Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary things that are amazing.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The fact that in, god knows how many years of life, countless wars, so many people dying, and humanity is not only still alive, but advancing every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

Nom nom nom.

With jam and cream for a real treat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

This thread used to be good!

One thing I'll always remember as being amazing is when my younger sister was only a small baby and she picked up the spoon and jar of food and fed herself for the first time. That really took me back, the fact that she knew even at that age to feed herself to stay alive. Still think about it every now and then.

Now she's 7 and is mental.

Pedant wrote: »

Are you particularly horny tonight? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Are you particularly horny tonight? :p

I hope not Pedant!:eek: That was just trolling, remember?:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

finding a cold part of the duvet/matress when your really warm in bed

1ZRed wrote: »

Oh yeh sorry. And I forgot about the mod warning so shhhhhhh

<_<
    >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

- The fact that your heart never stops beating all your life.
    - And to think that before you were born you were scattered across supermarket shelves probably in the form of, among other things - butter, carrots, apples, some chicken fillets and a few tea bags. Just think of that the next time you go shopping. :)
    - How you can see through a solid object, i.e. glass. Mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    - And to think that before you were born you were scattered across supermarket shelves probably in the form of, among other things - butter, carrots, apples, some chicken fillets and a few tea bags.

:confused:

dude, your parents fecked up that talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

1ZRed wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Pedant wrote: »
    Anal sex is akin to masturbation because only one person is being sexually stimulated.

What? Lots of people find that area very sensitive!

Sea Filly wrote: »
    What? Lots of people find that area very sensitive!

He was just taking the piss. I think sex talk is strictly off the menu tonight. Thanks mods:(

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭MadameGascar

Tea

Coffee!:)

Music and the influence of sounds in general. Also, the wind. I know how it works but I'm still in awe of it, the effects has and changes in and that come with it while going constantly relatively unseen and unnoticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Coagulation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    - The fact that your heart never stops beating all your life.
    - And to think that before you were born you were scattered across supermarket shelves probably in the form of, among other things - butter, carrots, apples, some chicken fillets and a few tea bags. Just think of that the next time you go shopping. :)
    - How you can see through a solid object, i.e. glass. Mad!

glass isnt solid, its still liquid and moves extremely slowly. amazing isnt it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Woah. Cheers for the reminder there. I forgot about that. No wonder I failed Science at Junior.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Ah yes, that rings a bell. I was too busy daydreaming back in physics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

No, it's an amorphous solid. When heated it just turns softer and sags rather than turning into liquid. Going the opposite way, it hardens without crystalizing - i.e, it has the same structure whether hard or soft.

Confab wrote: »
    No, it's an amorphous solid. When heated it just turns softer and sags rather than turning into liquid. Going the opposite way, it hardens without crystalizing - i.e, it has the same structure whether hard or soft.

I used to know that sh/t last year when I did my leaving. My B1 in engineering fails me!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Confab wrote: »
    No, it's an amorphous solid.

Nope, it's a highly viscous liquid. Old windows are thicker at the bottom because of the very slow flowing of the glass downwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Sea Filly wrote: »
    Nope, it's a highly viscous liquid. Old windows are thicker at the bottom because of the very slow flowing of the glass downwards.

I'm afraid that's an urban legend here's a couple of links

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Child birth. I have watched three of my children being born and it is the craziest thing I have ever witnessed. Looking at another human growing inside another and then being born is just incredible.

The stamps that they put on eggs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

A mushroom grew in between my bathroom tiles yesterday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

paddyandy wrote: »
    One raindrop will never touch another on the way down !

Somehow I doubt this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

The average human heart pumps upto 7 tonnes of blood per day. Over an average life time your heart will pump around 200,000 tonnes of blood. Or about the weight of 1,250 jumbo jets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

My ten year old. Collected him Sunday and for the thirty minute drive he said dad I have a story to tell you. He gave an indept analayis of times gone by from the dinosaures, ice age, bronze age, iron age, medieval times up to modern times. I was left speechless.

Nature in general especially with animals. How my old mans 3 year old jack Russell knew exactly how to feed and clean pups from the word go.

The universe and how it all began and what would happen if the sun ever went out. We'd all die but just imagine the world wide panic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Pushtrak wrote: »
    The lyre bird...

Watch from 1:30 or so...

Shiiiiiiiiiit...:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Advertisement