Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it safe- "treehouse" over oiltank.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

One would suppose it's as safe as long as you are capable of securing it in place well enough and that the tree in question can support the tree house..

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tweenie

It is quite smelly (oil smell) over our oil tank.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

sorry, i haven't explained my plan very well. its being referred to as a treehouse in my house , but really i should call it a playhouse as theres no tree anywhere near it.
    My oiltank in on a concrete slab. My plan was to fix upright posts to this slab. And the playhouse would be above the oiltank with its floor about 6 feet of the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Its flamable presumably so it shouldnt be above the oil tank, a playhouse is quite unique but off the top of my head you must have min 1.8m clearance from eaves of a non fire rated building and min 1.8m from non fire rated structure.

Advertisement