Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer for start up Business

Options
  • 20-06-2012 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi All,

I need to invest in a new printer for my start-up design business and would be grateful for any advice you might have on the matter.

The printer will be used mostly for brochures and invitations-they will need to be high quality and I don't have a massive budget as I am only starting out. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Valdez

Hi laylah. If your looking to print some brochures and dont want to spend loads on a printer give me a shout. I got two xeroxs and a roland wide format printer. Im looking to partner with other graphic designers. And maybe build a good brand and hub where designers came and have use of my printers and whatever fron sign making to silk screen abd emboridery. Im not a huge printer but i know how hard it can be for those who are just starting and have no access to printer or finnishing equipment. Anyways give me a shout if your intrested. And sorry for any typos. Type this on a phone. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

www.printtrade.ie

www.printersbuyandsell.com

Both have printers for sale. worth keeping an eye weekly.

Also donedeal and adverts.ie have a few

PS just remember a guillotine is as important as a printer. You need to be able to cut your stock down, preferably after printing.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lesserspottedchloe

thanks Pippip-I was kinda looking for personal recommendations of specific models for that kind of work though.

Are you looking at new or used machine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

A place I used to work had an old Xerox 250 for letterhead, stationery, poster work etc. Seems its an oldie but a goodie. Don't know how easy it is to get toner for it nowadays though. Where I work now uses a Konica Minolta.

• Advertisement

The 242/250/260 all are the same machine but run at different speeds. I run a 242 which is great image wise and as mentioned can be used for letterheads etc without problems running through a second office printer.

The only point on these xerox is that the toner has a specific finish. If you get one you need to tell your laminator to use a super adhesive film or you will have a problem with it lifting off at the sides where you have bleed-off.

There is a big laminating house in Ballymount we use on larger runs who are brilliant and never have a problem.

If you get a xerox the creo rip is a must, it brings the image quality up to another level.

Hi pippip. You know where I can buy second hand creo rip? Got got a 242 and 700 both with just built in fiery.

Valdez, Sorry not to sure where you could track a second hand one down. Not something I have ever seen advertised.

I would recommend ringing the following companies who may know where -

www.dec-tek.ie (xerox service providers, few of the lads do bits on the side)
    www.ibs.ie (would more than likely try selling you a new one but you may get lucky)
    Digidox - 01 4097970 (never used to be allowed sell creo's but this changed in recent years)
    Xerox Direct - Again I don't think they would sell used stock but might point you in the right direction.

You could also put a wanted request on Printtrade or Printersbuyandsell.

Yeah I got service contracts with digidox and 3d. thanks for the reply mate.

Advertisement