Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Boot Problems

Options
  • 20-06-2012 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just built my first computer yesterday and have a few questions:

1- When I push the power button I hear two quiet enough beeps, the next thing I see is the Asrock Mobo Screen and I press F2 to go to BIOS. I looked up the two beeps and it says it may be a parity error, but the Asrock support page says that one beep after the POST is normal and says nothing about 2 beeps.

2- I have not installed the OS yet, awaiting delivery, and the screen I see if i dont enter BIOS is ''Reboot and select proper boot device or insert media etc.''

Does all this sound normal at this stage of the build?

BIOS is recognising all components etc and I have display from both GFX card and OnBoard HDMI out.

Thanks,

Ryan.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Paity is a RAM issue I think, and that line About choosing a proper boot device is normal; just set the boot option to whatever you're using for your windows install.

Advertisement