Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Alarms Ltd? Problem with door sensor.

Options
  • 20-06-2012 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

A company called Cork Alarms installed our house alarm system about 12 years ago. It's been trouble-free up until now but, recently, one of the door sensors is giving problems. Even if the alarm is off, when this door is opened/closed, the alarm can activate (sometimes, not always) and the control panel indicates "tamper". This is a bit annoying to say the least.

I think Cork Alarms may have gone out of business (I can't find them either via Google or the Golden Pages)? Does anyone know if another company took over their customer base? Alternatively, can anyone recommend a company in Cork to fix this? And, if so, how much should I expect to pay to get this resolved? I suspect it's a relatively simple fault and will just require replacement of the door sensor circuitry?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Take a look here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748
    There is also a link to the PSA register of licensed installers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

jwb1 wrote: »
    A company called Cork Alarms installed our house alarm system about 12 years ago. It's been trouble-free up until now but, recently, one of the door sensors is giving problems. Even if the alarm is off, when this door is opened/closed, the alarm can activate (sometimes, not always) and the control panel indicates "tamper". This is a bit annoying to say the least.

I think Cork Alarms may have gone out of business (I can't find them either via Google or the Golden Pages)? Does anyone know if another company took over their customer base? Alternatively, can anyone recommend a company in Cork to fix this? And, if so, how much should I expect to pay to get this resolved? I suspect it's a relatively simple fault and will just require replacement of the door sensor circuitry?

Thanks!

It may just be the tamper on the device that when you open the door it rattles and activates the tamper to alarm alarm. If there is a screw on the sensor or even a junction box on the door tighten the screw and see how you get on before calling an engineer.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭jwb1

altor wrote: »
    It may just be the tamper on the device that when you open the door it rattles and activates the tamper to alarm alarm. If there is a screw on the sensor or even a junction box on the door tighten the screw and see how you get on before calling an engineer.

Thanks Altor. Good suggestion. I did that but to no avail; still have the problem. Another poster PM'ed me on this - he used to work for the company and is now out on his own so I'll have him take a look.

Thanks - John

Advertisement