Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hedge Trimming Service

Options
  • 20-06-2012 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

... can anyone recommend a good one in around Drogheda?
    Have a long line of Leylandii that need tidying up.
    pm if u know anyone have decent and chayp!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Don't know anybody in that area - sorry.

But just a reminder that it's illegal to cut them at present, under the Wildlife Act. Any decent Tree Trimming Company will know this and not do them right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Don't know anybody in that area - sorry.

But just a reminder that it's illegal to cut them at present, under the Wildlife Act. Any decent Tree Trimming Company will know this and not do them right now.

Garden hedgerows are not covered by law under this act, so people are in fact free to cut them if they wish.
    How and ever, I would be examining the trees for possible bird nesting before I started a job + this is only light outside pruning/shaping. The trees themselves will not be chopped down!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

I used a guy a few years ago, and as it happens, he's due to call to me tomorrow evening to price another "haircut" for my own leylandii! Found him very good last time, he had the work done in half a day (I've about 10 trees and they're 20-ish feet tall) and he takes away all the cuttings.

Here are his details

http://www.thebestof.ie/local/dublin/business-guide/feature/ronnie-shanley-tree-services/543

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

gipi wrote: »
    I used a guy a few years ago, and as it happens, he's due to call to me tomorrow evening to price another "haircut" for my own leylandii! Found him very good last time, he had the work done in half a day (I've about 10 trees and they're 20-ish feet tall) and he takes away all the cuttings.

Here are his details

http://www.thebestof.ie/local/dublin/business-guide/feature/ronnie-shanley-tree-services/543

cheers, expensive or reasonable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

He wasn't able to call this evening, so I can't give you an up to date price. He's calling over on Sat morning instead.

Last time I got the trees cut (about 2009/10) I think it cost me about 350 euro

• Advertisement
Advertisement