Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for samples..

• 20-06-2012 4:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

A few years ago, myself and another girl went on the hunt for free make up and beauty samples to use to fill up hen party bags, (which also contained sweeties, candles and eye masks etc); it was an idea she had come across and I thought no one would be keen, but actually it went down a storm at the hen! Each hen got a 'goody bag' with samples of different creams, perfumes, lotions and potions and it brought out the girly side in everyone, swapping and trying! The feedback was great from the stores too; mainly little pharamacies that had beauty stalls or counters... and it was in Ennis...

Anyways...Im the bridesmaid for a wedding coming up and would love to do the idea.. but feel a lot less ballsy than I did then (I did go with her!)..is it weird? If you worked in a pharmacy or beauty counter, and were approached for a few samples (it'd only be nine!!)... Am I being super paranoid or is it genuinely weird?

What ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I say go for it the worst they can say is no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Id say go for it too. They might end up getting business out of it if people are happy with the samples and want to buy full size items. Maybe you should say you're going to give each recipient a list of the shops that participate and encourage them to buy there. Might win you some favour. :)
    Also I'd LOVE one of those bags. Great idea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I'd definitely say go for it, as Scraggs said, the worst they can say is no.

Are you anywhere near Brent Cross shopping centre or can you get there? Bobbi Brown give out samples, I know 'cos I got some there.

I got mascara, foundation, eye cream, face cream, lip gloss, two small tubs of their primer/face base.

I don't know if they'd give you nine of the same items, maybe they'd give you nine different samples as they don't always have a lot of samples of the same product, they also don't know what samples they have coming until they actually come it, so it's pot luck with what you get really.

I presume other Bobbi counters would have samples too, but I won't say for sure that they do as I've no experience with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I'd definitely say go for it, as Scraggs said, the worst they can say is no.

Are you anywhere near Brent Cross shopping centre or can you get there? Bobbi Brown give out samples, I know 'cos I got some there.

I got mascara, foundation, eye cream, face cream, lip gloss, two small tubs of their primer/face base.

I don't know if they'd give you nine of the same items, maybe they'd give you nine different samples as they don't always have a lot of samples of the same product, they also don't know what samples they have coming until they actually come it, so it's pot luck with what you get really.

I presume other Bobbi counters would have samples too, but I won't say for sure that they do as I've no experience with them.

Def dont need nine of the same, a random selction is best really!

You got that much from BB!!! Wow! I'm the other direction from Brent Cross (sadly!) these days, but beside Westfield Startford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Def dont need nine of the same, a random selction is best really!

You got that much from BB!!! Wow! I'm the other direction from Brent Cross (sadly!) these days, but beside Westfield Startford.
    I got them at different times though, not all at once lol.

I know someone who works there and her colleagues know me too so that could be why I got lots of samples, although I wouldn't be sure on that.

I've heard my sister mention Westfield, is there a BB counter there you could try? Or Maybe Selfridges? Sorry I'm just naming random places as I don't know where about's you are obviously.

• Advertisement
Advertisement