carfully you will notice that i have said that people on JSA SHOULD go for and do extra training , the down side of that is the abuse of these programs by " employers "
    you have not come up with a justification for 40 hrs a week on 100 euro
    no matter how networked he gets

but how does that prove your argument ?
    if you have read mine posts carfully you will notice that i have said that people on JSA SHOULD go for and do extra training , the down side of that is the abuse of these programs by " employers "
    you have not come up with a justification for 40 hrs a week on 100 euro
    no matter how networked he gets

What scheme doesn't offer some top up? As far as I'm aware they all do. Maybe the OP can clarify?

He lives with his parents. Fair play to his mother for demanding rent, otherwise it would simply be pocket money for him

Oh and just to clarify, I haven't been asked to lift fridges or stock shelves yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Good for you.
    Getting offered a job that will increase your exp and money for a week and all you have to do is work 40 hours a week like the people who are paying for your dole and who earn less.
    Muck that. Why work when you can sit on your arse all day doing fup all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

33. Is there any reduced rate childcare if I take up this scheme?
    No, but a host organisation may have childcare facilities available.

This is from the FAQs for the Jobbridge scheme. http://www.jobbridge.ie/toolkit/faqintern.pdf

That is damn unhelpful - I couldn't do it, even if I wanted to & actually I would. I would love to do dog/pet grooming or other things. It is NOT feasible in the slightest for me to do it though.

What is the opinion of people - if the interns are being used for government organisation. Slave labour for their own government... Is that better or worse? About five out of the twenty interns available in my area are for different government organisations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

:rolleyes: Something about a horse with a sense of entitlement and yours was?

Well you asked what i was doing because i was 'sitting around scratching myself' (which i'm clearly not) and you seem to have a warped sense of entitlement because you're happy to work for less than the going rate - good for you, but i think it's wrong. I think you've picked me up wrong too - I'm a firm believer in making your own good fortune in life, paying my own way, the only way to get anywhere is hard graft and there's no such thing as a free lunch, but you don't seem to be able to differentiate between 'career' dole-merchants and someone who got laid off, is down on their luck and doesn't want to partake in the first piece of underpaid shít that's thrown their way.

There's a line to be drawn and these work for peanuts schemes have well and truly crossed it.

Jester252 wrote: »
    Good for you.
    Getting offered a job that will increase your exp and money for a week and all you have to do is work 40 hours a week like the people who are paying for your dole and who earn less.
    Muck that. Why work when you can sit on your arse all day doing fup all?
    I'd go nuts sitting looking at the four walls all day. Just because I'm on a scheme doesn't mean I have stopped applying for other jobs.:)
    Queen-Mise wrote: »
    This is from the FAQs for the Jobbridge scheme. http://www.jobbridge.ie/toolkit/faqintern.pdf

That is damn unhelpful - I couldn't do it, even if I wanted to & actually I would. I would love to do dog/pet grooming or other things. It is NOT feasible in the slightest for me to do it though.

What is the opinion of people - if the interns are being used for government organisation. Slave labour for their own government... Is that better or worse? About five out of the twenty interns available in my area are for different government organisations.

Dog grooming - can't you do that from your home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Personally I can't wait to qualify for jobbridge. I only applied for the dole yesterday as I had savings and live at home so need to wait 3 months first. I don't care if it's exploitation- it's extra money AND it's experience. There are a number of internships that fit what I want exactly- medical secretary- that are much more beneficial than doing a course in it. I think for graduates like me jobbridge can be great.

Chronogical gaps look horrendous on a CV and the bigger the gap, the harder it is to explain.

I'd back the guy with the unpaid internship / job bridge experience against the reluctant waster any day...

Yep, because only a select handful of people are aware of the unemployment crisis.

What scheme doesn't offer some top up? As far as I'm aware they all do. Maybe the OP can clarify?

He lives with his parents. Fair play to his mother for demanding rent, otherwise it would simply be pocket money for him

Oh and just to clarify, I haven't been asked to lift fridges or stock shelves yet

well done you , and by extension this does apply to all other on the jobs bridge program ? i have seen chip shop assistants and jr warehouse donkeys advertised

dont be so trite in saying that just because it's working for you it will work for others

the fact that you just cant admit that for many people this jobs bridge is cheap hands for a company turning a profit , keep the blinkers on, but it does not hide the fact that it happens
    you just ignore the many people who have been on it as have said it was a pile'o'****e

if they want a office jr they could advertise it as normal and pay a normal starting wage , they did not, because they want FREE staff for as long as they can get it
    does not matter if he gets a job after , the point is about his " training " time

No, can't go back to work because they're paying less than the going rate, why should anyone work in a job where the person beside them even at minimum wage is getting at least 100 quid a week more? You do work, you're paid properly for it, it's that simple. If you're happy to be played for an utter fool and swallow everything our wonderful government throws your way without question, hooray for you.

Again, what difference does it make to your life what the person beside you earns?
    No one's job is safe and karma is a right bítch, so you'd do well to come down off you high horse because it doesn't matter about your intentions and work ethic, you'll run out of luck eventually.

Maybe it's about time some people came back down to earth?

good for you, but i think it's wrong.

So you would rather I didn't have any job:confused: because you think it's wrong, when you haven't a clue of the actual circumstances

I think you've picked me up wrong too - I'm a firm believer in making your own good fortune in life, paying my own way, the only way to get anywhere is hard graft and there's no such thing as a free lunch,

But only those on the dole are entitled to a free lunch? And people who take any work going to try and better themselves are idiots?
    but you don't seem to be able to differentiate between 'career' dole-merchants and someone who got laid off, is down on their luck and doesn't want to partake in the first piece of underpaid shít that's thrown their way.

There's a line to be drawn and these work for peanuts schemes have well and truly crossed it.

I thought I differentiated quite clearly in this post:

scroungers = people who have never worked / people who don't want to work / people would would prefer to be on the dole than work

If your not any of the above and on the dole while using it as a stopgap while you are really looking for work, why would you take offence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Dog grooming - can't you do that from your home?

I am sure I could - but I don't think the intern-ship will be in my home though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

if they want a office jr they could advertise it as normal and pay a normal starting wage , they did not, because they want FREE staff for as long as they can get it
    does not matter if he gets a job after , the point is about his " training " time

Exactly. Tell us what company it was OP so I can boycott them for being ars€holes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

What scheme doesn't offer some top up. As far as I'm aware they all do. Maybe the OP can clarify?

OP can't clarify. Troll IMO. His initial post was all over the place.

This argument will unfortunately continue like a game of tennis. Those shouting from the rooftops that anybody who participates in any of these programmes is getting rode by the state, slavery and all that jazz and others who feel that it is valid work experience, the individual will most likely benefit and in either case, it cannot harm his future prospects.

Some simple facts remain eitherway..

1. There are people out there who wont get off their holes and will avoid work at every opportunity. You will most likely find these were unemployed through the "good times" and were unemployed before that, and unfortunately, this attitude will translate to some of their children. We all see it.

2. Some schemes, ( the job bridge being one ) are going to be bent backwards by some unscrupulous employers. Obviously, there is an avenue of complaint but how effective it is is anybodies guess. An earlier poster made reference to "van helpers" required for this scheme. Taking the piss is an understatement in this case.

3. And some schemes have another "not so obvious" benefit for the state - if 100 people are sent a letter of offer for participation on a particular scheme, you would be amazed at the amount of people who magically find work following receipt of the letter...basically, people who have been riding the system and now figure the game is up, so they sign off. And there are always a few of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

So can we agree on the point that this scheme would benefit people a lot more if it was run far more effectively, targeting people who have been on the dole for a long time and showing a general unwillingness to work?

I'd even agree with the cutting off of payments if people refused in this instance I have to say.

I would concur with this sentiment too. I think Boombastic is taking a bit of a lashing here for spurious reasons on the opposing side. I'm sure he'd agree with this as well.

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    I am sure I could - but I don't think the intern-ship will be in my home though.

True.

How much does a course in dog grooming cost to do?

Basic Dog Grooming Course including City & Guilds
    Level 3 Introductory
    Six weeks / 24 days / €4,200

You'd be gaining the value of the course and be paid for earning that experience

And do you really expect free childcare?:D Surely the child's other parent or family can help out if you're that anxious to get back to work

dodzy wrote: »
    OP can't clarify. Troll IMO. His initial post was all over the place.

This argument will unfortunately continue like a game of tennis. Those shouting from the rooftops that anybody who participates in any of these programmes is getting rode by the state, slavery and all that jazz and others who feel that it is valid work experience, the individual will most likely benefit and in either case, it cannot harm his future prospects.

Some simple facts remain eitherway..

1. There are people out there who wont get off their holes and will avoid work at every opportunity. You will most likely find these were unemployed through the "good times" and were unemployed before that, and unfortunately, this attitude will translate to some of their children. We all see it.

2. Some schemes, ( the job bridge being one ) are going to be bent backwards by some unscrupulous employers. Obviously, there is an avenue of complaint but how effective it is is anybodies guess. An earlier poster made reference to "van helpers" required for this scheme. Taking the piss is an understatement in this case.

3. And some schemes have another "not so obvious" benefit for the state - if 100 people are sent a letter of offer for participation on a particular scheme, you would be amazed at the amount of people who magically find work following receipt of the letter...basically, people who have been riding the system and now figure the game is up, so they sign off. And there are always [/U]a few of them

your dead right - so with this in mind assuming our OP is not one of the latter , do you think he should do 40 hrs a week for 100 euro ? even if he did not have to pay for transport , food or new clothes its still a state sponsored joke

getting the impression people think OP ( if he is real and not a troll ) is a lazy b , but maybe he just is not going to let himself get rode

has anyone asked if the terms were improved would he take it then?

the attitude of some really stinks - these type of threads are getting really depressing - this county is sliding to the right with open arms

its funny , the highest ranked country's for standard of life are all left socialist leaning country's and the right leaning are wwwaaaayyyy down the list

coincidence that the blue shirts are in power ? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Yeah, nice rant. I'm doing a job bridge scheme by the way. The way I see it it is if I'm prepared and able to do it why aren't others?

Yes the person beside me might be earning more, but so what? How does that directly effect my life? Good for them.

I'm learning new skills and keeping in the work force, what are you doing? Scratching yourself, why complaining you're not getting what you're entitled to?:rolleyes:

Karma is a b1tch and when we're both being interviewed for the same job, I wonder who the employer with be more impressed with

the one who will settle for working for nothing. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

for fas/dole crowd

we see that your interested in working in a office

i was like :D

40 hours a week full time on a scheme

(for free no mention of that 50 euro) :mad:

what a ****ing kick in the teeth :(

straight in the bin it went

what a waste of time money paper ink etc :rolleyes:

Now that's the kind of cant do attitude we at "sit on yer hole and do nothing industries" have been looking for, how soon can you start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

No one wants to work for 50 quid a week but you do what you have to do. I lost my job before the JB scheme was introduced. I was very quickly bored of having nothing to do and decided to volunteer. I found an organisation and starting working for them and it gave me a sense of purpose, some dignity and something productive to do and even though it was costing me money to do it with the cost of transport etc I was glad to do it.

9 months after I started and still on the dole they offered me a job, I never would have been able to get a foot in the door without the fact I volunteered and bear in mind during that time I was getting nada for my trouble. I know not everyone will be offered a full time job after JB but its got to be better than doing nothing, it opens door, gives experience, helps with networking etc

Are some people really begrudging me because I'm on a job bridge scheme, jebus, you can't win in this country. Ye are right. F*ck this so. I'll jack it in in the morning. Anyone fancy a few cans in the afternoon? I'll see if I can get pregnant aswell, any other tips?

Are some people really begrudging me because I'm on a job bridge scheme, jebus, you can't win in this country. Ye are right. F*ck this so. I'll jack it in in the morning. Anyone fancy a few cans in the afternoon? I'll see if I can get pregnant aswell, any other tips?

No one's begrudging you anything, but you're garnering flack because you're so staunch in your opinion that anyone on the dole should take the first thing that comes along, with that thing being tantamount (within the context of the labour markets of the Western world) to slave labour and be chipper about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Any employer will look at you and see someone who wants to better themselves, how much better to explain a gap in your cv with " I did JB" than "I sat at home playing XBox", you are building up experience, references, maybe finding out new skills you never knew you had. Fair play to you, I admire anyone who tries to get on in this world.

Ah, so you're female...I was wondering how it was possible to post 70+ in a day. Mystery solved :p

On a serious note, I hope the JB works out for you Bb ;)

Now that's the kind of cant do attitude we at "sit on yer hole and do nothing industries" have been looking for, how soon can you start?

where does that state that he wants to sit on his hole ? do nothing ?
    it states that he does not want to do what amounts to slavery for 40 hrs for 100 euro

simple

the problem with making assumptions and all that .........
    sure, we should make them all wear big pointy hats and pick up the dog****e of the employed - sure we are paying his dole ,
    and while we are at it - you can clean some dog****e as well , if you went to college , i payed for that , if your ma got child benefit , i paid for that, and so on and on and on

and very unlucky for you i have a great Dane , bring a shovel

in your opinion that anyone on the dole should take the first thing that comes along

That's precisely what should happen - Beggars can't be choosers...decent people would do anything rather than draw the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Anyone thinking corporations should capitalise from the recession are pure idiots. There are so many thousand unemployed and you think all these people should work jobs for free. This means there is still this many people unemployed just that the ones employed arnt getting paid.
    I bet its all people who have jobs for life in civil service and stuff saying this . You should try the real world . Sooner or later you will be told " lads look I can let you go and take someone on for free if you dont buck up your ideas" . Will you blame the dole scroungers then .
    ^ months training for free to be a grunt , cop on .

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Listen up you lazy dole scrounging weak minded spoilt little mother trucker,

i dont think you should take the placement,its slave labour.

• Advertisement

That's precisely what should happen - Beggars can't be choosers...decent people would do anything rather than draw the dole.

Really? Yeah, if i was unemployed i'd be happy to take a job that pays me the appropriate rate for the work i do, not this písstake scheme that ye all seem so chuffed to be a part of.

Why is that so hard to grasp? I hope some of ye end up on the dole at some point, because ye clearly don't live in the real world.

Yep, because only a select handful of people are aware of the unemployment crisis.

Your comment is irrelevant.

A candidate with no gaps in his or her CV because he or she has participated in Job Bridge is better placed to secure a job than a work shy loafer who procrastinates about how unfair the world is.

Your comment is irrelevant.

A candidate with no gaps in his or her CV because he or she has participated in Job Bridge is better placed to secure a job than a work shy loafer who procrastinates about how unfair the world is.

This is the Job Bridge scheme where you have to be on the dole to qualify, right?

It's not all corporations and fridge lifting, but don't let that stop the begrudging.

Anyone around for a few cans tomorrow afternoon and some ps3 games?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

In before JOB BLOCKER:eek:

You expect the government to just keep handing you money for sitting on your hole?

Yeah sure why should they do that when they can hand him that and €50 more so a private company can have free labour.

If the government wants people to work for free in offices, they have no shortage of them themselves. Helping one private company save money and gain an advantage over another is not a good thing (well it is for the one gettign the free labour and keeping costs down)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

miss.aok wrote: »
    I think you were dead right to throw it away. ( the responses really have made me angry)

Some people forget that it costs to work (travel, uniform, maybe food etc.)and not getting a proper wage means your social welfare is going to suffer big time.

Ye you might get experience but right now experience isnt getting me anywhere. I worked 9months for free and for what? to end back up on the scratcher. I been applying for jobs everyday and getting no response. I am educated and hardworking yet- even working for free isnt seem to be showing companies I am good.

So basically op u are better off spending you time doing a fas course and looking for work.

and if you are going to work for free do something you enjoy e.g. if u like animals theres internships for grooming etc.

i have rarely come across some one who is educated and hard working who has been unable to find a job for 9 months... that is unless the job doesnt suit them

i have rarely come across some one who is educated and hard working who has been unable to find a job for 9 months... that is unless the job doesnt suit them
    ....and of course assumes that said person is actually seeking employment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

cloptrop wrote: »
    Anyone thinking corporations should capitalise from the recession are pure idiots. There are so many thousand unemployed and you think all these people should work jobs for free. This means there is still this many people unemployed just that the ones employed arnt getting paid.
    I bet its all people who have jobs for life in civil service and stuff saying this . You should try the real world . Sooner or later you will be told " lads look I can let you go and take someone on for free if you dont buck up your ideas" . Will you blame the dole scroungers then .
    ^ months training for free to be a grunt , cop on .

I work in the public sector and I certainly don't think people should be forced into these positions. My own brothers son is on a JB, 150 a week is terrible. The only thing is that he really is getting experience and learning, it not like those ones in rip off positions and he was told there may be real work for him at some stage.

However, it is easy to see that these interships are being abused.

It's not all corporations and fridge lifting, but don't let that stop the begrudging.

Anyone around for a few cans tomorrow afternoon and some ps3 games?:pac:

so basically your saying all people on the dole sit around drinking beer and playing xbox , do you actually believe that rubbish

funny - you have been ignoring lots of questions and trucking on with your nonsense - ignore if you want the evidence presented for you

so when the crowd who hired you on the jobs bridge, drop you when the " internship " is over - you read back on the nonsense you have posted here and maybe just maybe you might understand a little bit more

because your style of pontificating at the great unwashed - but not answering valid questions, and being very quiet when your are proven wrong is very tedious

oh the bitterness in one so young - tragic really

This Job Bridge stuff sounds pretty simple.. It seperates people who want to be on the dole from those who dont. I knew so many people living their version of "cushy lives" who never had any intention of finding work.

If I were in a position to hire someone, I know for a fact who Id give the opportunity to. The recession has been in full swing for a few years now but alot of people dont seem to be getting it.

so basically your saying all people on the dole sit around drinking beer and playing xbox , do you actually believe that rubbish

funny - you have been ignoring lots of questions and trucking on with your nonsense - ignore if you want the evidence presented for you

so when the crowd who hired you on the jobs bridge, drop you when the " internship " is over - you read back on the nonsense you have posted here and maybe just maybe you might understand a little bit more

because your style of pontificating at the great unwashed - but not answering valid questions, and being very quiet when your are proven wrong is very tedious

oh the bitterness in one so young - tragic really

What questions are these then? Where have I been proven wrong? There are many posts here by people who have actually participated in the scheme who found it beneficial, but yet you rant on about fridge lifters, with no experience of the scheme themselves?

I have a addressed a lot of questions, while you have side stepped mine. It quite pathetic really if you have to look down on some one to make yourself feel better.
    How much is dutch gold these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

How you doing tajd. There a job for a night porter in the strand. Details on jobs.ie. paid job which means a real job none of that work for free crap. Anybody here who advocates it should walk in to their boss in the morning and tell them to put them on the scheme.

This Job Bridge stuff sounds pretty simple.. It seperates people who want to be on the dole from those who dont. I knew so many people living their version of "cushy lives" who never had any intention of finding work.

If I were in a position to hire someone, I know for a fact who Id give the opportunity to. The recession has been in full swing for a few years now but alot of people dont seem to be getting it.

but have you read how much the op said he was going to get for a 40 hr a week placement - that is just a rip - simple

now if the give him his dole plus a training benefits then he should take it , but as it stand he was 100% right to ignore this

as it was reported the OP would receive 2 euro fifty cent per hour, is the minimum wage now dead ? now there i was thinking slavery was abolished

The ignorance in this thread is shocking. It doesn't separate the people who want to be on the dole from those that don't. The people who want to be on the dole have been on it a lot longer than the recession and they'll probably still be on it when (if) the economy recovers. It separates the people who are willing to work for less than minimum wage to try to get ahead from those that want a fair wage for the work they perform.

Good to know the spirit of subservience that helped land us in this mess is alive and well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Yep its the age of the sheep in all its glory.
    Jobsbridge .

• Advertisement
Advertisement