Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commerce v Commerce International

Options
  • 20-06-2012 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

I've got Commerce International first on my CAO atm but i've heard that the language aspect of it is more based on the culture and literature of the country rather than business related topics? Is this true? I would rather just learn the language without going into all the cultural crap...So should I just put Commerce as my number 1? And do the language outside of college coz I don't want to learn unnecessary things I just want to learn the language!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Sure the language would be a good change from all the commerce and business. Also it never hurt anyone to know a bit about culture. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

The language modules are handled by the School of Languages and Literature. They're a completely different school to Quinn Business School. From what I've done so far, it's been entirely language + culture (literary modules mostly) and as far as I know that doesn't really change.

You could choose Commerce as No. 1 on your CAO and then using your elective (1 module per semester outside your degree program you can choose to study) you can study solely the French language modules. That said, at the end of your degree there is nothing demonstrating your fluency (if you achieve this) in French other than your word on your CV. Good thing about Commerce International is guaranteed Erasmus year abroad which is supposed to be amazing, that said the language is quite tough and requires a lot of work.

Advertisement