Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone with a National Irish bank account charges and mortgage

Options
  • 20-06-2012 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭

Those of you with NIB accounts would have had your account type changed recently. theyre now charging for all banking charges but theres several account types they have on offer. set monthly fee or transaction based. If you dont pick one I think you go on the transaction one.

I rang up last week and asked could someone review my account and decide which was the best one for me and they picked the middle one and sent out forms.
    Im still not happy so I rang the local branch as have a sizable mortgage with them, asking if something could be done.
    While nothing could be done about the charges, they did say if I went on the highest current account type, the prestige level, it would cost 125 euro a year to cover all bank charges, however it also would qualify me for a .3% discount on my mortage. 4.1% down to 3.8% (or whatever the rate is)

Just worked out thats an annual saving of 700 per year. for a fee of 125e.

have that.

If you dont have a mortgage with them, bank of ireland will do free banking as long as your salary is mandated to them so maybe a cheaper option then banking with NIB. Some Ts and Cs apply but none more then usual as the man says.

Advertisement