Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

who sent the man to kill bran in bed? *Spoilers*

• 20-06-2012 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

i watched the first two series of GOT an I am now reading the books.
    I always thought that it was the Kingslayer or Cecri that paid the cut throat to go and kill Bran in bed after they pushed him out of the window. I read something in the book last night which threw me off - its when Cathelyn and the Kingslayer are talking in the dungeons in Riverrun and I get the impression that it was King Robert that sent the cut throat -
    any one else any opinions on this?

Mod Note: I have no problem with someone answering this if the OP really wants to know but if it is answered please use spoilers and forewarning, otherwise I'll consider locking this one if he/she is just happy to keep reading the books

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

You're gonna want to add a big spoiler tag to the thread title and an extra warning before we even begin to discuss that.

Theres no real answer to give you that wont include huge spoilers. If you want to know, keep reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Trying to remember if it was in A Storm Of Swords or in A Feast Of Crows where the answer to the OP's question first popped up.

If you are now reading the books Viz, I would say that you should just take Mitch's advice and keep reading. You have a heck of a lot of really big moments to experience in the books before you get to your question. Just keep reading and enjoy every page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

You find out in part 2 of A Storm of Swords iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Dubhlinner

viztopia wrote: »
    i watched the first two series of GOT an I am now reading the books.
    I read something in the book last night which threw me off - its when Cathelyn and the Kingslayer are talking in the dungeons in Riverrun and I get the impression that it was King Robert that sent the cut throat -
    any one else any opinions on this?

I think Robert just meant that in the way people say it when talking in favour of euthanasia these days. I don't think Jaime was in any way suggesting Robert sent him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

ok on the 4th book now and after reading through the wedding so i know who was responsible. its bugging me why that person wanted to do it - is this explained in any future books/chapters? (sorry for asking - have no patience and cant see what the motive was)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

viztopia wrote: »
    ok on the 4th book now and after reading through the wedding so i know who was responsible. its bugging me why that person wanted to do it - is this explained in any future books/chapters? (sorry for asking - have no patience and cant see what the motive was)

Maybe someone will correct me on this but if I recall correctly SPOILER OBVIOUSLY
    he overhead a drunk robert saying it would have been better if the fall had killed bran and not left him crippled, the motive from what I gathered was simply to put him out of his misery
    as I say been a while so maybe someone else will correct me on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

calex71 wrote: »
    Maybe someone will correct me on this but if I recall correctly SPOILER OBVIOUSLY
    he overhead a drunk robert saying it would have been better if the fall had killed bran and not left him crippled, the motive from what I gathered was simply to put him out of his misery

That's it exactly from my memory.

I remember, sometimes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Chief_Jack

Wasn't it revealed at some stage to have been
    Joffrey
    ? I remember that happening at some stage but I cant remember if it was in the books or the series.

Chief_Jack wrote: »
    Wasn't it revealed at some stage to have been
    Joffrey
    ? I remember that happening at some stage but I cant remember if it was in the books or the series.

Think it was during the
    wedding from a tireon chapter in a storm of swords

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Chief_Jack

Ah yes, I think you may be right there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

calex71 wrote: »

Nope, I'd have to say I read it very diferently then

There was no Higher altruistic intent on the part of the character in question,
    He is a little Siht and as such was acting as a little sihts do, AFAIR he had been embarrased by Bran at Winterfell somehow, I think it was when they were sparing in the yard, it was one of the frst indicators of how truly egotistical and psychopatic the character was when Tyrion reflected upon it later

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    Nope, I'd have to say I read it very diferently then

There was no Higher altruistic intent on the part of the character in question,
    He is a little Siht and as such was acting as a little sihts do, AFAIR he had been embarrased by Bran at Winterfell somehow, I think it was when they were sparing in the yard, it was one of the frst indicators of how truly egotistical and psychopatic the character was when Tyrion reflected upon it later

After a bit of search I did find a thread and reference from storm of swords and we were both wrong in terms of motive.

Spoilers obviously, and only an assumption from other characters I guess but as close as I got to the facts in my search
    Cersei:"Of course we were alone. Us and the children." Cersei removed her hairnet and draped it over a bedpost, then shook out her golden curls. "Perhaps Myrcella sent this man with the dagger, do you think so?"

It was meant as mockery, but she'd cut right to the heart of it, Jaime saw at once. "Not Myrcella. Joffrey."

Cersei frowned. "Joffrey had no love for Robb Stark, but the younger boy was nothing to him. He was only a child himself."

"A child hungry for a pat on the head from that sot you let him believe was his father." He had an uncomfortable thought. "Tyrion almost died because of this bloody dagger. If he knew the whole thing was Joffrey's work, that might be why..."

Advertisement