Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backboard for a Dartboard

• 20-06-2012 2:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭

I just bought a dartboard which I'm going to hang in my attic where I have tons of space. Even though it's the attic, I still want to protect the wall.

What's is the best material to use as a backboard? Chipboard, MDF? and where can I purchase the material. Also, what would be the cleanest/handiest way of attaching the backboard to the wall?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

I just bought a dartboard which I'm going to hang in my attic where I have tons of space. Even though it's the attic, I still want to protect the wall.

What's is the best material to use as a backboard? Chipboard, MDF? and where can I purchase the material. Also, what would be the cleanest/handiest way of attaching the backboard to the wall?

If you are putting up a backboard, paint it with blackboard paint, grab some chalk and then you can use it as a scoreboard as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Webbs wrote: »
    If you are putting up a backboard, paint it with blackboard paint, grab some chalk and then you can use it as a scoreboard as well

Good thinking I just got a sheet of chipboard of a guy I know in the local Co-Op. And he threw in about 10 Tek screws.

Advertisement