Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garage lifts

• 20-06-2012 3:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭

so im thinking of buying a garage lift, it would be a single phase, two post lift for a few of my own jobs, and a few other small nixers also.
    there are a lot on the market, and after some thought, I decided to go for a new one - not secondhand, as there isnt much difference in the price.
    also there is the safety aspect to consider, who knows what was lifted beforehand.
    so I hit the good old done deal, and heres what i found
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tools/1877467
    2 post redmount, 1300 plus vat 23%

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tools/2031873
    pj fallon, pheonix, 1400 plus vat.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tools/1737043
    gordons, pheonix, 1400 also, plus vat.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tools/2780601
    howdens 1450 plus vat.

has anyone got any experience with any of the above, before i spend two days driving around the country?!!
    cheers
    h2ff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Joe 90

Never realised they could be that cheap. What about installation, is it basicly dig a couple of holes and pour concrete?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

More like a couple of bolts into concrete floor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

mickdw wrote: »
    More like a couple of bolts into concrete floor

I fear what some people think is a 'concrete' floor, and screed floor....could end in tears....and maybe worse. Much worse.

So, no, you can't 'just' bolt it to a floor.

I have a 'beam' of 300mm deep 30N concrete waiting for the day mine arrives.........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    I fear what some people think is a 'concrete' floor, and screed floor....could end in tears....and maybe worse. Much worse.

I have a 'beam' of 300mm deep 30N concrete waiting for the day mine arrives.........

I thought the previous poster was talking about concreting it in or something like that.
    Fair enough, you would need to know what you are bolting to but I would have thought that goes without saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Joe 90

galwaytt wrote: »

Yes, I was thinking more along those lines rather than in terms of a couple of Hilti bolts.;)

• Advertisement

Joe 90 wrote: »
    Yes, I was thinking more along those lines rather than in terms of a couple of Hilti bolts.;)

The majority are bolted down regardless of whether the exiting floor is deemed siutable or whether an additional structure has been created for the lift so I wouldnt be so quick to dismiss the hilti bolts or chemical bolts.
    A 300mm beam or thickening is brilliant as mentioned above. A reinforced floor slab as existing in many cases is perfectly suitable. As pointed out, you would need to know what you are setting up over but a small core or whatever out of the floor nearby would solve that.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭kildarelad

I have the Phoenix lift supplied by PJ Fallon.No issues with it over the past two years and it gets a fair bit of work.Excellent back up service from PJ and i paid the extra few pound and got him to install it which was done very well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

...all good advice. If it's a floor you put in yourself, you know what it is.

If it's a floor of a place you bought, or rent, just check it out - no prizes for taking chances.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DAVIDI

I have the 4 Tonne redmount lift with the electronic locks. Its a great lift and easy to install and the floor bolts come with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

Give top part a call. They supply and install lifts afaik. May as well deal with people who know what they are doing.. You'll find their number on their website, toppart.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

I have a Redmount 2 post single phase lift at home for the last 3 odd years with no issues.

I have it bolted into 6 inch thick concrete and its never flexed etc even with large 4x4's on it. Myself and a couple of mates fitted it in a couple of hours.

DSCF2595-1.jpg

DSCF2593-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

I bought mine from Howden tools in Cavan. It's a Eurotek 4T 2 post lift. I paid 1450+VAT.

Advertisement